They won but...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: They won but...

Yeah, Crowls, I sort of agree.  It just gets so frustrating when you wait all day for a great game, then you get a great game, and all some people can do is find reasons to be unhappy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Lots of people just take every victory with a full bottle of salt on here, NAS. I agree that it's annoying, but as long as they're not saying "If they don't pick up their play in the third period, Toronto is going to take this one in six. I've had it with this team", then it's fine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

op..how's the weather in your highchair?  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

They won but.... I have to wait a full day and a half for the next one!!!!

That is my complaint. They have too many days off In Between Games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Nothing more juvenile, or immature, or negative, than starting this thread.  I've read very little on this site that would come across as any more "pathetic", than a post game presser, from any coach, player or the GM of this team.

Sure there's the odd simpleton who feels the sky is falling, but for anyone to feel the need to start a thread like this....they've obviously hopelessly misread public perception again.

If anyone pointing out the negatives in a Bruins win is that difficult for you to endure NAS, there are other forums, other sports, and other topics that might be easier on that fragile psyche of yours.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Davinator's comment:

Question: Does complaining about the complainers make you one of the people you're complaining about?

Nope.  I'm not nit-picking the team and constantly searching for errors.  If people want to start threads to complain about the weather, commercials, service at Sonic, or whatever else, I don't care. 

It's just straight pathetic to have a 5-2 victory in a playoff game and find things to cry about.

Hehehe. Just pushing your buttons NAS.

I agree 110%.

Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

They won but.... I have to wait a full day and a half for the next one!!!!

That is my complaint. They have too many days off In Between Games.

Ironic, isn't it?

After the compressed schedule the last two months and everyone begging for the team to get some time off to 'work on things', now we are wanting back-to-backs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

Nothing more juvenile, or immature, or negative, than starting this thread.  I've read very little on this site that would come across as any more "pathetic", than a post game presser, from any coach, player or the GM of this team.

Sure there's the odd simpleton who feels the sky is falling, but for anyone to feel the need to start a thread like this....they've obviously hopelessly misread public perception again.

If anyone pointing out the negatives in a Bruins win is that difficult for you to endure NAS, there are other forums, other sports, and other topics that might be easier on that fragile psyche of yours.  

Steve, have you ever started a quality thread? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I like your debates with NAS , I think you're misunderstanding this thread. I'll say the same I told Crowls (although he might have other reason I'm unaware) ;  I don't find it bad starting a thread like this, it kind of counters those "chicken little" "sky falling" " Bruins disgust me threads" by you know who 
    .  With this being said I agree with you when they are not playing well there is room for criticism, even if it won't change anything,  we're going to discuss it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I like your debates with NAS , I think you're misunderstanding this thread. I'll say the same I told Crowls (although he might have other reason I'm unaware) ;  I don't find it bad starting a thread like this, it kind of counters those "chicken little" "sky falling" " Bruins disgust me threads" by you know who 
    .  With this being said I agree with you when they are not playing well there is room for criticism, even if it won't change anything,  we're going to discuss it.

but there are no chicken little,... sky is falling,  threads to counter B's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Rask has been panned a bit on this site recently but last night he was fabulous. He faced 47 shots and turned aside 18 in the final period when the Bruins were outshot 18-6. Maybe this was a coming-of-age game for him-----playoff hockey, on the road with an insane crowd expecting a replay of Game 2-----the guy just came up hugh!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Steve, I don't think what NAS is saying is wrong...Can't you read my avatar? lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I like this thread. People always complain, another thread was actually started to complain about HOW they won. Too many shots etc..Well, thats why you have a top flight goaltender.

They won. When the Bruins win it makes it all that more enjoyable.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

OOPS...sorry I thought I was on a Bruins hockey forum. Damn BDC has got to fix these gremlins, apparently got sent to the Bruins bestest fan page by mistake. Either that or the look everybody I'm really a good guy please accept me forum.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Here is a small dose of reality for anyone bashing the Bruins for the win last . All you really have to do, is watch the other games going on. There is not one other game that I have watched in this years playoffs, where one team has compley dominated the other, for a full 60 minutes. There are ebbs and flows in every game, case in point , the Blues / kings game last night . The Blues came out of the gate last night, and scored two quick ones, and looked unstopable ,only to have the King's chip away and and come out width the win. My point being, I think we are sometimes a little too critical of our team , we would like them to play flawless hockey, every shift, and every game , for that matter, but the reality is, NO team does this, every team will get outplayed, and look bad at certain times of a game. Bruin's won last night , I'm happy witth that , a Win, is a win . Lets go Bruins !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to trouts' comment:

---the guy just came up hugh!

hahaha. Best post ever.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Steve, I don't think what NAS is saying is wrong...Can't you read my avatar? lol

nite, the bet just means you have to wear that avatar - not that you have to act it out, too!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, sorry, but this whole whinging about people being told not whinge thing is making me laugh.  It's another version of "it's my opinion so how dare you have a different opinion!  You're an idiot and a crybaby because you don't like what I posted!" says the guy who doesn't like what someone posted.

I didn't see any of the "gutless puzzies" threads after last night's game, but I saw a heck of a lot of people whose only contribution to the conversation was "Chara better find his game, he was awful again...Lucic is a turnover machine...Thornton has the worst hands ever...Kelly is Claude's binky - why else is he out there?"

