There is no D in Kaberle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

There is no D in Kaberle

Am I the only one who feels his "so far, not too effective" offensive upside is not worth defensive short comings? He is a defensive liability every time he touches the ice. I'll take Stuart over him any day and have an extra 2.5 mil to put somewhere else. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Re: There is no D in Kaberle

Amen

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to There is no D in Kaberle:
    [QUOTE]Am I the only one who feels his "so far, not too effective" offensive upside is not worth defensive short comings? He is a defensive liability every time he touches the ice. I'll take Stuart over him any day and have an extra 2.5 mil to put somewhere else. 
    Posted by MDsizzle[/QUOTE]

Plenty of things went wrong tonight.  Kaberle wasn't near the top of the problems.  Why didn't you post this after any of the other games?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

I'm not with you on that one. I've been watching him closely and his decision-making is excellent. His passes make it to the target.  He's in position and stays with his man.

When the rest of the team is playing mediocre hockey, you can't expect too much from him. He's also just arrived on the scene. The chemistry isn't just going to appear suddenly, after his long history with the Leafs.

No, I don't see any issues with Kaberle and I think he'll be great for the Bs. He's never been one to take shots on goal but that's something I've seen lots of Bruins change over the years. So I don't see any negatives with Kaberle at all.

IMHO

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

He's not physical (we knew that) but at least he is usually positionally sound.  Tonight he had a bad game, he's entitled.  One game shouldn't define his career.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigD7. Show BigD7's posts

In Response to Re: There is no D in Kaberle:
    [QUOTE]I'm not with you on that one. I've been watching him closely and his decision-making is excellent. His passes make it to the target.  He's in position and stays with his man. When the rest of the team is playing mediocre hockey, you can't expect too much from him. He's also just arrived on the scene. The chemistry isn't just going to appear suddenly, after his long history with the Leafs. No, I don't see any issues with Kaberle and I think he'll be great for the Bs. He's never been one to take shots on goal but that's something I've seen lots of Bruins change over the years. So I don't see any negatives with Kaberle at all. IMHO
    Posted by Bruins-Unite[/QUOTE]

I agree, the b's puck movement has been much better since Kab arrived, it hasn't necessarily produced in a lot of offence, but I'm still hopeful that it will. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to There is no D in Kaberle : Plenty of things went wrong tonight.  Kaberle wasn't near the top of the problems.  Why didn't you post this after any of the other games?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I'm not on this thing 24/7 man.

Why is my personal schedule a point of your concern?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: There is no D in Kaberle : I agree, the b's puck movement has been much better since Kab arrived, it hasn't necessarily produced in a lot of offence, but I'm still hopeful that it will. 
    Posted by BigD7[/QUOTE]

I'm sort of confused by the heat he has been taking. And I must be watching different games because it seems to me he's great on the PP. Have heard many comments to the contrary.

I think lots of fans were thinking he was going to come in and miraculously turn the PP around.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

(laughing)
    TK may have an offensive upside, however the defensive downside is more relevant. If PC wants to sign this guy, which overall he should, it cannot be anything impressive. I have not seen TK as the almighty yet. Playoffs are coming and this will be another test for him and his contract.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not with you on that one. I've been watching him closely and his decision-making is excellent. His passes make it to the target.  He's in position and stays with his man. When the rest of the team is playing mediocre hockey, you can't expect too much from him. He's also just arrived on the scene. The chemistry isn't just going to appear suddenly, after his long history with the Leafs. No, I don't see any issues with Kaberle and I think he'll be great for the Bs. He's never been one to take shots on goal but that's something I've seen lots of Bruins change over the years. So I don't see any negatives with Kaberle at all. IMHO

Hopefully you are right and the team will start to mesh with his style better, maybe one of the "stat nuts" (NAS) can pull up something on W's & L's or PPG W/ and W/o, but I have noticed lots of time where he is in left field on some goal or lacking in net front presence. We definately took a step back with him in the physical dept. Just not too sure he is worth it? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

He's done what the Bruins got him to do; exit the puck quickly and add some effectiveness to the PP although that end of it still needs work. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigD7. Show BigD7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: There is no D in Kaberle : I'm sort of confused by the heat he has been taking. And I must be watching different games because it seems to me he's great on the PP. Have heard many comments to the contrary. I think lots of fans were thinking he was going to come in and miraculously turn the PP around.

