thefourthperiod.com: Boston ONE of 6 teams in mix on Richards...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: thefourthperiod.com: Boston ONE of 6 teams in mix on Richards...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=554100

Here's a link that says he's skating.

Beyond that, I think it's insane to deal Krejci for him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Clearly, Nieuwendyk has no intention of dealing him when you ask for that kind of package.

I get you ask high, but that shows you don't know what you are doing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

So they would want Krejci, Kampfer, and Lucic for Richards...lol, no thanks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

NO THANKS

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

i totally agree with you ..tryto....no way you trade krejci for richard...hell we dont even know if richard is healthy enough.....ryder horton  kelly boychuk i would but not krejci

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

I agree with "Not-A-Shot"  another guy with concussion problems no thanks. I'll take my chances with Krecji in the playoffs he has good chemistry with Lucic + Horton. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

So we could have 4 centers with concussion history - Savard, Bergeron, Richards, and Krejci?  Oh yeah, Krejci's concussions would go to Dallas.

No Thanks!

I'll go forward with Krejci, Bergeron, Kelly, and Campbell down the middle - with Seguin in the pivot if and only if necessary.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Price too high and too disruptive to team chemistry....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

I'm not necessarily into the rental thing either, but if you're going to avoid everyone with a 'concussion history' in this League, you're going to have to start suiting up the Trainer and the Ice Girls and the Mascot.
    And that's just the reported concussions...

How many guys are skating around now, playing through post-concussion symptoms and too afraid to say anything for fear of losing their spot?

It's a crueler game than we know...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In Response to Re: thefourthperiod.com: Boston ONE of 6 teams in mix on Richards...:
    [QUOTE]I would rather see a bigger, cheaper player come here from a nonplayoff team, a la Satan last year. Kovalev would have been a great rental. We've already kissed several of our future picks bye bye except for the Toronto one that may be only a top 10 now. To weaken the team in another area (Krejci or Ryder) to strengthen another (Richards) would be detrimental. Ryder is a proven playoff scorer, so his salad days are fast approaching. I would say Brian Boyle or Kris Kreider for Toronto's pick and maybe Maxim Sauve (but not Spooner or Knight) would give us either a huge 6'7" presence (Boyle) in front of the net for all those Kaberle/Chara wristers, or a speedy player with first round size (6'2" Kreider, who just might be the next Skinner and possibly could crack the B's now) . Most importantly, Boyle and Kreider are young so a high first round pick trade wouldn't be as huge a loss.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

Kovie???? You must be smoking some real good shyt.
    What a waste of oxygen. If you get upset with Ryder, then you burst a vein with Kovie.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: thefourthperiod.com: Boston ONE of 6 teams in mix on Richards...:
    [QUOTE]I'm not necessarily into the rental thing either, but if you're going to avoid everyone with a 'concussion history' in this League, you're going to have to start suiting up the Trainer and the Ice Girls and the Mascot. And that's just the reported concussions... How many guys are skating around now, playing through post-concussion symptoms and too afraid to say anything for fear of losing their spot? It's a crueler game than we know...
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't avoid a player because he has had a concussion. 

Richards has one right now.  Who knows how long until he returns to full strength?  We all watched as Bergeron took two years to get back to normal and we also watched as Savard struggled through this season.  Imagine paying a huge price to rent Savard for this season!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i wouldn't trade krejci for richards even if he didn't have a concussion. krejci for a rental? unless that rental is named crosby, there is no way i'd consider it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Just like I'm sure they will resign Kaberle, I'm positive they would not give away what it would take to get Richards if the were not extremely confident they would resign him as well

So lets please stop muddying the conversation with the term "rental player"