Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again......

In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again......:
    [QUOTE]which brings us full circle back to things we hope/ thought we would never hear again.... "i love TT, tuukka stinks" vs. "i love tuukka, TT stinks". this argument is maddening!!!!!!! let's be thankful we have them BOTH!!!!!!!
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Why don't we just agree to cheer for the TEAM no matter who is in net. I always enjoy watching the Bruins win and it'll be especially fun when we play the Nucks in January. Lotsa payback coming up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangedman. Show hangedman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... : ADK, admittedly, I'm in the small minority that thinks Rask may have been able to do the job. You're absolutely right though in  your assertion that TT would've been the most difficult player to replace.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I need to respectfully disagree on the one irreplaceable player.

No knock against Thomas who was extraordinary and richly deserved the Conn Smythe.  That said, I could picture the Bruins having won it with Rask in net.  An extremely unlikely scenario, of course.  But not entirely out of the realm of imagination.

But suppose Chara had never come back from his illness in the first two games of the first series?  Could the Bruins have won the cup without him?  I can't envision that at all. There was no one who could come close to stepping into his skates.

Thomas was the MVP and had an amazing run in the playoffs.  One of the best runs I've ever seen.  But Chara was the only truly irreplaceable part.

IMHO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... : I need to respectfully disagree on the one irreplaceable player. No knock against Thomas who was extraordinary and richly deserved the Conn Smythe.  that said, I could picture the Bruins having won it with Rask in net.  An extremely unlikely scenario, of course.  But not entirely out of the realm of imagination. But suppose Chara had never come back from his illness in the first two games of the first series?  Could the Bruins have won the cup without him?  I can't envision that at all. There was no one who could come close to stepping into his skates. Thomas was the MVP and had an amazing run in the playoffs.  One of the best runs I've ever seen.  But Chara was the only truly irreplaceable part. IMHO.
    Posted by hangedman[/QUOTE]

Did you watch the play?  Thomas wasn't good, he was the best in the history of the game for a stretch.. Rask is good, but thomas won 3 game sevens, to sit there and think that even a slight dip in play in net would still have lead to a cup is insane..

Rask was hurt, and didn't even put up a 500 season.. Get off the band wagon.. If you were saying with out chara, I would say hey maybe, alot of what chara does is hard to see.. That being said, thomas won a lot of games by being brilliant, not good, not great..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

Ah the Raskelites and their blind devotion. :P

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangedman. Show hangedman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... : Did you watch the play?  Thomas wasn't good, he was the best in the history of the game for a stretch.. Rask is good, but thomas won 3 game sevens, to sit there and think that even a slight dip in play in net would still have lead to a cup is insane.. Rask was hurt, and didn't even put up a 500 season.. Get off the band wagon.. If you were saying with out chara, I would say hey maybe, alot of what chara does is hard to see.. That being said, thomas won a lot of games by being brilliant, not good, not great..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

I've been "watching the play" since the '60's. Did you read my post? I wasn't trashing Thomas, nor am I on some sort of Rask bandwagon.  No reason to fly into hysterics. 

I'm not sure what your point is about Chara in the last part of your post.  A lot of what Chara does is hard to see?  All I was saying is that I could see last year's team possibly winning without Thomas.  I wouldn't have put my money on it.  But, as I said, not out of the realm of possibility.

Without Chara they would have had no shot at all.  No one on the team could have even come close to providing what he does on defense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... : I've been "watching the play" since the '60's. Did you read my post? I wasn't trashing Thomas, nor am I on some sort of Rask bandwagon.  No reason to fly into hysterics.  I'm not sure what your point is about Chara in the last part of your post.  A lot of what Chara does is hard to see?  Not hard to see for most folks with even a moderate grasp of the game. (Aside from that, the guy's 6' 9" for crumb's sake.  Hard to see?  Yikes.)  All I was saying is that I could see last year's team possibly winning without Thomas.  I wouldn't have put my money on it.  But, as I said, not out of the realm of possibility. Without Chara they would have had no shot at all.  No one on the team could have even come close to providing what he does on defense.

If you had watched the games, you should realize no, the bruins would not have won with a different goalie.. I am glad you have been watching for 50 years, now maybe you can learn it..

