Think Krejci knows who Wally Pipp is?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Think Krejci knows who Wally Pipp is?

Is this the opening/opportunity that Seguin needs to show that he is ready and belongs in the top-6 rotation?  If he can establish that, does Krejci become a chip that would we worth moving?

Many have discussed what Seguin's future is in the rotation with Krejci and Bergeron ahead of him (remember when Savard was ahead of him too).  The team is deep up the middle, and with DK a pending RFA, maybe this is not a bad time to move him.  As much as I like DK, an impact winger or top-3 d-man in return would sound pretty good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Think Krejci knows who Wally Pipp is?

Yeah, no.  Not before he becomes an RFA unless the Bruins continue to win 1 of every 4.  Mostly because, as of now, Seguin has played four solid games early in the regular season and shown his progress.  That doesn't convince me, yet, that he can lead the league in playoff scoring.  I would much rather keep them both and put Seguin with Bergeron and Marchand when DK returns.  There's your impact winger.  And this assumes that the BMP line doesn't find a groove - everyone rhapsodized about the Peverley signing, so let's see if that's the right response before looking to replace him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

if we trade Krejci, we aren't winning the cup again. Keep the trade Krejci hab trolls off here please

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

In Response to Re: Think Krejci knows who Wally Pipp is?:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, no.  Not before he becomes an RFA unless the Bruins continue to win 1 of every 4.  Mostly because, as of now, Seguin has played four solid games early in the regular season and shown his progress.  That doesn't convince me, yet, that he can lead the league in playoff scoring.  I would much rather keep them both and put Seguin with Bergeron and Marchand when DK returns.  There's your impact winger.  And this assumes that the BMP line doesn't find a groove - everyone rhapsodized about the Peverley signing, so let's see if that's the right response before looking to replace him. 
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

I still think it does a disservice to Peverly and the rest of that line to wait. He's not the right guy for that line unless you're simply trying to distribute production (which gives me stomach pains every time I see the philosophy promoted). Seguin is a much better fit. He thinks the game the same way Brad and Bergy do. Peverly has to go into tunnel vision to be effective. He can not shoot and his passing is average. He got too much money for what he does and now the Bruins will have to pretend like he's a top 6 guy (kind of like they do with Krejci and Chara on the power play. they're on the power play because they're the "top guys" regardless of the fact that they both stink on the power play. in other words, it's a political calculation rather than a hockey one). I don't think he is. He's a hard working kid with some speed. Nothing wrong with that but top 6 guys have to have more skill and that's that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Think Krejci knows who Wally Pipp is? : I still think it does a disservice to Peverly and the rest of that line to wait. He's not the right guy for that line unless you're simply trying to distribute production (which gives me stomach pains every time I see the philosophy promoted). Seguin is a much better fit. He thinks the game the same way Brad and Bergy do. Peverly has to go into tunnel vision to be effective. He can not shoot and his passing is average. He got too much money for what he does and now the Bruins will have to pretend like he's a top 6 guy (kind of like they do with Krejci and Chara on the power play. they're on the power play because they're the "top guys" regardless of the fact that they both stink on the power play. in other words, it's a political calculation rather than a hockey one). I don't think he is. He's a hard working kid with some speed. Nothing wrong with that but top 6 guys have to have more skill and that's that.
    Posted by ingrizzlebizzles[/QUOTE]

I agree... with both of the last two posts.  Don't trade Krecji yet.  Although I think in the end that may be what happens, but not until Spooner is ready for the big club.  Bergeron isn't going anywhere, and Seguin is the #1 center of the future.  But for now we will be a better team to keep Krecji and shift Seguin to Bergeron's wing when Krecji gets healthy.  You never know when injuries will hit and we will all sleep easier knowing that if any of our centers go down then Seguin will step in and not miss a beat.  

I also think that Seguin will still produce at wing --- given he has talented player to play with. That second line will be a force with him and Marchand stretching the D from both sides and Bergeron holding down in his usual responsible fashion  in the middle.  It makes me giddy just thinking about it.  They will outscore the KHL line - bet on it.

