thefourthperiod.com: Boston ONE of 6 teams in mix on Richards...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

thefourthperiod.com: Boston ONE of 6 teams in mix on Richards...

Take it for what it's worth but these guys are pretty respected in Canada and usually don't jump the gun on rumors. In reality, this may not mean a thing but it would not hurt for PC to at least kick the tires on the asking price.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: thefourthperiod.com: Boston ONE of 6 teams in mix on Richards...

Kreicji would likely be involved as would Toronto's pick.

Who knows, maybe the acquisiton of Kelly is specifically meant to try to wrangle a deal like this before the deadline.

I don't see it due the cap space issue.  If he did pull it off, Tim Thomas is probably gone next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FerenceONpoint. Show FerenceONpoint's posts

TWO big money rental players?  I probably wouldn't renew my season tickets if this trade goes down.

*** Unless PC has it confirmed behind closed doors that Savard will announce retirement over the off season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: thefourthperiod.com: Boston ONE of 6 teams in mix on Richards...:
    Kreicji would likely be involved as would Toronto's pick. Who knows, maybe the acquisiton of Kelly is specifically meant to try to wrangle a deal like this before the deadline. I don't see it due the cap space issue.  If he did pull it off, Tim Thomas is probably gone next year.
    Posted by BBReigns

I agree with most of this post.  I would change Thomas to be some big money player currently on the Bruins.  It could just as easily be Horton or some other combination.  Certainly Thomas would be on the list of possibilities though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I would rather see a bigger, cheaper player come here from a nonplayoff team, a la Satan last year. Kovalev would have been a great rental. We've already kissed several of our future picks bye bye except for the Toronto one that may be only a top 10 now. To weaken the team in another area (Krejci or Ryder) to strengthen another (Richards) would be detrimental. Ryder is a proven playoff scorer, so his salad days are fast approaching. I would say Brian Boyle or Kris Kreider for Toronto's pick and maybe Maxim Sauve (but not Spooner or Knight) would give us either a huge 6'7" presence (Boyle) in front of the net for all those Kaberle/Chara wristers, or a speedy player with first round size (6'2" Kreider, who just might be the next Skinner and possibly could crack the B's now) . Most importantly, Boyle and Kreider are young so a high first round pick trade wouldn't be as huge a loss.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

Richards would increase our chances at a cup this year. I like it.  He's a former conn smythe winner.  Our time is now.  Push the envelope PC.  Do what it takes to land Richards.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

If they would take Krejci and the toronto first I would do it in a heart beat. Has Krejci gotten any better since his rookie season? I don't think so in fact I think you could make a very strong argument he has gotten worse. We can get a prooven vet who will help us now. The toronto pick I don't think is going to be a lottery pick anyway. Also I think PC is bringing back Kaberle and it seems Kaberle wants to be here as he is good friends with chara.

Krejci and the toronto first for richards sighn me up!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jayman77. Show jayman77's posts

My only concern is does adding Richards does this hurt the Team chemistry by having to deal a piece or 2 away ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: thefourthperiod.com: Boston ONE of 6 teams in mix on Richards...:
    My only concern is does adding Richards does this hurt the Team chemistry by having to deal a piece or 2 away ?
    Posted by jayman77

Not worried about it. Our core nucleus of players have prooven nothing to us besides that they are good at losing game 7's every year. Nobody should be untouchable on this team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

ALL FOR IT!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from choclab511. Show choclab511's posts

I agree, assuming you it is a sign and trade situation. I would never give up DK and the pick for a rental, but if Richards signed a contract extension? Now we're talking.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

well rumors are he may sign an extension with dallas then get traded to whoever

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Posted by jayman77

PC has added 3 new bodies, so I don't see one more creating a chemistry problem.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

With Bergeron, Kelly, Peverly, Campbell and Seguin all able to pick up the center position here in 2011, it makes Krejci a movable piece ONLY for someone of Richards' talent.

Best way to lure a top-tier guy to your team during UFA is to give him a playoff run and develop some chemistry/tie to the city and teammates.

Go for it. Krejci + 2nd rounder might get it done, but depends on how much other teams are willing to sell their souls.

PC has played this well. He can get away with heading into the playoffs with the team he has. He might as well dangle a mid-level offer, see if they take it. If not, oh well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

If they got richards no matter what the result in the playoffs I won't question it. GO FOR IT! I thought we had a legit chance to win the cup back on 04 when we got Nylander and Gonchar but we choked. But I still don't question that trade they went for it thats all we can ask for as fans.

Another thing to with the cap the way it is set up. You can't keep all kinds of young good players for a long time just look what happened to last years Blackhawks team in the offseason.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

TWO big money rental players?  I probably wouldn't renew my season tickets if this trade goes down. *** Unless PC has it confirmed behind closed doors that Savard will announce retirement over the off season.
    Posted by FerenceONpoint

This is what it comes back to for me.  Even moving Krejčí out, if Savard is going to give it another go next season it is unlikely Richards could be fit in, making whatever price is paid strictly a rental price.  If PC still had the Boston first round next year and could make it a conditional pick, maybe.  Not sure what other options he'd have now.

Speaking of Savard, anyone heard how Richards' head is feeling?  Is he getting over his concussion at all?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: thefourthperiod.com: Boston ONE of 6 teams in mix on Richards... : This is what it comes back to for me.  Even moving Krejčí out, if Savard is going to give it another go next season it is unlikely Richards could be fit in, making whatever price is paid strictly a rental price.  If PC still had the Boston first round next year and could make it a conditional pick, maybe.  Not sure what other options he'd have now. Speaking of Savard, anyone heard how Richards' head is feeling?  Is he getting over his concussion at all?
    Posted by DrCC

He skated either today or yesterday.  He responded well but will not play in the next game. I read this somewhere on Twitter.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

To all those who are on the "do whatever it takes to win this year" train.