Rask was ok last year at best, as a matter of fact he was worse then thomas was the year before when half the town wanted thomas traded, thomas was atleast over .500..

Thomas was better then any goalie has ever played, and the bruins took 25 out of a possible 28 games possible to win.. Its not like the team won games handily and a drop in net would have been ok..

As far as what chara does being harder to see? how do you not get that statement... He's a shut down dman.. He doesnt register a lot of points, and hes not overly physical, so its rare that he does anything that makes you go "wow", when he is playing great its most noticabale because those playing aganst him arent doing much.. So I was saying if you had said the team could win with out chara, that would be easier to see, since his impact is less noticable..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangedman. Show hangedman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... : If you had watched the games, you should realize no, the bruins would not have won with a different goalie.. I am glad you have been watching for 50 years, now maybe you can learn it.. Rask was ok last year at best, as a matter of fact he was worse then thomas was the year before when half the town wanted thomas traded, thomas was atleast over .500.. Thomas was better then any goalie has ever played, and the bruins took 25 out of a possible 28 games possible to win.. Its not like the team won games handily and a drop in net would have been ok.. As far as what chara does being harder to see? how do you not get that statement... He's a shut down dman.. He doesnt register a lot of points, and hes not overly physical, so its rare that he does anything that makes you go "wow", when he is playing great its most noticabale because those playing aganst him arent doing much.. So I was saying if you had said the team could win with out chara, that would be easier to see, since his impact is less noticable..

Because it's not as noticeable means it's not as important?

Thomas had a great run.  Best ever?  Argueable.  But almost half a century of perspective makes me wary of such assertions.  And why are you so defensive?  Am I trashing Thomas?  Hardly.  Am I suggesting Rask would have been his equal.  No.  But Rask has demonstrated that he can provide some high quality goaltending.  On the contrary (and this is no knock on the rest of the defense corps), the Bruins don't have anyone else who could provide anything close to what Chara gives you.

And as important as a goaltender is, I think you under-rate the fact that hockey is a team sport.  The d, led by Chara, and overall team defense, played a role in shutting down opposing offenses.  Yes, Thomas was a key, but Thomas didn't win three game sevens.  The Bruins won three game sevens.

I'll stick by my assertion.  The Bruins probably would not have won without Thomas.  But I think they would have had a better chance to win with Rask in goal than with Seidenberg as their no. 1 d. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... : Because it's not as noticeable means it's not as important? Thomas had a great run.  Best ever?  Argueable.  But almost half a century of perspective makes me wary of such assertions.  And why are you so defensive?  Am I trashing Thomas?  Hardly.  Am I suggesting Rask would have been his equal.  No.  But Rask has demonstrated that he can provide some high quality goaltending.  On the contrary (and this is no knock on the rest of the defense corps), the Bruins don't have anyone else who could provide anything close to what Chara gives you. And as important as a goaltender is, I think you under-rate the fact that hockey is a team sport.  The d, led by Chara, and overall team defense, played a role in shutting down opposing offenses.  Yes, Thomas was a key, but Thomas didn't win three game sevens.  The Bruins won three game sevens. I'll stick by my assertion.  The Bruins probably would not have won without Thomas.  But I think they would have had a better chance to win with Rask in goal than with Seidenberg as their no. 1 d. 

I never said it wasnt as important, just that it is harder to see, thus why I would say if you thought that could to it with out chara, that would be easier to believe..

I already said the only 2 players they couldnt do it with out were thomas and chara.. You've said chara is the only player who was un replaceable, meaning they could have won with rask..

Thomas played better then anyone has played, thats a statistcal fact, and 6 goals in 8 games? Rask was 11-14.. Sorry if I think its crazy to think the bruins who needed every save thomas made, 3 game 7's, to win the cup, could have also won it with their good, though not great at the time back up in net when he couldn't even win half of his starts..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

