This is part of the problem

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Re: This is part of the problem

You disagree that the world's best goalie let in a complete dinker? You disagree that Gionta did nothing to score that goal except get hit by the puck and let physics take over?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

the winner was a bad goal to let in by thomas a weak wrister from 35-40 feet should never go in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Bottom line -- no killer instinct. No need to change up the game plan and constanly stop pinching and go into a total defensive shell. If they stay happy with 1 and 2 goal leads going into the 3rd -- they will fail most of the time. Also -- somebody needs to work on faceoffs. Consistantly less than 30%. When you take away meaningless faceoffs between the blue lines the percent is even less.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Some not my fault quote for a guy that was on the ice for both goals....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: This is part of the problem:
    [QUOTE]Bottom line -- no killer instinct. No need to change up the game plan and constanly stop pinching and go into a total defensive shell. If they stay happy with 1 and 2 goal leads going into the 3rd -- they will fail most of the time. Also -- somebody needs to work on faceoffs. Consistantly less than 30%. When you take away meaningless faceoffs between the blue lines the percent is even less.
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]
    Even Bergeron was only 7 out of 23  last night but that won't happen too often.Games like last night magnify the errors.Bottom line is,as a team,they need find a way to win those games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Are we blaming thomas because he didn't steal the win?? They played horribly for most of the third, on their heels. Brickley even intimated that he saw disaster coming before the MTL comeback. Goaltending could have been better but this was a team breakdown entirely. Ference' comment shows me they have the wrong attitude.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Yes, they stopped pinching and just handed the neutral zone to the Habs and then caved on the blueline. That's what really lost the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]the winner was a bad goal to let in by thomas a weak wrister from 35-40 feet should never go in.
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]Bingo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

Honestly, this happens with this team all the time!! The Coach (excited about shootout losses because they "got a point"), etc. You couldn't be more correct.  Losing is bad enough, but when you ACCEPT it and always find the silver lining, you will never get better

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]If they stay happy with 1 and 2 goal leads going into the 3rd -- they will fail most of the time.Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]

This is simply not true... the Bruins, prior to the Montreal game, were something like 17-0-0 when carrying a 2 goal lead into the final period... the team was just carrying out CJ's game plan (which has been successful.)

We lost because we lack finish and heart. Another goal-scorer might fix some things but I don't know what to do about the heart.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

You can't add finish when you go into your kitty by the barndoor D.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

I think you just don't get what hes saying. Hes saying that while what happened was unfortunate, its not likt here were any huge defensive zone breakdowns, and hes correct.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TommyCrockett. Show TommyCrockett's posts

a good sound defensive system is great , but if the system your playing the first two periods is working.,...don't fall back into a defensive shell...part of a good defense is a good offense to keep the opposition on their heels..instead of the B's being on theirs...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If you watch Hab games at all you will see that one of their favorite plays, and this goes back many many years, is to send players to the front of the net and for the player with the puck to shoot it into the fray.It is quite amazing the amount of times the puck goes into the net. It goes in off a stick, leg, arm or any other body part you can think of,but it goes in. Its a strategy that they use to quite alarming effect and not just against the B's. The thing i don't get is that other teams don't try it instead of trying the perfect pass or back to the point for a one timer. As witnessed in the last few B's-Habs games the Habs score alot of goals by just firing the puck or slowly shooting it into the mass of humanity in front of the net.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OntarioBruinsFan. Show OntarioBruinsFan's posts

Well said 50below - I've been following the Bruins since '74 and last night I went to bed, and kept waking up, thinking/remembering the same thing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Well said 50below - I've been following the Bruins since '74 and last night I went to bed, and kept waking up, thinking/remembering the same thing.
    Posted by OntarioBruinsFan[/QUOTE]

I've had many a sleepless night over the last 40 yrs replaying in my head a totally heart crushing goal scored against the B's by the Habs. The hurt never goes away it just dulls a bit. The one little respite was the B's sweep of the Habs in the Habs 100th anniversary season, but other than that its been many sleepless nights over the years.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Are we blaming thomas because he didn't steal the win?? They played horribly for most of the third, on their heels. Brickley even intimated that he saw disaster coming before the MTL comeback. Goaltending could have been better but this was a team breakdown entirely. Ference' comment shows me they have the wrong attitude.
    Posted by niftybear[/QUOTE]

We are blaming Thomas because he gave up an awful goal to let them back in the game, and a ridiculous 50 foot wrist shot in OT, after he didnt see a tough shot for 55 minutes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from weymouth2008. Show weymouth2008's posts

TUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKA

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

This is part of the problem...Panicking B's Fans...That is definitely part of the problem

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Those goals TT gave up camafter they just plain handed MTL the momentum. Had they stuck to plan it would have been a win. Its too easy to blame a goalie for a weak goal and forget his big saves he made earlier. It's also not paying attention to the zone breakdowns, especially nutral zone.

There are more kinds of breakdown than just big giveaways. They had a systems breakdown when they fell back on their heels and gave MTL the neutral zone so easily.