This Is An Outrage

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lafleur1979. Show Lafleur1979's posts

Re: This Is An Outrage

You know what? If you wannna be taken seriously start by taking your pathetic blinders off and think about what might be good for THE GAME, not just what feels good for YOUR bruised and immature tribal FEELINGS on any given night. 

The B's know they've been wronged but Thornton is also the first to realize that his actions have repaired absolutely nothing. They've just made this mess more difficult to untangle. It's easy for some couch potatoe to scream that Thornton has to destroy this guy or that Lucic or Chara must decapitate the other but the reality is that the players themselves have more sense than you do. First, they know that, with the pace of the game today and the way things are getting out of hand, they too can be the next victim of a career-ending cheap shot. Secondly, as the B's recent history proves, they must know that having tough guys on your team is not the way to prevent cheap shots. Doesn't matter if they use their fists or not. It hasn't stopped Matt Cooke or John Scott and it won't stop the next Ulfie. Guys like that need to be suspended for entire seasons then banned for life at the second offense. That's how it would work in any serious professional league. But this one is apparently still desparate to get idiots like yourself suckered into this money-making circus. Fine. Buy into that BS if it makes you feel good or angry or whatever your other petty emotional needs are. But don't even think that you have an ounce of credibility about the game. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Lafleur1979's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But don't even think that you have an ounce of credibility about the game. 

[/QUOTE]

He's the only one who thinks that.  Every single other person here knows he's a joke.

He should get 30 games for this thread.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

"...It hasn't stopped Matt Cooke or John Scott and it won't stop the next Ulfie. Guys like that need to be suspended for entire seasons then banned for life at the second offense. That's how it would work in any serious professional league."

But that's not how it's working.  The upside to Thornton doing what he did is that in the next game or the one after that maybe someone will think twice about a head-hit to, say, Krejci.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

PS, this Pens fan, an honest one is exactly what I am talking about right here. ALWAYS go to the root of the problem. Go to the source. Clearly, Bylsma is behind some of this, too. Fine and suspeend:

scootermojo   20 hours ago (edited)     +paul york do you see Neal's postgame comment? He basically admitted he intentionally did it without saying it. I'm a huge Pens fan...but I can't honestly say they are innocent in all of this and weren't the original catalyst for this whole blow up . The Pens are still pissed about the playoff loss last year to the Bruins...they need to stop acting like children and just let it go. They've done shittt like this in all 3 games so far this season. Thornton needs and will be suspended...but so does Neal and so does Dupuis who broke Chris Kelly's ankle with a slash in this game. Orpik would be gone for the headshot, too, if it wasn't for his de facto suspension by getting concussed. Both teams and plenty of players on both sides are to blame for this fiasco.[/QUOTE]
    Agree, the pens have always done this sort of thing. Just ask Cam Neely. If they are going after other teams stars, maybe the same should be done with crosbie and malkin.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Lafleur1979's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You know what? If you wannna be taken seriously start by taking your pathetic blinders off and think about what might be good for THE GAME, not just what feels good for YOUR bruised and immature tribal FEELINGS on any given night. 

The B's know they've been wronged but Thornton is also the first to realize that his actions have repaired absolutely nothing. They've just made this mess more difficult to untangle. It's easy for some couch potatoe to scream that Thornton has to destroy this guy or that Lucic or Chara must decapitate the other but the reality is that the players themselves have more sense than you do. First, they know that, with the pace of the game today and the way things are getting out of hand, they too can be the next victim of a career-ending cheap shot. Secondly, as the B's recent history proves, they must know that having tough guys on your team is not the way to prevent cheap shots. Doesn't matter if they use their fists or not. It hasn't stopped Matt Cooke or John Scott and it won't stop the next Ulfie. Guys like that need to be suspended for entire seasons then banned for life at the second offense. That's how it would work in any serious professional league. But this one is apparently still desparate to get idiots like yourself suckered into this money-making circus. Fine. Buy into that BS if it makes you feel good or angry or whatever your other petty emotional needs are. But don't even think that you have an ounce of credibility about the game. 

[/QUOTE]

SUper.^^

I am being lectured by a turd Canadiens fan, the very franchise that invented this crap and has never followed the code anyway.

Gutless.

[/QUOTE]

I like the turd canadians fan view more then yours.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

I am sure you do. YOu're one of those NAS fanboys in here who loves Jacobs and Bettman as they walk hand in hand wussyfying the NHL, which breeds this Montreal Canadiens school of gutlessness.

[/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure NAS would disagree.  Im no ones fan boy.  You havent been in this neighborhood long enough to know the difference.  What does giving an opinion have to do with bettman and jacobs?   Montreal in recent yrs has been a diving bunch of weasels.  But in montreal boston hay days the habs were a physical beast.  Montreal this year has a very physical team.  They still flop around but they realized that in order to succeed they had to get tougher.  Boston and Ottawa has throttled them recently.  Your hate for a team is blinding your opinions.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think a key thing here is to separate thoughness for the sake of toughness, from toughness for the sake of winning.

The Bruins are a tough team and I think that remains a priority from fans to players, to management.  But the purpose of all of that still needs to be about winning and making the team better.

I think it is time to face the fact that toughness does very little to deter dirty play or force the Bruins opponents to be more respectful.  If that was the primary goal, than it has been a spectacular failure for the Bruins.  

While being regarded a possibly the 'toughest' team in the league over the past five years, the Bruins have suffered as much or more than anyone from dirty hits.  Their leading scorer in 2010 was run in such a severe and dirty way, it ruined his career.  Their top line winger was taken out of the Stanley Cup final in 2011 by a dirty, illegal hit.  They keep getting concussion after concussion.  The key offseason acquisition, Eriksson, just suffered his second concussion in two months, both from illegal hits.  Marchand, Boychuk, Kelly, Miller -- all felled in the past week by an illegal check.  I see no deterrent.  If we think we have one, it ain't working.

However, the Bruins keep winning.  Two Stanley Cup finals in three years.  One championship.  Relative dominance over our traditional rivals that we haven't seen in decades.  Toughness is a big part of that.  The past week has just been a snap shot of that The Bruins lost the injury battle to Pittsburgh and Montreal.  Boychuk, Eriksson, Kelly, etc all out with injuries.  But they won the games.  I think Thornton was showing the good kind of toughness right up until he hit Orpik while he was on the ground.  It went from smart toughness to dumb toughness fast.

So I say stick with the toughness, but for the right reasons.  It is not about vengeance, getting bullied, the code, policing cheap shots, or scaring opponents.  None of that seems to work anyhow.  It is about being tough to play against and winning games.

So stay tough Bruins.  Be smart about it too.  Keep winning.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Fans who can't take their pom-poms off and look objectively at a situation are useless. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fans who can't take their pom-poms off and look objectively at a situation are useless. 

[/QUOTE]

Sadly, many guys are showing their true colors right now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So I say stick with the toughness, but for the right reasons.  It is not about vengeance, getting bullied, the code, policing cheap shots, or scaring opponents.  None of that seems to work anyhow.  It is about being tough to play against and winning games.

So stay tough Bruins.  Be smart about it too.  Keep winning.

[/QUOTE]

Great post Fletch and I especially agree with this statement - toughnesss should be about winning, and as such I think the best toughness is used in puck battles and separating the opposing team from the puck. I think they used to call it "checking."

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

I am looking for a fix to the problem Bettman and his mindless leadership has created for the league.

[/QUOTE]

Bettman's mindless leadership has turned the NHL into a multi-billion dollar industry.

I wonder if he'd be willing to mindlessly manage my stock portfolio?

Sections
Shortcuts