There are many factors in which you need to win a cup like,  some luck, staying healthy, scoring at opportune moments (Horton's game winners , OT winners , first goal of the game etc...) , the powerplay has to click... ok ok I didn't mean that but we cannot start saying if this player was playing instead of another we'de still win the cup . I don't agree.
    When the Bruins were down against the Habs who started to come back ... Ryder.
    Again against the Habs who would have made a save like Ryder did on Plekanec ?
    Wait,  didn't Ryder score an OT winner to start the charge to winning that series for the Bruins ?
    I think without Ryder maybe the Bruins don't get past the Habs or Horton's winners
    Even Kelly had that great game and I don't see any other replacement doing better than him.
    The same can be said for Thomas 's brilliance as that series went on.
    Philly .....  that series was just payback .
    Tampa,  without those bursts and scoring touch from Seguin ... maybe no final.
    The same goes for the final, can we also say that maybe with Horton not getting hurt things could have been different ?  Even Recchi played a very important part in the final and to me was irreplaceable.
    Bottom line is they won with this chemistry , that team, any changes could've disrupted that chemistry. The " What if ... "  phrase can go on and on and for what ? It never happened.
    I like to say that only this team and roster won the cup.
    Good night !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangedman. Show hangedman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... : I never said it wasnt as important, just that it is harder to see, thus why I would say if you thought that could to it with out chara, that would be easier to believe.. I already said the only 2 players they couldnt do it with out were thomas and chara.. You've said chara is the only player who was un replaceable, meaning they could have won with rask.. Thomas played better then anyone has played, thats a statistcal fact, and 6 goals in 8 games? Rask was 11-14.. Sorry if I think its crazy to think the bruins who needed every save thomas made, 3 game 7's, to win the cup, could have also won it with their good, though not great at the time back up in net when he couldn't even win half of his starts..

Stats are very important.  But they are not the only factor that's significant in assessing a player's performance. That said, I've acknowledged Thomas' run was extraordinary.  Not arguing against that point at all. 

As I've also said, I think the chances of the B's winning without Thomas would be remote.  But I've seen enough players with potential step up in the playoffs and deliver great performances.  I think Rask has that sort of potential.  Again, not something I would have expected, but I've seen that sort of thing happen to often to say it's impossible.

On the other hand, I think the Bruins would have had zero chance to win without Chara. No one on the roster could have filled the hole he'd leave.

In any case, I'm glad you seem to have calmed a bit.  We've spilled a lot of verbiage, and you've expended a lot of emotion, over what is, I think, a fairly small difference in opinion.  Let's agree to disagree. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangedman. Show hangedman's posts

[QUOTE]There are many factors in which you need to win a cup like,  some luck, staying healthy, scoring at opportune moments (Horton's game winners , OT winners , first goal of the game etc...) , the powerplay has to click... ok ok I didn't mean that but we cannot start saying if this player was playing instead of another we'de still win the cup . I don't agree. When the Bruins were down against the Habs who started to come back ... Ryder. Again against the Habs who would have made a save like Ryder did on Plekanec ? Wait,  didn't Ryder score an OT winner to start the charge to winning that series for the Bruins ? I think without Ryder maybe the Bruins don't get past the Habs or Horton's winners Even Kelly had that great game and I don't see any other replacement doing better than him. The same can be said for Thomas 's brilliance as that series went on. Philly .....  that series was just payback . Tampa,  without those bursts and scoring touch from Seguin ... maybe no final. The same goes for the final, can we also say that maybe with Horton not getting hurt things could have been different ?  Even Recchi played a very important part in the final and to me was irreplaceable. Bottom line is they won with this chemistry , that team, any changes could've disrupted that chemistry. The " What if ... "  phrase can go on and on and for what ? It never happened. I like to say that only this team and roster won the cup. Good night !
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

True.  Change one factor on either side and all sorts of things are impacted.  Strategies change, games change, results change, series change.  You end up with an entirely different reality. Before you know it, the Gary Bettman is handing the Stanley Cup to the 2011 champion NY Rangers.  Yeah, the what-if thing can get crazy and go round and round.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... : True.  Change one factor on either side and all sorts of things are impacted.  Strategies change, games change, results change, series change.  You end up with an entirely different reality. Before you know it, the Gary Bettman is handing the Stanley Cup to the 2011 champion NY Rangers.  Yeah, the what-if thing can get crazy and go round and round.

