Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again......

This weekend I was in Winchester to get my picture taken with the Cup. Harry Sinden was there with it. One bo-bo was in line in front of me and started singing Harry's praises and said to his friends, " I want to ask Harry why Jacobs is so cheap." "Harry had no control because of Jacobs." This guy then started to lament the loss of Joe Thornton and trashed Marco Sturm.

Seriously guy? You're in line to get your picture taken with the Stanley Cup and you're STILL b1tch1n'? I shouldn't be surprised, but I am a bit. My friend and I made sure to have a conversation about what he said rather loudly ripping him apart. ;) 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again......

Time to change pic.

ahhh some like living in the past.  So how was Mr Sinden ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

I live in Winchester :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

There are people who just love the old days and are looking to go back to the pre-cap jacobs days when his cheapness was actually a factor.

The rallying cry is now Marchand.  If they don't resign him it's back to mediocrity, cheapness and counting the years between cups.

Right on cue for the start of the season the trolls and idiots are getting out of the line for cup pics in Winchester and will be posting soon after they get their Hans Solo autograph.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whitewings. Show Whitewings's posts

In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again......:
    [QUOTE]There are people who just love the old days and are looking to go back to the pre-cap jacobs days when his cheapness was actually a factor. The rallying cry is now Marchand.  If they don't resign him it's back to mediocrity, cheapness and counting the years between cups. Right on cue for the start of the season the trolls and idiots are getting out of the line for cup pics in Winchester and will be posting soon after they get their Hans Solo autograph.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Trolls like you said have better things to do in summer than talking hockey...and wait all summer long for the next season to start

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

[QUOTE]There are people who just love the old days and are looking to go back to the pre-cap jacobs days when his cheapness was actually a factor. The rallying cry is now Marchand.  If they don't resign him it's back to mediocrity, cheapness and counting the years between cups. Right on cue for the start of the season the trolls and idiots are getting out of the line for cup pics in Winchester and will be posting soon after they get their Hans Solo autograph.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I thought it was Han Solo. Regardless, good point. The miserables will always come back, theres plenty to complain about over the long season for any team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again......:[QUOTE] Seriously guy? You're in line to get your picture taken with the Stanley Cup and you're STILL b1tch1n'? I shouldn't be surprised, but I am a bit. My friend and I made sure to have a conversation about what he said rather loudly ripping him apart. ;) Posted by Krispy73[/QUOTE]

Typical of New England sports fans Krispy...

I showed that to my dad when he was complaining to me about the Sox right after they went 30 games above .500 and AGone's average went from .360 to .340, Ol Curmudgeon's will always find something to complain about...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

some people just like to complain about anything.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whitewings. Show Whitewings's posts

This summer, the death of three hockey players, the plane crash in Russia (44 death) have faded away the Stanley cup winners...too bad for Boston...what a bitter summer for them! Bruins can't win without crying ...Karma!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]This summer , the death of three hockey players, the  plane crash  in Russia (44 death ) have faded away the Stanley cup winners...too bad for Boston...what a bitter summer for them! Bruins can't win without crying ...Karma!
    Posted by Whitewings[/QUOTE]

Neither can some of their fans !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

[QUOTE]Time to change pic. ahhh some like living in the past.  So how was Mr Sinden ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Pic will change when I have him in a Stars uniform.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Krispy 73, we will never here Michael Ryder's name mentioned as a Boston Bruin. I sincerely hope he finds his time in Dal-ass enjoyable.  I am sure the fans will love the moments of mediocrity admidst the game heroics.  A very frustrating player, indeed.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

If it weren't for Michael Ryder there would have been no Stanley Cup or even getting out of the first round. Fact, not opinion.

[QUOTE]Krispy 73, we will never here Michael Ryder's name mentioned as a Boston Bruin. I sincerely hope he finds his time in Dal-ass enjoyable.  I am sure the fans will love the moments of mediocrity admidst the game heroics.  A very frustrating player, indeed.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]If it weren't for Michael Ryder there would have been no Stanley Cup or even getting out of the first round. Fact, not opinion. In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... :
    Posted by Krispy73[/QUOTE]
    How do you know Caron(for example)wouldn't have contributed as much or more to a playoff run. The only fact is the Bruins TEAM won the cup. No 1 player was bigger than the team. Ryder played well and I wish him all the best in Dallas. I won't miss him though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... : How do you know Caron(for example)wouldn't have contributed as much or more to a playoff run. The only fact is the Bruins TEAM won the cup. No 1 player was bigger than the team. Ryder played well and I wish him all the best in Dallas. I won't miss him though.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Ryder had a hell of a play off.. No call up would have had the same contributions.. He had 2 less points then marchand, with 1 more game winner, and no empty netters..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... : Ryder had a hell of a play off.. No call up would have had the same contributions.. He had 2 less points then marchand, with 1 more game winner, and no empty netters..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]
    The point I'm making is that you can't pick out 1 guy and say Boston wouldn't have won without him. It's impossible to argue what-ifs. You say no call up would've contributed the same. I say maybe one would've. There's nowhere to go from here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... : The point I'm making is that you can't pick out 1 guy and say Boston wouldn't have won without him. It's impossible to argue what-ifs. You say no call up would've contributed the same. I say maybe one would've. There's nowhere to go from here.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

