This is the low point of the season: Watch what you say!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

This is the low point of the season: Watch what you say!

At this low point, I'm noting down who is saying what and about whom.

Later on in the year, I'm going to throw it back at you. Be careful. We have too many coaches and GM's on this board.

The wheel is round, and it turns. Most times, if you have nothing good to say - say nothing; you'll be better off for it in the long run.

I'm not happy with the way things are going. I'm sure you are not either. But, this is my team and even if they are losing 15-0, I'm staying to the bitter end. Why? Because the wheel turns and when it comes around, victory tastes so much sweeter.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Re: This is the low point of the season: Watch what you say!

At this low point, I'm noting down who is saying what and about whom.

Later on in the year, I'm going to throw it back at you. Be careful. We have too many coaches and GM's on this board.

The wheel is round, and it turns. Most times, if you have nothing good to say - say nothing; you'll be better off for it in the long run.

I'm not happy with the way things are going. I'm sure you are not either. But, this is my team and even if they are losing 15-0, I'm staying to the bitter end. Why? Because the wheel turns and when it comes around, victory tastes so much sweeter.

Good Points-- but do you really think the curent coach and his system can bring this team a Cup?

I don't

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to This is the low point of the season: Watch what you say!:
    [QUOTE]At this low point, I'm noting down who is saying what and about whom. Later on in the year, I'm going to throw it back at you. Be careful. We have too many coaches and GM's on this board. The wheel is round, and it turns. Most times, if you have nothing good to say - say nothing; you'll be better off for it in the long run. I'm not happy with the way things are going. I'm sure you are not either. But, this is my team and even if they are losing 15-0, I'm staying to the bitter end. Why? Because the wheel turns and when it comes around, victory tastes so much sweeter.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Here's a good one to take note of...it's your own prediction for Tyler Segiun and Patrice Bergeron

Tyler Seguin - 31g 41a 72 points
    Patrice Bergeron - 25g 47a 72 points

Posted by Wheatskins

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Wheatskins, that wheel hasn't moved since 1972, and it's not going anywhere this season either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: This is the low point of the season: Watch what you say!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to This is the low point of the season: Watch what you say! : Here's a good one to take note of...it's your own prediction for Tyler Segiun and Patrice Bergeron Tyler Seguin - 31g 41a 72 points Patrice Bergeron - 25g 47a 72 points Posted by Wheatskins
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Good point JW.
    Unfortunately, I'm not the coach or they'd both be halfway there already.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is the low point of the season: Watch what you say! : Good point JW. Unfortunately, I'm not the coach or they'd both be halfway there already.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

so u are not being careful with those comments against the coach. Contradiction , no?

btw , where did jw get that info about ur predictions on seguin and bergeron

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

[QUOTE]Wheatskins, that wheel hasn't moved since 1972, and it's not going anywhere this season either.  
    Posted by felixwas[/QUOTE]

wheels in the sky keep on turning , i know where the bruins will be tomorro-cupless

just had to say it
    go bruins go!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

This is what I posted before rookie camp...not looking so good for Bergy, Krejci, Chara and Seguin (Bergy, Chara and Krejci on pace for about 75% of what I predicted and Seguin on pace for 65%):

You can burn me alive in April/June, but feel free to help kill the time until rookie camp.

1) 47 wins About right (on pace for 44 wins)

2) Krejci at 85 points Too high (on pace for 66 points)

3) Seguin gets 45 points  Too high (on pace for 29 points)

4) 65 points for Bergeron Too high (on pace for 48 points)

5) Savard at 70 points Before we knew he still had PCS and was going to be out until December (on pace for 20 points)

6) Lucic at 23 goals Too low (on pace for 41 goals)

7) 45 points for Chara Too high (on pace for 33 points)

8) 32 wins for Rask 1/2 Credit  (our #1 is on pace for 38 wins)

9) At least 3 rookies play 25+ games Right on (Seguin, Marchand, McQuaid, and possibly Caron and Kampfer)

10) 10 playoff victories Who knows?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

So, wheat, this is on the record?

The bruins cup is almost full. I dont think alot of people realize that the best defense the best PK doenst happen up overnight, and they have the best goalie. those 3 catagories are the most important thing a team needs to win a cup.

The only thing this team is missing is the ability to bring it every shift, every period, every game. If they play the first period of the caps game, the same way every period...

IF they figure that out. The bruins can (cough*- Will) win the stanley cup this year.

How are they gonna figure it out, i dont know. will they?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]The only thing this team is missing is the ability to bring it every shift, every period, every game.
    Posted by TheShepherd[/QUOTE]

They also need a true #1 winger and better secondary scoring.

And new plans of attack/defense for the PP/PK.

A better #2 defenseman.

Other than those small issues, just add heart and POOF!  A brand new shiny Cup!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is the low point of the season: Watch what you say! : They also need a true #1 winger and better secondary scoring. And new plans of attack/defense for the PP/PK. A better #2 defenseman. Other than those small issues, just add heart and POOF!  A brand new shiny Cup!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I think if they play hard, a winger will emerge and the secondary scoring will pick up. the PP is hit or miss, but if they play with heart, theyll have moe PP chances.
    The #2 defenseman.. ill give you that one.

But these are small issues that can be fixed this year. Could you imagine if the bruins were in last place in goals against.  or we had rick depietro signed for the next 15 years?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is the low point of the season: Watch what you say! : I think if they play hard, a winger will emerge and the secondary scoring will pick up. the PP is hit or miss, but if they play with heart, theyll have moe PP chances. The #2 defenseman.. ill give you that one. But these are small issues that can be fixed this year. Could you imagine if the bruins were in last place in goals against.  or we had rick depietro signed for the next 15 years?
    Posted by TheShepherd[/QUOTE]

They have some decent pieces in place.  I am happy about the goaltending and I'm happy about the #1 defenseman.  I am excited for Lucic.  I am thrilled with Seguin and more than pleased with Marchand and Caron.

I'm down on Krejci as a #1 center and down on any wingers (sic) not wearing 17, 18, or 19 and down.  I like the future of the club, but the present makes me remember to be happy that it's hockey season and be happy for big fat HDTVs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

[QUOTE]the present makes me remember to be happy that it's hockey season
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

indeed, sir.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

1-9-7-2

Word !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Sure do hope this is the low point of the Bruins' season. My fear is it may not be.

I think NAS has it about right--the future looks bright, but the present looks like one of 3 possibilities for the end of 2011:  1) First round KO, likely in 6 games. 2) 2nd round KO, likely in 5 games. 3) DNQ.

My official prediction is for scenario #1.

Feel free to throw it back in my face should I be wrong (and I hope I am on all 3).

Go Bruins!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsNumber4. Show BruinsNumber4's posts

the Bruins have too much money tied up in mediocre talent that doesn't produce consistently and the coaching is awful. seguin needs to be on the ice so he can learn and gain confidence. we are good on goalies. chara has been good but making mistakes lately. too many shots on goal allowed.

save the big money for players that are reliable at, 30 goal or 80 to 100 point seasons. fill the rest of the team with young talent on small or entry level deals and when they have a breakout year all the better. scoring is up in recent years, 20 goals is servicable, not worthy of big reward

my thought and this is just IMO, is that too many bruins players believe themselves to be of equal talent and when they arn't producing they think that they can just sit back and let it come naturally while others step up, sometimes its not a cold streak, sometimes you just arn't that good!!!!

wouldn't hurt either to win more puck battles and score some ugly goals 5 on 5 or even PP. the highlight reel stuff isn't always there and you can't always count on 3 goals in a period to make up for 2 periods of nothing.

Sections
Shortcuts