You got it !  Even  Arnold Schwarzenegge in the Terminator tried...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... : Because it's not as noticeable means it's not as important? Thomas had a great run.  Best ever?  Argueable.  But almost half a century of perspective makes me wary of such assertions.  And why are you so defensive?  Am I trashing Thomas?  Hardly.  Am I suggesting Rask would have been his equal.  No.  But Rask has demonstrated that he can provide some high quality goaltending.  On the contrary (and this is no knock on the rest of the defense corps), the Bruins don't have anyone else who could provide anything close to what Chara gives you. And as important as a goaltender is, I think you under-rate the fact that hockey is a team sport.  The d, led by Chara, and overall team defense, played a role in shutting down opposing offenses.  Yes, Thomas was a key, but Thomas didn't win three game sevens.  The Bruins won three game sevens. I'll stick by my assertion.  The Bruins probably would not have won without Thomas.  But I think they would have had a better chance to win with Rask in goal than with Seidenberg as their no. 1 d. 
    Typical. Your assertion & applauding the d men specifically is laughable! To think that Chara was more of a factor than Thomas is absurb. Where was Chara when TT stopped the 2 on 1 in game 5 against Montreal? Where was Chara when Ryder bailed the team out in game 5? Where was Chara when the Flyers had 54 shots on goal in game 2? The thing you're forgetting is that CHARA ISN'T on the ICE 100% of the time! Chara reduces mistakes in the B's end; but to sit there & argue a point where there's no way to prove either way unless you have the power to change history is plain stupid! The fact is the Boston Bruins won as a team & they would've lost as team. It wasn't just Thomas. Ryder bailed his butt out too! Chris Kelly scored some big goals too! For anybody to try & say this would've happened IF....or so & so could've done what so & so did is just plain dumb. How can anyone say that Caron would've done what Ryder done? Would Caron made that save against Plecanac in game 5? Can't tell me that he would've! Can't say that he wouldn't; but unless Caron & Ryder share the same brain that's not something you can prove.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Tell us genius. Who had a better run than Thomas? And I mean modern times. Not back in the 20's.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangedman. Show hangedman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... : Tell us genius. Who had a better run than Thomas? And I mean modern times. Not back in the 20's.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

The statement was made to the effect that Thomas had had the greatest run of any player in history.  Last time I checked, the 20's fall into the historical period.  Maybe some posters should be more careful about making very broad generalizations?

If you want to argue who has had the best run within the limited memories of some of the nearly brain-dormant deadbeats who populate these boards, then you're right.  It's Thomas.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangedman. Show hangedman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... : Typical. Your assertion & applauding the d men specifically is laughable! To think that Chara was more of a factor than Thomas is absurb. Where was Chara when TT stopped the 2 on 1 in game 5 against Montreal? Where was Chara when Ryder bailed the team out in game 5? Where was Chara when the Flyers had 54 shots on goal in game 2? The thing you're forgetting is that CHARA ISN'T on the ICE 100% of the time! Chara reduces mistakes in the B's end; but to sit there & argue a point where there's no way to prove either way unless you have the power to change history is plain stupid! The fact is the Boston Bruins won as a team & they would've lost as team. It wasn't just Thomas. Ryder bailed his butt out too! Chris Kelly scored some big goals too! For anybody to try & say this would've happened IF....or so & so could've done what so & so did is just plain dumb. How can anyone say that Caron would've done what Ryder done? Would Caron made that save against Plecanac in game 5? Can't tell me that he would've! Can't say that he wouldn't; but unless Caron & Ryder share the same brain that's not something you can prove.

Good lord, there are some excitable youngsters in this playground.

I've been really trying to be reasonable here, but I just gotta say this.

Thomas is a great goalie who had a tremendous season and playoffs.  Certainly among the best I've ever seen.

But some of the Thomasards on here remind me of some of the more extreme, stoned-out Deadheads I used to know.  The Dead were a very fine musical outfit.  Historical.  But there was a core of uncritical, slack-jawed devotees for whom every show was a cosmic experience, every tune a timeless masterpiece, every move made or word uttered by the band a holy sacrament.  Mindless, worshipful lemmings. 

Thomas is great.  But some of his advocates here remind me of those perspective-less, Deadhead burnouts.

After Thomas' appearance in Burlington, VT, a lot of the fans descended on the nearby Borders.  I heard one old guy in a B's jersey talking to one of the clerks.  She was saying the only thing she knew about hockey was Bobby Orr.  The old guy replied, "Thomas is Bobby Orr in goal."  I had to chuckle to myself.