So a player not good enough to make the roster would have been called up and contributed 17 points in the play offs?  I agree no player (other then thomas/chara) should be argued they couldnt have won with out him, Horton was a great example.. But to say Caron or a call up would have contributed as much is awful, Ryder was very very good in the play offs, beyond his scoring he played a great game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i agree with the idea it takes all 20 players to win a cup. but do to the record setting performance of a one tim thomas, he's the only one i could possibly go out on a limb for, and make that claim. goalies can steal games, and steal a series. not a huge stretch to say the bruins may not have won w/o the con smythe winner, who posted a sub 2 gaa in the finals. this is all "what if's", and have no actual base for comparison.... but it's hard to argue a team w/o the best goalie in the world, would have had the same result WITHOUT him.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... : So a player not good enough to make the roster would have been called up and contributed 17 points in the play offs?  I agree no player (other then thomas/chara) should be argued they couldnt have won with out him, Horton was a great example.. But to say Caron or a call up would have contributed as much is awful, Ryder was very very good in the play offs, beyond his scoring he played a great game.
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]
    But you don't know and can never say for sure. I shouldn't be surprised your still attempting to win an unwinnable debate.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

dez...i know this is all make-believe world, and is merely discussion to pass the time. BUT, it's kinda crazy to think tuukka would have had a sub 2 gaa in the playoffs also. just sayin'. of the 18 skaters, changing out ONE player, may or may not have made a difference. there is only ONE goalie on the ice at a time, and he's the last line of defense. the bruins have the best goalie in the world. losing the best player in the world, at the most impactful position on the ice, would in my opinion have changed the outcome of at least a few games. meaningless banter i know, but we got another month of this--ugh(trying to get thru a dull day at work!)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]dez...i know this is all make-believe world, and is merely discussion to pass the time. BUT, it's kinda crazy to think tuukka would have had a sub 2 gaa in the playoffs also. just sayin'. of the 18 skaters, changing out ONE player, may or may not have made a difference. there is only ONE goalie on the ice at a time, and he's the last line of defense. the bruins have the best goalie in the world. losing the best player in the world, at the most impactful position on the ice, would in my opinion have changed the outcome of at least a few games. meaningless banter i know, but we got another month of this--ugh(trying to get thru a dull day at work!)
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    ADK, admittedly, I'm in the small minority that thinks Rask may have been able to do the job. You're absolutely right though in  your assertion that TT would've been the most difficult player to replace.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

dez...let's hope tukka gets the chance at his own cup run(this year perhaps!), he is way more than capable. TT's years between the pipes are numbered(sad to say, he's alot of fun to watch). i look at them as 1a and 1b myself. it's definitely a position of strength, which is integral in making a deep run in the playoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]dez...let's hope tukka gets the chance at his own cup run(this year perhaps!), he is way more than capable. TT's years between the pipes are numbered(sad to say, he's alot of fun to watch). i look at them as 1a and 1b myself. it's definitely a position of strength, which is integral in making a deep run in the playoffs.
    ADK, I could not agree more.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

which brings us full circle back to things we hope/ thought we would never hear again.... "i love TT, tuukka stinks" vs. "i love tuukka, TT stinks". this argument is maddening!!!!!!! let's be thankful we have them BOTH!!!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]which brings us full circle back to things we hope/ thought we would never hear again.... "i love TT, tuukka stinks" vs. "i love tuukka, TT stinks". this argument is maddening!!!!!!! let's be thankful we have them BOTH!!!!!!!
    Hear you loud and clear brother. Why some folks can't cheer for one without putting down the other is bothersome. I've said it a thousand times(feels like it), we've got the world's best goaltending tandem. Our goaltending "controversy" is an awesome one to have.