Richards has 62pts in 63 playoff games. That is impressive.

If the guy rebounds from his concussion to 100% Richards-Bergeron would be the top 2 guys down the middle that you would want to win a Cup.

Thomas <- Vezina
    Chara <- Top 5 defender
    Bergeron <- top 5 shutdown forward
    Richards <- ConSmythe

If you want it all now you want richards on this team. IMO the price is too high and id like to make 3-4 runs over the next few years than blow it all up to go for it right away.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Giving up DK and The Pick for a rental is unacceptable.  This team is not + Richards, - DK = Cup.

Just adding Richards?  Maybe.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

If they would take Krejci and the toronto first I would do it in a heart beat. Has Krejci gotten any better since his rookie season? I don't think so in fact I think you could make a very strong argument he has gotten worse. We can get a prooven vet who will help us now. The toronto pick I don't think is going to be a lottery pick anyway. Also I think PC is bringing back Kaberle and it seems Kaberle wants to be here as he is good friends with chara. Krejci and the toronto first for richards sighn me up!
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

Nuh-uh. No way.

Krejci doesn't score a lot of goals, but he sets up an awful lot, and if he had linemates w/softer hands and greater skill, alot more would go in the net. You gain Richards and lose DK, you're neutral on the deal and stuck w/a very pricey guy who might walk next July. Not to mention the Tor. pick would be bye-bye.

If PC can get them to bite on the Tor. pick + Ryder (doubtful) or Boychuk + another prospect (Hammill--MAYBE Caron), then yeah....OK, get Richards.

But also don't forget we have no idea if he can play at his heathiest 100% for these playoffs...he gut rung pretty bad and what's the point of renting a  guy to put the B's into the SC Finals if we don't really know he's healthy enough to get them there?

Bad BAD idea to get this guy if any conversation w/Dallas contains the word "Krejci" in it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yes, the Bruins need another center with a concussion.

Booooooooo.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Richards has a concussion, and Krejci has played great in the playoffs...so no thanks

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=00c372e09d476393c3b46f48ac7aaa14&plckUserId=00c372e09d476393c3b46f48ac7aaa14">
    First: 12/30/2009
    Last: 2/25/2011
    Yes, the Bruins need another center with a concussion.

Booooooooo.

Glad to see that I am not the only one on this board that gets it--- this love in/infatuation with Richards @ the expense of Krejci and Toronto's 1st pick is just mind boggling.  I wouldn't trade Krejci straight up for Richards with the risk of losing both at the end of the year--- and Toronto's top pick? 

These so called Bruins fans on this board are so shortsighted.  I've said this before-- Stop undervaluing our players and overvaluing players not currently on the Bruins.  3 new players on this team from last week, and most want more???

By the way-- If they did a Krejci & Toronto's 1st for Richards and after two games playing with the Bruins, Richards gets knocked in the melon and has to visit Savards doctor and is out for the year then the Bruins give away Krejci and  Toronto's 1st for basically nothing.  Yeah sign me up for that---NOT!

All of you so called wannabe GM's need to get a clue. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Just read this on HTR.

Stars' asking price to Rangers for Richards is laughable

That Joe Nieuwendyk, GM of the Stars, who knew he had such a sense of humor?

The Post has learned Nieuwendyk told Rangers GM Glen Sather on Tuesday that it would cost the Blueshirts three young studs off the roster, believed to be Marc Staal, Brandon Dubinsky and Derek Stepan, for the privilege of renting Brad Richards.

Never mind that Richards, who has a no-move clause in his contract, has not yet been asked for a list of clubs for which he would be willing to waive it, according to agent Pat Morris in a phone conversation yesterday with The Post.

Never mind that Richards, the elite center the Blueshirts so desperately need and covet, is still suffering post-concussion symptoms from a Feb. 13 Sammy Pahlsson hit that will prevent him from returning before Monday's trade deadline, though reports are that the impending free agent is having good days.

Three studs -- three players who have essentially been quarantined by Sather -- that's the price at which Nieuwendyk started the conversation regarding a lease agreement.

Maybe the Dallas GM believes that Garden CEO Jim Dolan will intervene and invite Isiah Thomas into the conversation.

But seriously, folks: The Rangers, who have no further information to share on Marian Gaborik, their own concussed star, are extremely interested in acquiring Richards, but ideally not as a rental.

Before striking a deal, the Blueshirts, who face the Capitals tomorrow night, would want permission to speak to Morris about a contract extension for the 30-year-old center who won the 2004 Conn Smythe Trophy playing for John Tortorella's Stanley Cup-winning Lightning, and who has maintained an outstanding relationship with the coach.

It is unknown whether the Stars, whose clouded ownership situation has prevented them from even making Richards an offer on an extension and who may not be in position to do so before July 1, would grant that permission.

Richards could direct Dallas to deal only with the Rangers by informing Nieuwendyk, who said yesterday on NHL Live that he has talked to six clubs about Richards' availability. That admission he would not waive his no-move to go to any other team is believed to have annoyed the low-key center.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/rent_too_damn_high_nmuY6Hm9huOwvEZ4aZhD1N#ixzz1EtBVzJEG

Sections
Shortcuts