Third line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Third line

It sounded like the third line of Kaspars Daugavins-Chris Kelly-Jaromir Jagr played at least well enough to warrant another look. Great game by Bruin's,however i wouldn't agree with this statement,Toronto played there forth line against them,to me that kind of says something,put Peverly back in ,yeah i no he had lousy season,but so did a lot of Bruin's,this is a new season now,and the Daug,looked like a dog,lets see what Peverly can do,some players only perform well in playoffs.I just think Jagr has to have something to work with,

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Third line

Dogman out, Soderberg in. I like more skill with Jagr. Its a waste to stick him with those guys.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

If  the B's can get the 3rd line clicking...look out !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

I would put Peverley in and see if he can pick up his game just like all of the other Bruins did. The playoffs can be a powerful influence on a lot of players. Let's see if it has any influence over Peverley as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Kaspars Daugavins-Chris Kelly-Jaromir Jagr"

Jagr was the only effective player on that line. Kelly played well defesively and Daugavins played safe, that is all I saw from either of them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The B's took it to the Leafs, ruling the ice for 58 minutes.

I cannot understand why anyone would want a change.  We've been lambasting Peverley all season and now, after a 4-1 decisive victory, people want him back in.  You see how dumb that is, right?

Third liner Daugavins played fine.  He made no mistakes that cost any goals.  I don't recall any mistakes he make that even lead to scoring opportunities.  But, you know, people are never happy, so let's bench that guy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I thought Daugavins earned the spot late in the season. 

I was worried they were going to hand the spot to Peverley because he was a veteran; I was glad they didn't.  If not Pevs I thought it might be Soderberg, mostly because everyone loves Swedish Unicorns and we have all heard of their magical skills.  Funny thing, I only heard of the magical skill; I never saw it.  I imagine it might be there, but I would be happy to find that out next year.  I did like that Soderberg seemed capable of handling the size and strength of the NHL.  I would leave him right next to Pevs battling for the 13th forward spot; the right to be the next man up.

Kaspars Daugavins is a 25 yo 6'3" 213 pound forward responsible enough to spend some time on PK units in a pinch.  He is not talked about with high regard for potential like Soderberg, Wheeler and Poulliot, but he seems willing to work.  I thought I saw skill in his game as many Bruins coasted through the final games of the season.  It didn't bother me that he played cautiously in his second career playoff team.  I don't think CJ was telling him, 'we're going to need you to score to win'.  Let this kid play for now, and keep the fire hot beneath Peverley, Soderberg, Kelly and Daugavins.  I believe we will need the 13th Forward eventually, but not right now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I cannot understand why anyone would want a change.  We've been lambasting Peverley all season and now, after a 4-1 decisive victory, people want him back in.  You see how dumb that is, right?

Third liner Daugavins played fine.  He made no mistakes that cost any goals.  I don't recall any mistakes he make that even lead to scoring opportunities.  But, you know, people are never happy, so let's bench that guy.

Agree, you lose a game, then you change it up. No reason to change after a dominating win.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

fluto says peverley is practicing on the third line, kaspars on the fifth line.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

fluto says peverley is practicing on the third line, kaspars on the fifth line.

Not surprising in the least....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

This is the rule that was used to support Carons insertion in the line up and it didn't seem to help him in his quest to hold that spot.I think more is going to be required from the 3rd line if the B's are going to go far and by no means am i criticizing Daugavins but i think if Peverly is on his game he should be in there.The B's won the first game convincingly but a motivated Peverly in my mind would look good in his usual spot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

The 3rd line has not been good for the Bruins the whole season. Pevs, Kelly and Jagr would be the best 3rd line the Bruins have had this season and with Jagr on it the Bruins will score more because this line will have the talent. Dogs played well but you have to play your best in the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I think peverly offers more.  But in a game that we dominated im not making one move other then bone head AF suspension.  

If it aint broke.  Dont fix it.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

This is the rule that was used to support Carons insertion in the line up and it didn't seem to help him in his quest to hold that spot.I think more is going to be required from the 3rd line if the B's are going to go far and by no means am i criticizing Daugavins but i think if Peverly is on his game he should be in there.The B's won the first game convincingly but a motivated Peverly in my mind would look good in his usual spot.

Caron didn't do...anything.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Caron didn't do...anything.

Really? Tell us all what Daugavins has done........ever? I can point to bonehead plays by Daugavins that led to opposition goals and he creates no offense to make up for it........at all. Feel free to elaborate on what mistakes Caron was making when your TV was working up to snuff. He was the only guy who didn't need to clear waivers to go down. If daugavins was such an upgrade over Caron then he would've been playing ahead of him the whole time they were both on the roster. Put down Caron all you like but don't try saying daugavins is better. That's just a lie. Next I suppose you'll tell us Chris Bourque is better. I must admit, you're really upping your game in the comedy department recently. I can't decide if I think it's refreshing or not. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

At the top of their game I would obviously prefer Peverly over Daugavins but it has been quite some time since he has been at the top of his game.  That being said, some players do flip a switch for the playoffs.  If Pev can do this and play like 2011 it will be a great move.  Being up 1-0 on TML in the first round is a good time to try this experiment, if he does poor Daugavins will be back for game 3.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Really? Tell us all what Daugavins has done........ever? I can point to bonehead plays by Daugavins that led to opposition goals and he creates no offense to make up for it........at all. Feel free to elaborate on what mistakes Caron was making when your TV was working up to snuff. He was the only guy who didn't need to clear waivers to go down. If daugavins was such an upgrade over Caron then he would've been playing ahead of him the whole time they were both on the roster. Put down Caron all you like but don't try saying daugavins is better. That's just a lie. Next I suppose you'll tell us Chris Bourque is better. I must admit, you're really upping your game in the comedy department recently. I can't decide if I think it's refreshing or not. 

You want to start again, Dez?  You've been pretty calm towards me.  Do you want to rekindle your silly war?  I'd prefer not to do so, but it's really up to you.

Let me know.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Next thing we know, you'll be telling us about how Caron is a better player in the NHL than the AHL.

Let's not do this. 

It benefits no one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

We thought the cold war was over.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Next thing we know, you'll be telling us about how Caron is a better player in the NHL than the AHL.

Let's not do this. 

It benefits no one.

Grow up man. Not everything is about you or your perceived wrongs. You like the way daugavins defends using "jazz hands" whereas I prefer something more. If you want to try starting something with me then by all means, feel free. I'm not as concerned by that prospect as you might think.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

We thought the cold war was over.  

One co-exists.  Another is always one post from nuclear war.

The above conversation shows how these things happen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Grow up man. Not everything is about you or your perceived wrongs. You like the way daugavins defends using "jazz hands" whereas I prefer something more. If you want to try starting something with me then by all means, feel free. I'm not as concerned by that prospect as you might think.

Read above.  You jump in and instigate.  It doesn't benefit anyone.  It's not about growing up, but more avoiding 200 posts that do nothing more than annoy everyone else here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Hey Shupe, guess which one us has a strained vag?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Read above.  You jump in and instigate.  It doesn't benefit anyone.  It's not about growing up, but more avoiding 200 posts that do nothing more than annoy everyone else here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

Let's not do this. 

It benefits no one.

Maybe I don't benefit.  But I enjoy it.  Please continue.