They must be drunk in Pittsburgh!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

They must be drunk in Pittsburgh!

Bob McKenzie 
    Alexei Kovalev celebrates his 38th birthday in style, by waiving his NTC to become a Pittsburgh Penguin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: They must be drunk in Pittsburgh!

In Response to They must be drunk in Pittsburgh!:
    [QUOTE]TSNBobMcKenzie   Bob McKenzie   Alexei Kovalev celebrates his 38th birthday in style, by waiving his NTC to become a Pittsburgh Penguin.
    Posted by FinnsWake[/QUOTE]
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=355204 Sorry Finnswake didn't see this. I just posted it as well. For a 7th rd pick!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Damn it why can't PC get guys like Kovalev pisses me off Tongue out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to They must be drunk in Pittsburgh!:
    [QUOTE]TSNBobMcKenzie   Bob McKenzie   Alexei Kovalev celebrates his 38th birthday in style, by waiving his NTC to become a Pittsburgh Penguin.
    Posted by FinnsWake[/QUOTE]
    He played some of his best hockey in Pitt.With an expiring contract,it would seem it's not a huge gamble to have Kovalev come in to replace the loss of Malkin.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I wonder if Kovalev will feel like playing or not. 
    That's always the question with him.

Glad the Bruins didn't get him.
    I don't like wondering what the wildcard in the deck will turn out to be every night.

Good move by the Sens to shed the last remaining talent they have and make a run for the #1 overall pick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I hope someone takes him out. Can't stand his brand of hockey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: They must be drunk in Pittsburgh!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to They must be drunk in Pittsburgh! : He played some of his best hockey in Pitt.With an expiring contract,it would seem it's not a huge gamble to have Kovalev come in to replace the loss of Malkin.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Be serious, he's just a feeble shadow of Malkin.

Plus, if he doesn't feel like playing he can singlehandedly sink the morale of a team.

It sure ain't the same young Kovalev that played for them a million years ago.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Actually, Kovalev will likely do well there an has been pretty good since January. For the Pens he is a low risk-high reward pickup for a team that needs scoring....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I hope someone takes him out. Can't stand his brand of hockey.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

But there's a fair chance he'll take himself out.

Remember when he got "slashed" in the playoffs back a million years ago against the Bruins and makes this big show of it trying to draw a penalty, but the problem was that he was the last guy back and he gave up a breakaway for a goal?

Yah, the rest of that series didn't go well for the Jumbo Joe Bruins of that year, but Kovalev sure as shinola didn't help to put the Bruins playoffs away early that game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder if Kovalev will feel like playing or not.  That's always the question with him. 

Exactly, his best days are long behind him and he's a tempermental floater.

Even the Habs fans didn't want him back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Done deal:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=355204

Sens get a "conditional" 7th round pick..aka nothing.

This does nt help the team in any way. Sad salary dump by an owner trying to keep a few extra bucks for himself...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

2004 playoffs. Travis Green, I think it was who poke checked him as he tried to act like he was slashed, in Montreal in Game 4, I think.

Murray picked it up in OT and won it on that breakaway. 

Sort of had that Game 5 Anson Carter breakway feel to it against Carolina in 1999.

I thought for sure the series was over. But, we were duped again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

My opinion is that this move also makes Pittsburg a wildcard.

For whatever reason and obviously its just my opinion, but when Kovie decides he isn't going to be skating that night its contagious.  Its like he's the anchor that brings the whole ship to a stop.

Or maybe he might feel up to playing and they'll do OK.

