They Need To Change The Dlay Of Game Rule!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

They Need To Change The Dlay Of Game Rule!

Accidently hitting  puck in the air over the glass is not delay of game.

All the fans I talk with agree the rule should be changed.

The original rule change was to stop delay of game as usual they go too far.

That cost the Bruins the game. Habs luckiest team ever!

Then I go to bed thinking we had Iginla

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Re: They Need To Change The Dlay Of Game Rule!

In response to Canadianfan6's comment:

Yep , the rule should be altered in a way , to let the on ice officials decide whether the play was Intentional or not .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

He wasn't really even swinging at the puck and it didn't hit the blade of his stick. It hit the shaft so clearly he meant to swat it over the boards...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

i agree it's stupid, Johnson tries to knock down a dump in and it hits the shaft of his stick, dumb rule, also a dumb play by chara to deflect that shot 3 feet from the net, let it go and let the goalie make the save.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

xdrive, I think Chara was obviously trying to deflect it to the corner. If he lets it go maybe it hits Gallagher and then goes in. You never know, I'm all for stopping the puck before it gets to the goalie, not because of a lack of faith in the goalie, but because the further from your net you keep the puck the happier I am.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Anything is possible but it drives me nuts in my league when it happens let alone in the NHL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

Anything is possible but it drives me nuts in my league when it happens let alone in the NHL

Assuming you're not a pro (safe assumption), that's a pretty hardcore league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No the NHL should not change a thing this confuse RidingwithTheKing even more.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

As much as I normally like making judgment easier for NHL officials by having clear-cut black & white rules, this one has never made sense to me. A zero-tolerance policy for a play like the one happened last night simply was unfair on Boston--there was clearly no intent on the play to delay the game. It was just a tough break. Wasn't a bad call, but it was a gift PP for the Habs, and it likely changed the outcome of the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

No the NHL should not change a thing this confuse RidingwithTheKing even more.

Classic

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

I don't think I've ever seen a deflection intiated by the attacking player called "delay of game".

The puck rolled up the shaft of the stick and ran up over the glass. Horrible call. Classic case of horrendous officiating and the inability to not knowing how to interpret the rule.

Brutal call.

They don't need to change the rule, they just need refs who aren't morons.

that's because if the player was an attacking player, it would be in the offensive zone, where there is no rule for delay of game. so please, go back to the pats forums. OR watch the game for a year. watch a full NHL season, and THEN start to post. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Tough call either way when you see slo-mo replay. The rule was designed to take away "the judgement call" for the refs.

Have no fear -- The rule will someday change -- The first time a ref forgets to turn his back and has the nads to make a call against the Habs and they lose a game like the B's did last night -- that rule is toast.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I don't think I've ever seen a deflection intiated by the attacking player called "delay of game".

The puck rolled up the shaft of the stick and ran up over the glass. Horrible call. Classic case of horrendous officiating and the inability to not knowing how to interpret the rule.

Brutal call.

They don't need to change the rule, they just need refs who aren't morons.

that's because if the player was an attacking player, it would be in the offensive zone, where there is no rule for delay of game. so please, go back to the pats forums. OR watch the game for a year. watch a full NHL season, and THEN start to post. 

Umm, he didn't have possesion of the puck.  Gionta made contact with it and it rode up on Johnson's stick and out of play.

I have to chuckle at kiddies telling me to watch a full season. Priceless. Was at Bourque's career 1000th point game and Neely's 50 goals in 42 games, amongst many others.

Seen them in many arenas outside Boston, playoff games, etc. Went to easily over 100 games as a kid and through high school at the Garden, not the new joint.

Have had Center Ice on satellite for YEARS. I watch as many games as humanly possible.

The rule was intended to stop defenders from using a clearing pass into thre crowd as a way to clear the puck, not pucks knocked forward by an attacker, up the shaft of a defender's stick as a deflection. Johnson never had possession of the puck.

Learn the game.

Defending poor officiating like that is pathetic.

it's the rule. If you've watched hockey as much as you claim you would have seen it 10 times. I remember Thomas getting one for trying to wack a puck to the boards and putting it over the glass. If you watch so much hockey, and still have this outlook, you should stop. You aren't going to understand the game at this point.