I like Peverley, but he is just not as skilled.  He misses the net more than he hits it, and as said before his passing is just so so.  A really good third line guy -- a la Ryder in past years, but a underwhelming second line forward who will hold that line back much like Recchi did last year (not to minimalize his contributions).  For the first time in a while, the B's are in a position to have two really good lines followed by two defensively responsible lines who will chip in offensively.  The three equal lines idea is stupid.  You don't water down the top two lines so the third line is marginally better.  Hockey is not an individual sport and who you play on the ice with definitely impacts production.  There is a synergy to having your best players play together that shouldn't be ignored.

Prediction: if you put the Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin line together for the season they will put up 60-70-70 point totals across the board.  They will create odd man rushes on a regular basis and dominate on both ends of the ice.  In fact, I think that should be the forward group for PP1  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I don't think the Bruins could afford to not have Krejci and Seguin on it's team. They will need them both.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Didn't Krejci just lead the playoffs in scoring? I think we need him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

" As much as I like DK, an impact winger or top-3 d-man in return would sound pretty good"

I would take the call for sure and listen but would have to be blown away, Crowls. Arniel and Sauve (in the Q) are the best centers in Providence but aren't close. Spooner and Knight I don't think will impact the Bruins in the NHL until 2013.

So there had better be a good NHL ready Center coming back Boston's way to fill the void until then unless you think Peverley, Bergeron and Seguin can fill that #1 center spot, Not ready yet IMO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't Krejci just lead the playoffs in scoring? I think we need him.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

No disrespect intended to be shown DK, I really like the guy, he is a very good center.  Let's also not forget that his career-best season in points in 73, and had a 13-49-62 line in 75 games last year. 

I just think Seguin may have a chance to be an elite center, he certainly has elite skills.  How/when does he get that opportunity?  At center?  Not trying to push DK out, rather wondering if Seguin shows that he is ready to be a 1st/2nd line pivot, might it make sense to make a move to get help elsewhere? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If Seguin proves to be a top 6 forward, great. Why does that mean trading Krejci?? Why him?? Why not Bergeron??

I like both, want to keep both, but If you forced me to trade one, I'm not trading the one who led the playoffs in scoring, and whose injury the year before proved to be the difference.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]If Seguin proves to be a top 6 forward, great. Why does that mean trading Krejci?? Why him?? Why not Bergeron?? I like both, want to keep both, but If you forced me to trade one, I'm not trading the one who led the playoffs in scoring, and whose injury the year before proved to be the difference.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Krejci was 25gp 12-11-23
    Bergeron was 23gp 6-14-20

Not a material difference to me.

Bergeron was 60.2% on draws as compared to 51.8% for Krejci.
    Bergeron was +15 as compared to +8 or Krejci.

Advantage Bergeron.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I like both and wouldnt trade either..

I've said here before Bergeron is one of if not the best face off man in the league, lets not forget Krejci also led the league in plus/minus a couple years back. Thats pretty good as well..Also, six goal difference in a playoff is pretty big.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

I'd consider Krejci an elite center.  Remember all the fuss when Joe Thornton was traded away?  Krejci has already surpassed him in career playoff goals (19 to 18), has a higher ppg average in the playoffs (0.85 to 0.75) and blows him away in postseason +/- (+18 to -28).

Also, he's still improving and hasn't exaclty had elite linemates to this point.  Who have been his primary linemates?  Ryder and Wheeler then Horton and Lucic.  Not exactly anyone who is going to win the Art Ross Trophy anytime soon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]I'd consider Krejci an elite center.  Remember all the fuss when Joe Thornton was traded away?  Krejci has already surpassed him in career playoff goals (19 to 18), has a higher ppg average in the playoffs (0.85 to 0.75) and blows him away in postseason +/- (+18 to -28). Also, he's still improving and hasn't exaclty had elite linemates to this point.  Who have been his primary linemates?  Ryder and Wheeler then Horton and Lucic.  Not exactly anyone who is going to win the Art Ross Trophy anytime soon.
    Posted by BSXIII[/QUOTE]

Elite?  He was tied for 39th in scoring last year with guys like Lucic, Clarke McArthur, Backes and Clowe.  Doesn't sound like the NHL elites to me.