And every night I'm wondering which guy will show up if I'm a Pens fan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bad,

Its only contagious when you have a team that isnt well lead.  Messier didnt let his team fall into that.  Crosby won't either.  I think your statement has legs if it were to a team like Washington.
    Is it a wildcard?
    Yes.  But Pitts PP will be absolutely outstanding.  He has a lot more upside than the other way.  His skill in that lineup spells headaches. 
    Crosby and Staal are the 2 centers everything will run through.  Crosby tends to play in the other end more and Staal is one of the best 2 way players in hockey.  Its a very safe move that likely didnt cost them anything.  They lost Malkin and added Neal, Kovalev.  Its a drop off.  But its not bad options.  It also likely means Sid is getting healthy. 
    I think its a very good move for them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

then Ottawa just took Pitts to the cleaners.
    What a waste of oxygen.
    I watched an Ottawa game last week, and Kovie had 3 or 4 chances at the end of the game to finish it off, and didn't . His wrist shot was pathetic. He had no drive.

I'm guessing that Pitts thinks if they can get him close to the net, and others can feed him, he'll score a few. Maybe. But I wouldn't have him on my team if you paid me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Watch out.  We may have to face this lazy bum in the playoffs.  I'm scared he'll wake up from his hibernation in April.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

They had to do something with Crosby & Malkin likely out for the season.Soundling more and more likely Crosby done this year has made no progress, he can't even pass the first baseline testing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: They must be drunk in Pittsburgh! : But there's a fair chance he'll take himself out. Remember when he got "slashed" in the playoffs back a million years ago against the Bruins and makes this big show of it trying to draw a penalty, but the problem was that he was the last guy back and he gave up a breakaway for a goal? Yah, the rest of that series didn't go well for the Jumbo Joe Bruins of that year, but Kovalev sure as shinola didn't help to put the Bruins playoffs away early that game.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    That slashing play is now the first thing that comes to mind when I hear his name.  Big deal.  Who would we sit for him to play.  Could care less about this guy.  Pitt just got softer is all.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I would love to get a shot at Pitt in the playoffs, Cooke and all, and blast them into next week.

Cannot stand Pitt.

Their fans are lame, too.  They see body contact and think they are watching the NFL.

And yes, this goes back to the Ulfie days and the subtly annoying Mario Lemieux and his whiny self.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If Crosby is done for the year this deal makes zero sense.  If Crosby comes back they are legit.  Why? Staal fills in the 2nd line center role.  They still have a world class goalie and their defense is better than last yrs.  Adding Kovalev and Neal to that roster helps. They have 2 lines of foot soldiers who know how to win as well.
    I wouldnt wanna face them. 
    But again, it all depends on Crosby. if he is healthy he could play with Neal and Kovalev.  Staal with Kunitz/Cooke.
    I wouldnt be shocked to see them add a few more pieces as well. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Debatable on the goalie.  Good goalie who happens to play on a well constructed team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: They must be drunk in Pittsburgh! : Be serious, he's just a feeble shadow of Malkin. Plus, if he doesn't feel like playing he can singlehandedly sink the morale of a team. It sure ain't the same young Kovalev that played for them a million years ago.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    I welcome your suggestions for a better,more affordable,Malkin replacement.I also didn't realize I said(or even implied)that he was as good as Malkin

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Watch him more.  He has played outstanding.  And he has a cup ring and knows how to win.  Which means a lot.  constructed team or not he is top 5 in the league.  and lets put it this way. I would rather roll the dice with him than anyone in the league at the moment.  Sure he has his moments but TT wasnt even our starter last year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dez,

People think that he has to be the man.  No he doesnt.  he has to add some offense and they basically got him for nothing.  Have people watched who has flanked Crosby in the last few yrs.  Pascal Dupi?  Kovalev has more moves in his sleep than Pascal has.  Puck possession.  No one can take the puck off him.  Its almost like he is toying with the other team.  His skill is still there.  He never had a heart.  Put him with Crosby and thats still a lethal combo.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Again, I am not taking his ring away from him, but I can name 5 goalies who are better than he is.

He's a top 10 goalie.  That's fair. 

Lots of goalies have rings. Credit to him, but I feel he's overrated. If Luongo earns a ring, I'll feel the same way.

Sections
Shortcuts