I like to come to the boards once in a while to talk hockey with intelligent, knowledgeable fans.  But sooner or later the pinheads just get too tiresome, and I need to take a break.  I think I need to step out for some fresh air for a bit.

Have a grest season, all.

Go Bruins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangedman. Show hangedman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... : You got it !  Even  Arnold Schwarzenegge in the Terminator tried...
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Lol.  Precisely.  As I was writing that, I was thinking to myself that it was the premise of about a zillion sci fi books and films.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... : Tell us genius. Who had a better run than Thomas? And I mean modern times. Not back in the 20's.

For me Tim Thomas had the single great season (post season included) as a whole of any goalie I have seen in my 30 plus years of watching. Thats all i can go on. I can only think of two games where the whole season where he had, and i;m not saying bad games, but subpar . the 8-6 game versus Montreal and honeslty that was just one of those games. The other was the game on Long Island where he gave up 4..And I dont even like questioning those two. I know the red Wings game people might bring up but the B's were overamatched that weekend, plain and simple and I thought he held the fort there.

But back to your question Nite, who had the best run?? To me the only one I can mention, and i'm not saying it's better, was Roy in 93. He had 10 OT wins in those playoffs and was simply outstanding..10 overtimes wins. That 93 Habs team wasn't a very good one and any Habs fan will tell you that, thats the closest I've seen to a goalie almost singlehandily win a cup.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... : For me Tim Thomas had the single great season (post season included) as a whole of any goalie I have seen in my 30 plus years of watching. Thats all i can go on. I can only think of two games where the whole season where he had, and i;m not saying bad games, but subpar . the 8-6 game versus Montreal and honeslty that was just one of those games. The other was the game on Long Island where he gave up 4..And I dont even like questioning those two. I know the red Wings game people might bring up but the B's were overamatched that weekend, plain and simple and I thought he held the fort there. But back to your question Nite, who had the best run?? To me the only one I can mention, and i'm not saying it's better, was Roy in 93. He had 10 OT wins in those playoffs and was simply outstanding..10 overtimes wins. That 93 Habs team wasn't a very good one and any Habs fan will tell you that, thats the closest I've seen to a goalie almost singlehandily win a cup.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    If this was last season I would've disagreed only because it was Patrick. I considered him overrated & a showboat artist! However; since the B's have FINALLY won. I can actually look at Roy in a different light. The guy was definately one of the best EVER! And IF there was a close call Kev. I'd say you nailed it! That run he went on in 93' was really something. The only difference is that Patrick wasn't playing that well during the season. Matter of fact it was his worse in his career stats wise.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... : Good lord, there are some excitable youngsters in this playground. I've been really trying to be reasonable here, but I just gotta say this. Thomas is a great goalie who had a tremendous season and playoffs.  Certainly among the best I've ever seen. But some of the Thomasards on here remind me of some of the more extreme, stoned-out Deadheads I used to know.  The Dead were a very fine musical outfit.  Historical.  But there was a core of uncritical, slack-jawed devotees for whom every show was a cosmic experience, every tune a timeless masterpiece, every move made or word uttered by the band a holy sacrament.  Mindless, worshipful lemmings.  Thomas is great.  But some of his advocates here remind me of those perspective-less, Deadhead burnouts. After Thomas' appearance in Burlington, VT, a lot of the fans descended on the nearby Borders.  I heard one old guy in a B's jersey talking to one of the clerks.  She was saying the only thing she knew about hockey was Bobby Orr.  The old guy replied, "Thomas is Bobby Orr in goal."  I had to chuckle to myself. I like to come to the boards once in a while to talk hockey with intelligent, knowledgeable fans.  But sooner or later the pinheads just get too tiresome, and I need to take a break.  I think I need to step out for some fresh air for a bit. Have a grest season, all. Go Bruins.
