They won but...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: They won but...

Bruins getting outhit.

Very concerning.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

When a pest knows he's getting to you... does he usually stop?

I see more worthless drivel coming because of this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Lucic with three assists.

Gotta stay out of the box.  Stupid penalties.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

didn't take long to prove me right...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Seguin can't score.  Very disappointing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Chara sucks is not analysis, it is opinion.  Lumping that comment in with concerns over the number of shots allowed or that Chara looked a little tired is unfortunate.  It doesn't move the discussion forward.  Sounds like you are fine with it.  I'll exercise my right to my individual opinion and disagree. 

And I took NAS's post to be directed at the Chara Sucks school of posts, not a reasoned analysis - to use NAS's examples, the difference is between "Seguin can't score" and "Seguin didn't score but he generated a number of good chances."  One is an absolute statement, the other is an analystical observation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE Your posts on this matter make u look like a very confused fan. Just how long have u been following hockey???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to pauly1's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE Your posts on this matter make u look like a very confused fan. Just how long have u been following hockey???

Pauly.  it's called sarcasm.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

but there are no chicken little,... sky is falling,  threads to counter B's.

where have you been that you didn't see all those threads ?  or posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to pauly1's comment:

[QUOTE]

I just don't know why you bother.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

There are no rules which ban posters from stating their opinions here. Just as there are no rules which say that its my way or the highway for the veteren members of the board. Frankly, the at times hostile tone on this board over the last couple of months have been outrageous. Time to chillax everyone and have a group hug. With the exception of the usual obvious trolls of course  (Colon Campbell etc).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Chara sucks is not analysis, it is opinion.  Lumping that comment in with concerns over the number of shots allowed or that Chara looked a little tired is unfortunate.  It doesn't move the discussion forward.  Sounds like you are fine with it.  I'll exercise my right to my individual opinion and disagree. 

And I took NAS's post to be directed at the Chara Sucks school of posts, not a reasoned analysis - to use NAS's examples, the difference is between "Seguin can't score" and "Seguin didn't score but he generated a number of good chances."  One is an absolute statement, the other is an analystical observation.

Either way, is what it is. 

Wishing you, NAS and the rest of your lackeys the best of luck at Ice Girl tryouts next season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Yeah, sorry, but this whole whinging about people being told not whinge thing is making me laugh.  It's another version of "it's my opinion so how dare you have a different opinion!  You're an idiot and a crybaby because you don't like what I posted!" says the guy who doesn't like what someone posted.

I didn't see any of the "gutless puzzies" threads after last night's game, but I saw a heck of a lot of people whose only contribution to the conversation was "Chara better find his game, he was awful again...Lucic is a turnover machine...Thornton has the worst hands ever...Kelly is Claude's binky - why else is he out there?"

That's not an analysis of the game.  That's "Look how much smarter I am...".  I have no issue with people talking about both the things the Bruins need to continue to improve and the things that made them winners, but when the group of Sally Sadsacks get rolling you'd think the team had lost 5-2, not won.  And the point is that yeah, that's also an attempt to "control the conversation" by making it all about the things that someone - who grossly misunderstands that the goal is to win 4 of 7 and not to be perfect- thinks need to change.

Whinging...I always liked that descriptor, but was too unsure of the spelling to use it.  Anyway, to me it's all about "backup".  I don't have too much respect for either extreme, but do respect those that open themselves up enough to explain the logic to their opinions, and are willing to change them.  That's what discussions are supposed to do.  If you aren't able or willing to defend your idea's, you probably shouldn't spend much time in a place like this.  The examples you bring up here are routinely generic, and that's whats wrong with them.  Not that they're so positive or negative....they're just verbal diahirria(the sh!ts).  The OP is more of the same. 

Unbridled, reckless optimism, is just as useless and dumb as cloudy, defeatist negativity.  Both are poison.

Telling someone how to think isn't necessarily wrong either.  Lots of examples of folks clinging to flawed logic.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

There really are none of those Bslegion, and that is the stupidity of this overstated thread.  Sure there were a few during the latter part of the regular season, but now...?  A post or 2 complaining about the acceptability of 50 shots a game, another 1 or 2 opining Chara hasn't found his game yet....hardly a groundswell of negativity, instead, petty childishness by the OP.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

SHUT UP!

Coach said we are only allowed to be positive and cheer or we won't get our participation medals.

The legend of Johnny Positive continues...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

There really are none of those Bslegion, and that is the stupidity of this overstated thread.  Sure there were a few during the latter part of the regular season, but now...?  A post or 2 complaining about the acceptability of 50 shots a game, another 1 or 2 opining Chara hasn't found his game yet....hardly a groundswell of negativity, instead, petty childishness by the OP.  

It was pointed at posts and threads like this one, Retardo:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/kitty-bar-the-door/100/6632117?page=1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Either way, is what it is. 

Wishing you, NAS and the rest of your lackeys the best of luck at Ice Girl tryouts next season.

That's analysis at it's finest right there.

