Third line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Third line

Daugavins was the weak point of the lineup.  With Soderberg and Peverley as options, there's no way he should be in there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

Daugavins was the weak point of the lineup.  With Soderberg and Peverley as options, there's no way he should be in there.

I couldn't agree more sir.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Speaking of sucking...please send a nice warm blanky to Souray, he has to sleep with bags on the flight to Detroit!

Yeah thats the guy you said was done.  Good call on that.  He only avg huge minutes everynight.  Playing on a number 2 team.   You also stated our defense was fine and our top 6 needed no change and johnson was a great number 7.  

You are a liar, straight up. The argument was who was better Wiz or Souray.

You certainly know more than Chiarelli and Julien by keeping the core of the defenseman. It has nothing to do whether or not Bruins like or dislkes Sheldon, the cap is going down with alllot of money commited to the forwards. Plus Rask needs to be re-signed.

Nobody cares about Souray being in a Bruins uniform but you.

Another Epic Fail!

Id like souray here.  Never said i was dying to have him here.  You calling anyone a liar is classic.  Your nose grew more by saying that.  And it wasnt whos better.  I said souray would be comeback player of the year if given a chance and would out pt wiz.  For the money involved as well.  Now souray is on a good team with a very strong year. 

Yup.  Epic fail. 

"You fail to mention that Souray is on a much better team. Wiz just came back from suspension and Carter hasn't been present.  Columbus has no PP and Dallas has been pretty good. Easy for your Souray express and such.Posted by BsLegion

Shup doesn't understand the same amount of games nor does he comprehend that Wiz pulled within half of Sheldon's point totals while having played half the games (nothing to do with the suspension or Carter being out).

I never expected Souray to slow down because he has talent."

Nothing but praise while we debated the difference between the two.

Dallas wasnt a much better team.  They stunk.  the ducks were supposed to be bad this year and are 2nd.   wiz is an ok player.  If i had to choose one i still want souray.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to bobforte2002's comment:

Hey Shuperman, just in case you haven't figured it out only the queer chums whose life is the message board are allowed to offer their opinions as facts and are allowed to be correct.   When you offer up an alternative opinion all the butt boys who post on this board just about as much as they spoon each other, jump all over you. 

Thus I'd offer some advice.  Don't bother.  These guys either all live with their moms or haven't seen a girl naked except on the other window they have open besides this message board on their computers.   Dez, Not a Shot, Chowda and the likes.   What a bunch of clowns. 

Now the fraternal order of losers that post on this board will all attack and back each other up because there opinions are right and everyone elses is wrong.  And to that I say who cares. Only they really do, which is sad at best and pathetic at worst.  Carry on.

Hey Fawkhead! These guys have more knowledge in their willknots compared to that piece of kief you have for a brain. So you actually had a thought? Must've been a long & lonely journey! How did you get on here? Did someone leave your cage open again? So why don't you have a nice cup of shut the fawk up..you'll never be the man your mother is! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What did he do, well, weakly?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

In response to JWensink's comment:

I feel a lot of love in the room

FWIW -  the old duager was shipped out from a team that was a walking mash unit, now he's playing with Jaromir Jagr, who btw has never played on the 3rd line in his life until he came to Boston. Go figure that these issues are even up for debate. What ? Horton or Seguin can't be moved down, but Jaromir freakin Jagr can ? Jagr has been doing magical stuff out there, but he's all alone. At the very least,put Soderberg or Peverly with him and stop reinventing the wheel. Oh yeah, it would be nice to Jagr back next year, - not sure he's feeling great about his role moving forward.

Finally. And a quality post too. I thought I was reading some sort of gloves off Family Feud forum there for a while. Thanks for getting me back on track.

Like you said, Jagr on the third line is just a disgrace. Second maybe, but never on the third. And depending on what happens in these play offs that sort of treatment could lead to him withdrawing his interest in resigning in the summer. Sure the Bs are doing fine after one game but it doesn't bode well IMHO. If Horton and Sequin don't produce tonight I can't see how CJ can justify another Jagr third line game.

You guys are seriously overvaluing Jagr's recent contributions. He's been good for most shifts and a soft giveaway machine on others. He's plays on the 3rd line and takes full 2 minute shifts on the PP. He got more ice time in game 1 than Marchhand. I don't see a problem.

C'mon now... I know you like to toe the company line, but "recent contributions" ?

The man is 6'3" tall and 240 lbs with almost 700 goals and 1000 assists. "Soft give away machine" ? Are you sure you're not talking about #19 ?