I'll try it this way then, what should expect to get in return for an elite center like DK?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

If you really think Krejci has more positive impact on Bruins games than Bergeron you clearly don't understand what you are watching.

[QUOTE]If Seguin proves to be a top 6 forward, great. Why does that mean trading Krejci?? Why him?? Why not Bergeron?? I like both, want to keep both, but If you forced me to trade one, I'm not trading the one who led the playoffs in scoring, and whose injury the year before proved to be the difference.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Think Krejci knows who Wally Pipp is? : Elite?  He was tied for 39th in scoring last year with guys like Lucic, Clarke McArthur, Backes and Clowe.  Doesn't sound like the NHL elites to me. I'll try it this way then, what should expect to get in return for an elite center like DK?
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Krejci was not a prolific point producer during the regular season, but he showed during the playoffs that he was elite.  Plenty of the leagues top point producers fold in the playoffs, while others step up and show they are much better suited for that style of play.  Krejci was the latter.

As for a trade, I would not look to trade him.  I hate getting into pointless video game type trades, but if the offer wasn't something you would at least consider swapping one of the following; Bergeron, Seguin, Rask, Marchand + top prospect or Lucic + top prospect I'd say no way to Krejci as well.

As for the Krejci vs. Bergeron debate, I think it's very close.  Edge to Bergeron on defense and faceoff ability, while I think Krejci is a slightly better offensive player.  Neither has shown the ability to run a power play, so maybe that's where Seguin can be a great complimentary center.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Think Krejci knows who Wally Pipp is? : Krejci was not a prolific point producer during the regular season, but he showed during the playoffs that he was elite.  Plenty of the leagues top point producers fold in the playoffs, while others step up and show they are much better suited for that style of play.  Krejci was the latter. As for a trade, I would not look to trade him.  I hate getting into pointless video game type trades, but if the offer wasn't something you would at least consider swapping one of the following; Bergeron, Seguin, Rask, Marchand + top prospect or Lucic + top prospect I'd say no way to Krejci as well. As for the Krejci vs. Bergeron debate, I think it's very close.  Edge to Bergeron on defense and faceoff ability, while I think Krejci is a slightly better offensive player.  Neither has shown the ability to run a power play, so maybe that's where Seguin can be a great complimentary center.
    Posted by BSXIII[/QUOTE]

1st Round against MTL: 7gp 1-0-1 -1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Think Krejci knows who Wally Pipp is? : 1st Round against MTL: 7gp 1-0-1 -1

Don't leave us hanging with just this. Rounds 2,3 and 4 please.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Think Krejci knows who Wally Pipp is? : Don't leave us hanging with just this. Rounds 2,3 and 4 please.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Fair point Chowdah, but if the B's lose game 7 to MTL, are we calling DK an elite playoff performer?  Previous post spoke to how some players "fold" under the pressure of the playoffs.  During the MTL series, DK was getting lit up on this board.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Think Krejci knows who Wally Pipp is? : 1st Round against MTL: 7gp 1-0-1 -1

Yet he still finished the postseason as the league leader in goals and total points.  He averaged 1.22 pgg after the Montreal series (0.92 including the Montreal series and 0.85 for his posteseason career).

PHI   4 5 9 +6
    TB    5 2 7  0
    VAN  2 4 6 +3

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Pretty sure I understand what I'm watching.What is the teams playoff record without Bergeron in the line up?Now what is it without Krejci?  Hard to find a bigger impact than that right?  What I don't understand is, if your forced to trade one, why is the general consensus that it has to be Krejci?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Think Krejci knows who Wally Pipp is? : Fair point Chowdah, but if the B's lose game 7 to MTL, are we calling DK an elite playoff performer?  Previous post spoke to how some players "fold" under the pressure of the playoffs.  During the MTL series, DK was getting lit up on this board.