That's not an analysis of the game.  That's "Look how much smarter I am...".  I have no issue with people talking about both the things the Bruins need to continue to improve and the things that made them winners, but when the group of Sally Sadsacks get rolling you'd think the team had lost 5-2, not won.  And the point is that yeah, that's also an attempt to "control the conversation" by making it all about the things that someone - who grossly misunderstands that the goal is to win 4 of 7 and not to be perfect- thinks need to change.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Yeah, sorry, but this whole whinging about people being told not whinge thing is making me laugh.  It's another version of "it's my opinion so how dare you have a different opinion!  You're an idiot and a crybaby because you don't like what I posted!" says the guy who doesn't like what someone posted.

I didn't see any of the "gutless puzzies" threads after last night's game, but I saw a heck of a lot of people whose only contribution to the conversation was "Chara better find his game, he was awful again...Lucic is a turnover machine...Thornton has the worst hands ever...Kelly is Claude's binky - why else is he out there?"

That's not an analysis of the game.  That's "Look how much smarter I am...".  I have no issue with people talking about both the things the Bruins need to continue to improve and the things that made them winners, but when the group of Sally Sadsacks get rolling you'd think the team had lost 5-2, not won.  And the point is that yeah, that's also an attempt to "control the conversation" by making it all about the things that someone - who grossly misunderstands that the goal is to win 4 of 7 and not to be perfect- thinks need to change.

Let me get this right, it is not analysis because you disagree or do not approve?  Agree that posters can probably be reactionary and not always provide a very thorough analysis, but they have a right to their opinion, right?  Unless something changed, we also have the right to disagree, no? 

Pretty pompous position to take, but no big surprise.  Find it funny that you mention the "look how much smarter I am" quote as an example, that is a staple of where you have been lately, pretty patronizing stuff.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

NOTHING!  They won.

Anyone who wants to pick apart the game and find things to cry about, the follow two words are for you:

SHUT UP!

NAS has spoken! Thanks, but I'll say what I please...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

The important point in all this is considering the source of the criticism.  That clown mitch, or soxfan posting the same thread 5 times during a week, or anything by stanley, gets old pretty fast.  Most of us know which posts to visit, and have the dopes on ignore.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Great game by the Bruins.  My only complaint is I want them to go for the jugular.  No more games like game 2 where they were out-hustled and out-worked.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Let me get this right, it is not analysis because you disagree or do not approve?  Agree that posters can probably be reactionary and not always provide a very thorough analysis, but they have a right to their opinion, right?  Unless something changed, we also have the right to disagree, no? 

Yes, absolutely, have your opinion.   And I'll even cut some slack for the "reactionary" response when they lose and look bad doing it.  But when they win 5-2 and all people want to say is ridiculous stuff about Chara, how useless they think Lucic is, that Jagr's fat and old...that isn't reactionary because the game gave you nothing to react to.  That's coming from cognitive dissonance: Poster X has decided that their story on this board is that Chara is over-rated, Lucic is overpaid, and Julien doesn't know what he's doing, and they are going to come back with that win or lose every game.  Is that an analysis? A reaction to the actual game?  Nope.  It is an opinion, and I'll repeat again that any opinion on a public forum is open to public debate and criticism.  NAS gave an opinion - that it's being a sadsack to complain about the Bruins not being perfect in the hours immediately after they win a game 5-2.  What I find ironic is people telling him he has no right to post that opinion and calling it "trying to control to board".

Pretty pompous position to take, but no big surprise.  Find it funny that you mention the "look how much smarter I am" quote as an example, that is a staple of where you have been lately, pretty patronizing stuff.

Sorry you think so.  I wouldn't have thought you'd have been one to take offense to it.  And at the risk of being told how pompous I am - when I post on this board I do try to think through whatever I'm going to post.  The point is not to show how smart I am, it's to make a decent contribution to the conversation because, when we're actually talking hockey and not NAS or how patronizing I am, the hockey conversations can be pretty good.  When they get stuck in a rut with people cutting and pasting the same thing over and over again without looking at how things are changing/evolving - then it's not a conversation and yeah, I'll call that out.  If that's patronizing then, yes, I'm patronizing. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh, and "it's not analysis" has nothing to do with whether or not I agree - I don't think it's actually analysis if someone continually harps on something that either proved inconsequential in a win or that is hard to back up with either observations of the game or evidence of any kind.  That's what I don't like - but that's just my opinion.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Oh, and "it's not analysis" has nothing to do with whether or not I agree - I don't think it's actually analysis if someone continually harps on something that either proved inconsequential in a win or that is hard to back up with either observations of the game or evidence of any kind.  That's what I don't like - but that's just my opinion.

There is some fiction in there, neither the time, nor the energy to go line by line. 

I will just say this,  I see a fundamental difference individuals posting a critical opinion about the team compared to calling out all posters for being cry-babies and telling them to shut-up if they wish to surface some concerns.  I think that approach serves as a bit of a pre-emptive strike against good discussion that may involve opportunities/concerns that folks may see. 

Chara sucks is not analysis, it is opinion.  Lumping that comment in with concerns over the number of shots allowed or that Chara looked a little tired is unfortunate.  It doesn't move the discussion forward.  Sounds like you are fine with it.  I'll exercise my right to my individual opinion and disagree.