There's got to be a Habs/Leafs joke in this story somewhere

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

There's got to be a Habs/Leafs joke in this story somewhere

I just can't think of one, not enough coffee yet. Only in Canada though...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/police-probing-quebec-maple-syrup-heist-worth-up-to-30-million/article4510740/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Re: There's got to be a Habs/Leafs joke in this story somewhere

Something involving Phil Kessel and Waffles.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

10 million pounds of maple syrup stolen?

Isn't it really hard to stuff that under your Maple Leafs jersery and not be noticed?

It's probably just a coincidence, but a guy in a Habs jersey asked me if I wanted to buy 10 million pounds of maple syrup just yesterday, I checked my kitchen cabinet and warehouse and realized I was already fixed pretty good maple syrup wise.

10 million pounds?  Seriously? I did a little research on the interwebs and then did some basic division and I can tell you it would take round about 280 tractor trailer loads to cart off 10,000 pounds of maple syrup.  Just how the hell does that happen with no one noticing?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Brian Burke did it... he needs it to cover all the waffles that will be thrown at his team this year.

And BadHab, I have no clue how anyone could pull this off. By weight, that's the same amount of pounds as what's held in Fort Knox in gold - 5,000 tons. What, did they hook it up to a pipeline or something?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Nah they had one really big guy just pick up the pallette and walk out. NBD. He probably only used one hand too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Be prepared for a bunch of maple syrup infused products from Tim Hortons.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckNakie. Show BuckNakie's posts

It got to be an accounting error. How do you steal 5,000 tons of syrup.  Maybe that is actually what the Valdez was carrying and they are just noticing now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Correction: Yesterday's Globe and Mail reported a Quebec maple syrup heist worth up to $30M.  The story was a misunderstanding related to Brian Burke acquiring Scott Gomez, Rene Bourque, and the $30M remaining on their contracts from the Montreal Canadiens, along with a first round draft pick.  Burke was overheard to say: "We're going to take $30M worth of saps out of Quebec and make sweet maple syrup."  The Globe and Mail regrets the error.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Birkenstock-Granola nation is celebrating, tons of syrup found found in Vermont. Deny any involvement!"

Umm Badhab...what is "interwebs" ? Have you taken up Crochet and that is a term you use now ? lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

This seems to be a sticky situation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Anyone have a maple syrup update?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

More surprising thefts up in Canada.

http://www.globaltvedmonton.com/list/6442706776/story.html

And I've yet to find a maple syrup update

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Brian Burke did it... he needs it to cover all the waffles that will be thrown at his team this year.

And BadHab, I have no clue how anyone could pull this off. By weight, that's the same amount of pounds as what's held in Fort Knox in gold - 5,000 tons. What, did they hook it up to a pipeline or something?

Don't you mean "used to be in Fort Knox"?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

This theft still has me wondering.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

No link yet, but CBC radio about an hour ago said they may have used a temporary pipeline to pour it straight into a ship.

I eat maple syrup a lot - that's a slow moving pipeline. (actually not, the same report said they may have, based on a generator found on the scene and other evidence, used a pressure blower to put it on a vessel.)

Sections
Shortcuts