We're talking about Jaromir Jagr - maybe you've heard of him, you know ...the one of the best ever in the history of the NHL guy...used to rock the mullet , try youtube -

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I don't think Jagr has any issues with the line he's on. He's coming to the bench laughing and smiling in a play-off game. Doesn't sound like there's a lot of unhappiness coming out of him. I also think that if & when the time comes to move him up a line or two. I don't think CJ will hestitate to do this. I'll be shocked if the B's are down a goal late. Jagr isn't double shifting. This isn't CJ's style, but he's never had a player of Jagr's stature playing for him before. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

You guys are seriously overvaluing Jagr's recent contributions. He's been good for most shifts and a soft giveaway machine on others. He's plays on the 3rd line and takes full 2 minute shifts on the PP. He got more ice time in game 1 than Marchhand. I don't see a problem

C'mon now... I know you like to toe the company line, but "recent contributions" ?

The man is 6'3" tall and 240 lbs with almost 700 goals and 1000 assists. "Soft give away machine" ? Are you sure you're not talking about #19 ?

We're talking about Jaromir Jagr - maybe you've heard of him, you know ...the one of the best ever in the history of the NHL guy...used to rock the mullet , try youtube -

What is "the company line" you speak of? Is it popular opinion that he's had plenty of soft shifts? I didn't realize that was the company line. It's just my opinion but then again I'm watching his actual play and not old videos with stars in my eyes. Describing his play as "magical", it would seem more like it's you who needs to drop the pom-poms. I'm not putting the guy down when I say he's fine with the ice time he's getting. He's playing less than Horton and Lucic. Big whoop. They were in on 3 goals so no wonder they played a little bit more. Jagr was also getting over the flu so I doubt his feelings were really hurt by not getting the most ice time. I bet he wants to be a winner more than he cares about getting the most ice time. Also, I thought it was the 3rd line that PC was trying to address at the deadline so why are people still surprised Jagr ended up playing there? He's a 3rd liner who gets 2nd line ice time.  I'm fine with that. The guy is 41 years old. Lastly, CJ already did a nice job squeezing the best out of a similar aged Recchi not so long ago. I think they'll figure it out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

What is "the company line" you speak of? Is it popular opinion that he's had plenty of soft shifts? I didn't realize that was the company line. It's just my opinion but then again I'm watching his actual play and not old videos with stars in my eyes. Describing his play as "magical", it would seem more like it's you who needs to drop the pom-poms. I'm not putting the guy down when I say he's fine with the ice time he's getting. He's playing less than Horton and Lucic. Big whoop. They were in on 3 goals so no wonder they played a little bit more. Jagr was also getting over the flu so I doubt his feelings were really hurt by not getting the most ice time. I bet he wants to be a winner more than he cares about getting the most ice time. Also, I thought it was the 3rd line that PC was trying to address at the deadline so why are people still surprised Jagr ended up playing there? He's a 3rd liner who gets 2nd line ice time.  I'm fine with that. The guy is 41 years old. Lastly, CJ already did a nice job squeezing the best out of a similar aged Recchi not so long ago. I think they'll figure it out.

[/QUOTE]

Wicked/awesome post Dez! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think Peverley is another Bruin who had a sub par regualar season but will contribute in the post season. I bet he scores a big goal or two.

Lucic, Peverley and Chris Kelly are going to get big goals this post-season and this team is going to go far.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

The 3rd line has been a problem all year. It sure looks like to me Jagr is some hard to play with. There is no straight line in his game. As much as he fools the D his line mates have no idea what,where or when something goin to happen. They look lost specially when Lucic was given the LW assignment He had no idea what to make of it. It's almost like its a fill in minutes don't get scored on line because we need Jagr in the line up for PP & Kelly in the line up for face offs & Pk. Bottom line Jagr is hard to play on a line with & there's no place to put him with other real skilled players then the 3rd

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Positioning, speed, shot, passing.  I feel most of his game is weak by NHL standards.  In particular I found his mental game and ability to find open ice in the attacking zone was weak, and this is a problem when you're playing with Jagr.  I found Soderberg to be much better at this, and he has a much better shot.  Peverley has much better skill and intensity, but he's on his off wing.  I think next game I would play Soderberg, and Peverley would bump Thornton out for a game.  That or stick with Peverley on the third and hope he can adjust to left.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Positioning, speed, shot, passing.  I feel most of his game is weak by NHL standards.  In particular I found his mental game and ability to find open ice in the attacking zone was weak, and this is a problem when you're playing with Jagr.  I found Soderberg to be much better at this, and he has a much better shot.  Peverley has much better skill and intensity, but he's on his off wing.  I think next game I would play Soderberg, and Peverley would bump Thornton out for a game.  That or stick with Peverley on the third and hope he can adjust to left.

Can't see Soderberg getting in,ther line up is what it is,over than the Daug getting back in.