    Yes I know. It is awful to have someone who claims to be so knowledgable; yet talks so foolish! Then ridicules & whines like a little Biatch when someone tears their post apart! Go away & stay away if you're 50 & act 10! We have enough of those!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... : Good lord, there are some excitable youngsters in this playground. I've been really trying to be reasonable here, but I just gotta say this. Thomas is a great goalie who had a tremendous season and playoffs.  Certainly among the best I've ever seen. But some of the Thomasards on here remind me of some of the more extreme, stoned-out Deadheads I used to know.  The Dead were a very fine musical outfit.  Historical.  But there was a core of uncritical, slack-jawed devotees for whom every show was a cosmic experience, every tune a timeless masterpiece, every move made or word uttered by the band a holy sacrament.  Mindless, worshipful lemmings.  Thomas is great.  But some of his advocates here remind me of those perspective-less, Deadhead burnouts. After Thomas' appearance in Burlington, VT, a lot of the fans descended on the nearby Borders.  I heard one old guy in a B's jersey talking to one of the clerks.  She was saying the only thing she knew about hockey was Bobby Orr.  The old guy replied, "Thomas is Bobby Orr in goal."  I had to chuckle to myself. I like to come to the boards once in a while to talk hockey with intelligent, knowledgeable fans.  But sooner or later the pinheads just get too tiresome, and I need to take a break.  I think I need to step out for some fresh air for a bit. Have a grest season, all. Go Bruins.
    I love the Bruins and the Dead so I know exactly what you mean.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... : Yes I know. It is awful to have someone who claims to be so knowledgable; yet talks so foolish! Then ridicules & whines like a little Biatch when someone tears their post apart! Go away & stay away if you're 50 & act 10! We have enough of those!
    Nite, I'm not trying to start anything here when I ask if you think it's coincidence that TT had his worst nights of the playoffs when Chara was either sick(well under 100%) or not playing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... : Nite, I'm not trying to start anything here when I ask if you think it's coincidence that TT had his worst nights of the playoffs when Chara was either sick(well under 100%) or not playing.
    No it's no coincidence at all! Chara is da man! My point is that not 1 specific player was the sole reason for the championship. There were some indiviuals who were a bigger factor than others; but I'm not going lay claim to unknowns. There's possibilties in almost anything. Some possibilities are more realistic & have a higher percentage. For some1 to say that another player would've done something as great as another or better is reaching. Let's just use your Caron/Ryder scenario. There's a possibility that Caron would've gotten the same amount of goals/points as Ryder. However; what's the possibility that Caron would've had the same presence of mind to get in front of the net to make that save that Ryder did? That's where the possibilites are lessened probably a great deal. If Ryder doesn't do it; the Habs would've been up a goal & maybe that series in now a 3-2 hill to climb for the B's. What would've been said about TT then? He absolutely 100% over played & put himself out of position & his detractors would've had a field day! To say that Rask would've played as well is reaching. The guy needed surgery in the off season. The guy didn't play enough to find his groove on a consistent basis. The possibility that an off timed & injured Rask would've had the same play-off as Timmy is very minor. That's another reach & a far stretched one at that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... : No it's no coincidence at all! Chara is da man! My point is that not 1 specific player was the sole reason for the championship. There were some indiviuals who were a bigger factor than others; but I'm not going lay claim to unknowns. There's possibilties in almost anything. Some possibilities are more realistic & have a higher percentage. For some1 to say that another player would've done something as great as another or better is reaching. Let's just use your Caron/Ryder scenario. There's a possibility that Caron would've gotten the same amount of goals/points as Ryder. However; what's the possibility that Caron would've had the same presence of mind to get in front of the net to make that save that Ryder did? That's where the possibilites are lessened probably a great deal. If Ryder doesn't do it; the Habs would've been up a goal & maybe that series in now a 3-2 hill to climb for the B's. What would've been said about TT then? He absolutely 100% over played & put himself out of position & his detractors would've had a field day! To say that Rask would've played as well is reaching. The guy needed surgery in the off season. The guy didn't play enough to find his groove on a consistent basis. The possibility that an off timed & injured Rask would've had the same play-off as Timmy is very minor. That's another reach & a far stretched one at that.
    TT was phenomenal. That we know. Everything else is conjecture.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things we THOUGHT we'd never hear again...... : TT was phenomenal. That we know. Everything else is conjecture.
    More than fair statement. Dez? Been meaning to ask you. I never heard or read anything about this. Did Don Sweeney not bring the cup to St. Stephen?

Sections
Shortcuts