Crowls I'm not a big fan of ' what if ' scenarios. ' What if ' you won the lottery would you be talking to a bum like me ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Think Krejci knows who Wally Pipp is? : Yet he still finished the postseason as the league leader in goals and total points.  He averaged 1.22 pgg after the Montreal series (0.92 including the Montreal series and 0.85 for his posteseason career). PHI   4 5 9 +6 TB    5 2 7  0 VAN  2 4 6 +3
    Posted by BSXIII[/QUOTE]

Let's look at some other top PO goal scorers:
    Marchand: 11 goals, 2nd overall
    Bergenheim: 9 goals in 16 games
    Joel Ward: 7 goals in 12 games

Elite?

Look, I really like DK, I am simply objecting to referring to him as an elite NHL player.  I think he is a really good player, not elite.  My point is if Seguin is ready to make a Stamkos-like jump in production, wouldn't that warrant him being the team's #1 center?  If you agree with that, where do DK & PB go?  Certainly could make them #2 & #3 centers or you could consider moving one of them for help in other areas of need.

Worth noting that I am bullish on Seguin, I think he puts up 60 points this year.  While that total doesn't sound eye-popping, it is 2 points lower than Krejci's production for last year.  Also, plenty of "ifs" to clear in my scenario, just wondering what folks were thinking. I will put you down as a "don't move DK under any scenario" guy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Think Krejci knows who Wally Pipp is? : Let's look at some other top PO goal scorers: Marchand: 11 goals, 2nd overall Bergenheim: 9 goals in 16 games Joel Ward: 7 goals in 12 games Elite? Look, I really like DK, I am simply objecting to referring to him as an elite NHL player.  I think he is a really good player, not elite.  My point is if Seguin is ready to make a Stamkos-like jump in production, wouldn't that warrant him being the team's #1 center?  If you agree with that, where do DK & PB go?  Certainly could make them #2 & #3 centers or you could consider moving one of them for help in other areas of need. Worth noting that I am bullish on Seguin, I think he puts up 60 points this year.  While that total doesn't sound eye-popping, it is 2 points lower than Krejci's production for last year.  Also, plenty of "ifs" to clear in my scenario, just wondering what folks were thinking. I will put you down as a "don't move DK under any scenario" guy.

I don't look at Krejci as an elite player at the moment either . He is a notch below the top players in the game IMO.

' If ' they traded him though I'd be disappointed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Think Krejci knows who Wally Pipp is? : Let's look at some other top PO goal scorers: Marchand: 11 goals, 2nd overall Bergenheim: 9 goals in 16 games Joel Ward: 7 goals in 12 games Elite? Look, I really like DK, I am simply objecting to referring to him as an elite NHL player.  I think he is a really good player, not elite.  My point is if Seguin is ready to make a Stamkos-like jump in production, wouldn't that warrant him being the team's #1 center?  If you agree with that, where do DK & PB go?  Certainly could make them #2 & #3 centers or you could consider moving one of them for help in other areas of need. Worth noting that I am bullish on Seguin, I think he puts up 60 points this year.  While that total doesn't sound eye-popping, it is 2 points lower than Krejci's production for last year.  Also, plenty of "ifs" to clear in my scenario, just wondering what folks were thinking. I will put you down as a "don't move DK under any scenario" guy.

Fair enough.  I'm not saying Krejci is a text book example of an elite player, but he's been great for this system, and has a much better playoff resume than some of the regular season elite (aka prolific point producers).

So yes, I would be in favor of keeping Seguin, Krejci and Bergeron.  The three combined will still probably cost less than the Crosby-Malkin combo, not to mention if they keep Staal too.

There isn't a player on the team that I would consider un-tradable under any circumstances, but I don't think you can expect to get equal value for a guy like Krejci.  Team's don't want to give up players who are great fits.  If they are available it's usually because their team has soured on them or they are due for a raise for more than they are willing to pay.  So most likely the best deal would be for unproven prospects, and that's not something I think the defending Cup winner should do.

Sections
Shortcuts