There is a ton of over-reaction on this board. A guy has has bad game and the posts begin: won't get past the second round, can't play defense, no killer instinct, should have traded TT when they had the chance... lol.

Maybe I have too much patience, but I see improvement, but not necessarily the results I had expected when they got Kabs, I was hoping for more from the PP. I still think there is a coaching/strategy issue, since everyone on this team has been on the PP at some point.

He's come as advertised, moves the puck well, not strong in his own end, not physical, but a great passer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: There is no D in Kaberle : There is a ton of over-reaction on this board. A guy has has bad game and the posts begin: won't get past the second round, can't play defense, no killer instinct, should have traded TT when they had the chance... lol. Maybe I have too much patience, but I see improvement, but not necessarily the results I had expected when they got Kabs, I was hoping for more from the PP. I still think there is a coaching/strategy issue, since everyone on this team has been on the PP at some point. He's come as advertised, moves the puck well, not strong in his own end, not physical, but a great passer.
    Posted by BigD7[/QUOTE]

Agreed, and there is def a coaching issue. On the critical end, I don't mind being hard on the team when they deserve it (it's called discussion), but I'll just be ignoring the over-reactions and trolling.

Something tells me he's got it in hin to be physical though. I'm hoping Z + the team's physical play in general (when it's there) will rub off on him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maver23. Show maver23's posts

i never wanted this guy when they first tried to get him a couple of years ago, when leaf fans arent sad about getting rid of a guy, you know your not getting someting great

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Kaberle will earn his keep in the playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]Kaberle will earn his keep in the playoffs.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

Well I hope so ...because since the trade we have'nt seen much of Kaberle ...he looks like a player ready to retire that doesnt want to get hurt and do the dirty work...he has'nt impressed me at all ....if he doesnt stand up in the playoffs I dont think the B's should sign him...PC should try to sign him at no more than $2MM a year and try to trade him during the summer...So far Kaberle's acquisition is a terrible mistake ...Mark Stuart is 10 times better

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: There is no D in Kaberle : I'm sort of confused by the heat he has been taking. And I must be watching different games because it seems to me he's great on the PP. Have heard many comments to the contrary. I think lots of fans were thinking he was going to come in and miraculously turn the PP around.

Are you kidding me Buins-Unite ???? I am 57 years old and I think I have a harder shot than Kaberle.....he has the playoffs to justify his salary I am willing to give him a second chance and see what he can do in the real games ahead

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I'll unite with you on this opinion.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: There is no D in Kaberle : Well I hope so ...because since the trade we have'nt seen much of Kaberle ...he looks like a player ready to retire that doesnt want to get hurt and do the dirty work...he has'nt impressed me at all ....if he doesnt stand up in the playoffs I dont think the B's should sign him...PC should try to sign him at no more than $2MM a year and try to trade him during the summer...So far Kaberle's acquisition is a terrible mistake ...Mark Stuart is 10 times better Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]
    This was certainly a good trade for the Leafs and I think will be a good gamble for the Bruins in the end.

Sorry, but Kaberle gets $4-5 million from some team, if not the Bruins.

I do think losing Mark Stuart was a bad move for the Bruins, I don't like the defence back there outside of the Chara.  That may come back to haunt them.  Stuart would be a warrior in the playoffs.  I think that move was a salary dump unfortunatley.  And we all know Wheeler is going to bag 40 goals next year....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: There is no D in Kaberle : This was certainly a good trade for the Leafs and I think will be a good gamble for the Bruins in the end. Sorry, but Kaberle gets $4-5 million from some team, if not the Bruins. I do think losing Mark Stuart was a bad move for the Bruins, I don't like the defence back there outside of the Chara.  That may come back to haunt them.  Stuart would be a warrior in the playoffs.  I think that move was a salary dump unfortunatley.  And we all know Wheeler is going to bag 40 goals next year....
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]
    C'mon LRH,stop humouring him.He agreed yesterday to give up on his Wheeler love......

Sections
Shortcuts