You're just mad because I have the legs for it and you...well, I think the term is "butterface."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

After a win any fan looks at the ways to find a better way to win.  It is natural.  The third period "prevent defense" was difficult to watch.  Giving up the neutral zone was tough.  Yet CJ looked well in those moves, the team did not take unnecessary chances on defense to allow Toronto back into the game.  Watching the other games last night I saw a myriad of negatives from all the teams.  Pittsburgh defense with Fluery as the point of criticism for instance.  So, Crowls is spot on with his remarks.  Criticize as a fan or even hockey savvy fan.  I enjoy the constructive criticism.  

Side note:  Montreal lost so all is good in the world.  Two of the Norris candidate finalist lost last night. Time to make another trophy for the best defensive defenseman!  Harvey Trophy?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Isla, I took NAS's OP to be another instance of the all-time best bit of trash talk.  Say a Leaf fan comes up to you after game three and says "we outhit you, we outplayed you in the third, our  powerplay is killing your PK, your goalie looked stupid trying to make a save while sitting on his keister and facing the twine, Kessel has goals in the last two games, and to top it all off, we drank way more water than you did!"

What's the comeback for which there is no good answer? 

"Scoreboard."  Smile.  Walk away.  The only available and answer is "oh yeah, well wait for next...[game, series, season, decade, generation - I mean, this is the Leafs, right?]".  Fail.

So NAS's post is a bit of trash talk at the people who criticize the manner in which the Bruins win without acknowledging that a) it was a win and b) in the playoffs, what happens in one game has no bearing on what happens in the next.  Wasn't that the lesson of 2011?  They lost two at home to the Scabs and couldn't complete a pass.  They went down against the Scabs in game four and, against all of the infographics, roared back to win the game and the series - first time ever they came back from two losses in the first two games at home.  I really don't get why people are jumping out of their skins, especially Crowls - if Crowls posts criticism, I usually read it because he backs it up and he isn't some Sally Sadsack who can't get of his dime.  I don't think the OP is directed at him, or Hanrahan or any of a number of others. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

It was pointed at posts and threads like this one, Retardo:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/kitty-bar-the-door/100/6632117?page=1

Then you should have pointed that out.  Now that you've been stupid enough to do that, let me explain how you just walked out in front of a truck, ...again.

As much as mitchco has been maligned around here, he exhibits much more awareness and maturity than you ever do, by prefacing his opening statement with "great we won".  In case that goes over your head, he "is" starting with a positive.

Overall, he brings up about 4 things.  1.  questions the defensive mentality when protecting a lead, 2. the fact that allowing 50 shots needs improvement, and 3. no odd man rushes as a result of the opposing teams pressure.  4. He felt Chara and Seidenberg didn't play well.

This is hardly other world negativity.  Posters may agree, or not, but nothing there to get  anyones panties all in a knot.  Except maybe an overly emotional adolescent like you.

You posted 5 times on this thread.  More than anyone, yet none of your responses addressed anything...or said anything productive.  Just whinging, whining, and stirring the pot.  A couple other posters argued mitchco's logic, by introducing their own, but not you.  Instead, your contribution was the usual spoiled brat pre-teen smack.

This thread you speak of, is pretty small, and that's despite your best efforts to keep drawing it out.  There are only a couple like minded responses to mitchco's comments. 

30 posts in all, and only 2 posters can be considered agreeing with the OP.  Yup, that's real deserving a follow up thread.

Grow the f#^k up. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

This just in ... there are pros and cons when evaluating a teams performance.

Seriously, it's about getting The Stanley Cup back in Boston. If there are areas of concern,  like giving up on aggression in the offensive zone in the 3rd period, Horton and Seguin peel offs and fly bys, etc. , then it's relevant for discussion up until the 4th win in the Cup finals. The "shut up" nonsense is just lame approval seeking in a virtual enviornment.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

This just in ... there are pros and cons when evaluating a teams performance.

Seriously, it's about getting The Stanley Cup back in Boston. If there are areas of concern,  like giving up on aggression in the offensive zone in the 3rd period, Horton and Seguin peel offs and fly bys, etc. , then it's relevant for discussion up until the 4th win in the Cup finals. The "shut up" nonsense is just lame approval seeking in a virtual enviornment.

You got me, JWensink.  I'm an approval seeker.  100% exposed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Can we just all have fun ?  This is what I thought this thread was about.  This kind of stuff happens in my lockeroom all the time , it's just to poke fun . Some of these posts ,  that are not serious ,  make me laugh and I enjoy that.  BookBoy .... well he blows my mind sometimes and I have to read his posts 3-4 times.

I don't agree with the OP on many points and I'm sure he doesn't with me . He even called me a dago and I'm past that .  Why ?  because of all things we cannot take personal is posting on a freakin hockey board !!!

p.s. and yes A-SHOT has gone soft

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Unbridled, reckless optimism, is just as useless and dumb as cloudy, defeatist negativity.  Both are poison.

Telling someone how to think isn't necessarily wrong either.  Lots of examples of folks clinging to flawed logic.  

In my opinion, there is one poster that pushes both ends of this spectrum on a period-by-period basis...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

In my opinion, there is one poster that pushes bothends of this spectrum on a period-by-period basis...

I'm making efforts to change though Dave. 

Sections
Shortcuts