third line help that wouldn't cost an asset

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

third line help that wouldn't cost an asset

Tim Connolly currently playing for the Marlies in the AHL. cap hit of 4.75, sent down because he wasn't playing well, but i think he was primarily a cap casualty. I remember him being a pretty decent player in buffalo. His main problem was the injury bug. never seemed to be healthy but in buffalo scored at near a point a game (although it always seened to be in a season shortened to around 40 games due to injury). The bruins could probably acquire him for a conditional 7th round pick, try him out on the third line, and see what happens. Very low risk scenario. Before I get blown up, I'm not suggesting this as an ideal acquisition, but PC has normally been pretty conservative on the trade market. If he looks around the league, and decides he doesn't want to be a buyer at the price that's being asked, this could be a fall back scenario.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: third line help that wouldn't cost an asset

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Tim Connolly currently playing for the Marlies in the AHL. cap hit of 4.75, sent down because he wasn't playing well, but i think he was primarily a cap casualty. I remember him being a pretty decent player in buffalo. His main problem was the injury bug. never seemed to be healthy but in buffalo scored at near a point a game (although it always seened to be in a season shortened to around 40 games due to injury). The bruins could probably acquire him for a conditional 7th round pick, try him out on the third line, and see what happens. Very low risk scenario. Before I get blown up, I'm not suggesting this as an ideal acquisition, but PC has normally been pretty conservative on the trade market. If he looks around the league, and decides he doesn't want to be a buyer at the price that's being asked, this could be a fall back scenario.

I mentioned him and got lit up.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i certainly doubt he'd be any worse than pandalfo and has the potential to be much better. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

If we were to pick him up we have to pay that whole 4.75 cap hit right? How many years does he have left on that hit? Dunno seems like a lot of money for someone that is always hurt. If we paid half of that cap hit I would say totally go for it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to G4ck5's comment:

If we were to pick him up we have to pay that whole 4.75 cap hit right? How many years does he have left on that hit? Dunno seems like a lot of money for someone that is always hurt. If we paid half of that cap hit I would say totally go for it.

he's a UFA after this season. the bruins would have to pay the pro rated version of that cap hit for this season (so a little over a million). the bruins have near infinite cap room this season. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I agree this is not ideal... and I agree that this is the kind of stuff PC goes for. I don't expect Iginla, but I could see a move like this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I've always liked Connolly. Perhaps if the Kelly injury had happened 48 hours earlier the Bruins would have made a deal for David Steckel. Another player that comes to mind would be Jeff Halpern/Glen Metropolit  type.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Tim Connolly currently playing for the Marlies in the AHL. cap hit of 4.75, sent down because he wasn't playing well.

I mentioned him and got lit up. 

And for a good reason!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Connelly has always had some interesting skill, but boy does he seem to be made of glass.  Is Matthew Lombardi available...?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

A very partial history:

2013/01/18 Assigned to Toronto (AHL). 2013/01/17 Placed on waivers by the Toronto Maple Leafs. 2011/11/17 Missed 4 games (upper body injury). 2011/11/08 Upper body injury, injured reserve. 2011/10/27 Missed 8 games (upper body injury). 2011/10/05 Upper body injury, injured reserve. 2011/07/02 Signed as an unrestricted free agent by the Toronto Maple Leafs to a two-year contract. 2011/04/26 Missed the last playoff game (head injury). 2011/02/04 Missed 2 games (hip injury). 2011/01/23 Hip injury, injured reserve. 2011/01/01 Missed 4 games (nasal surgery). 2010/12/27 Nasal surgery, injured reserve. 2010/12/21 Nasal surgery, day-to-day. 2010/12/15 Missed 8 games (groin). 2010/12/09 Groin, injured reserve. 2010/11/23 Groin, day-to-day.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

A very partial history:

2013/01/18 Assigned to Toronto (AHL). 2013/01/17 Placed on waivers by the Toronto Maple Leafs. 2011/11/17 Missed 4 games (upper body injury). 2011/11/08 Upper body injury, injured reserve. 2011/10/27 Missed 8 games (upper body injury). 2011/10/05 Upper body injury, injured reserve. 2011/07/02 Signed as an unrestricted free agent by the Toronto Maple Leafs to a two-year contract. 2011/04/26 Missed the last playoff game (head injury). 2011/02/04 Missed 2 games (hip injury). 2011/01/23 Hip injury, injured reserve. 2011/01/01 Missed 4 games (nasal surgery). 2010/12/27 Nasal surgery, injured reserve. 2010/12/21 Nasal surgery, day-to-day. 2010/12/15 Missed 8 games (groin). 2010/12/09 Groin, injured reserve. 2010/11/23 Groin, day-to-day.

Typo.  I think you meant to say

A very painful history:

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

When Burke signed him a couple of years ago for $9M over three years it was as if you could hear the collective groan of Leaf fans when you tuned in sports radio, television or read The Toronto Star or Sun.  The predominant thought was the Leafs dished out $9 million on a player the Sabres no longer wanted. 

I often listen to Buffalo's WGR 55 and the locals were calling Burke a sucker for signing a guy generally viewed around there as done.  With the Leafs  in 2011/12 he had 36 pts. in 70 games - including 13 goals. In the games I saw he still had pretty good speed so he's ahead of Pandolfo in that department. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

I couldn't think of a better idea to motivate the maple leafs fan base then another trade with the Boston bruins. How many times can chiarelli shear this sheep?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

In response to LoyalBlackNGold's comment:

I couldn't think of a better idea to motivate the maple leafs fan base then another trade with the Boston bruins. How many times can chiarelli shear this sheep?

I think Toronto wont be trading with Boston for another 100 years.

Sections
Shortcuts