2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: This is what I was talkin' about. Encore for BookBoy

BTW Canadian : )

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Good morning Dez

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Oh my God.  Since Neil is my favorite musician and favorite Canadian, my head just about exploded...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I saw Neil in Worcester in 2008, opening act was Wilco.  Cortez the Killer is my fav.  Anywho the video montage was fantastic.  Loved the Lucic hits!  

Don't judge me monkey!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

I saw Neil in Worcester in 2008, opening act was Wilco.  Cortez the Killer is my fav.  Anywho the video montage was fantastic.  Loved the Lucic hits!  

Don't judge me monkey!

Great call Isla.  When I'm sitting in front of the computer, zoning out, there's pretty good chance that the guitar riff from Cortez is playing my head.

My favorite Neil show was at Great Woods (don't even know what it is called now).  1996, I think.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Oh my God.  Since Neil is my favorite musician and favorite Canadian, my head just about exploded...

yes he's our Dylan ... well kind of ...
    When I watched it last night and they showed Orr and Schmidt I literally had chills going up and down my spine.  So did BookBoy , never saw him so excited ,  as he was on the GDT last night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Outside of family and real-world stuff, Neil Young and the Bruins are probably my two favorite things so the notion of them coming together, in any form, sends chills down the spine.  That was awesome.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Loved it.  Ron Maclean made some comment about trying for years to get "this guy" to let them use a song for an opening, and he finally relented for the 60th Anniversary of HNIC.  Took about 30 seconds to guess it was going to be Neil (ain't singin' for nobody, makes me look like a joke).  Then it was just a question of which song.  So...I had about five minutes of pure anticipation to get set up for that, and they aced it.  Loved the focus on Lucic - hits that put you into the black - the clear and doubled-up inference that Orr is the King (first paired with Milt, then with Seguin like some grand continuum of Bruin history - not to put Seguin on that pedestal yet, but they used similar passes to make the link), and "once yer gone, you can't come back" over Jagr busting a nugget to make a difference.  Only thing they could have added: this is the story of Johnny Rotten = Marchand (heck, throw Shaw, Bolland, and even Thornton a bone there).

LOVED IT.  Even better now that I now it was the preface to the Bruins grinding the Hawks out in a win.

Are you not entertained?!?!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Loved it.  Ron Maclean made some comment about trying for years to get "this guy" to let them use a song for an opening, and he finally relented for the 60th Anniversary of HNIC.  Took about 30 seconds to guess it was going to be Neil (ain't singin' for nobody, makes me look like a joke).  Then it was just a question of which song.  So...I had about five minutes of pure anticipation to get set up for that, and they aced it.  Loved the focus on Lucic - hits that put you into the black - the clear and doubled-up inference that Orr is the King (first paired with Milt, then with Seguin like some grand continuum of Bruin history - not to put Seguin on that pedestal yet, but they used similar passes to make the link), and "once yer gone, you can't come back" over Jagr busting a nugget to make a difference.  Only thing they could have added: this is the story of Johnny Rotten = Marchand (heck, throw Shaw, Bolland, and even Thornton a bone there).

LOVED IT.  Even better now that I now it was the preface to the Bruins grinding the Hawks out in a win.

Love some of the subtle themes built into these intros, and I also noticed the apparent segue from Orr to Seguin with the passing.

Good for Neil in waiving his anti-commercial usage stance for the right moment.

The Karma Police intro was fantastic too and while the themes may not have been quite so subtle, showing Iginla within the karma theme was delightful.  So was Thom Yorke repeating "this is what you'll get, when you mess us" with many shots of the more burly Bruins and Crosby getting knocked around.  Perhaps there is a Bruin fan behond the keyboard there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

yes he's our Dylan ... well kind of ...[/QUOTE]

Dylan is a great songwriter but not a good singer at all. Neil is both!

Unplugged DVD is a must have! If "Harvest Moon" can't make you relax then you don't deserve too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

[QUOTE]Oh my God.  Since Neil is my favorite musician and favorite Canadian, my head just about exploded...

Unplugged DVD is a must have! If "Harvest Moon" can't make you relax then you don't deserve too.

[/QUOTE]

Awesome clip!

I love them both.  But Dylan can do no wrong.  And I think his singing is perfect for his songs.  As is Neils.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I thought it was a very nice touch having Neil's dad incorporated into the clip (He was the HNIC host waaaaay back in the day).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]Oh my God.  Since Neil is my favorite musician and favorite Canadian, my head just about exploded...

[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you Dog. The only time I can listen to Dylan is if he's singing with Tom Petty. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Kel, if you want a different twist on Cortez the Killer listen to the Built to Spill version.  Pretty tight sound.  Nothing like Neil but......

Don't judge me monkey!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Just watched it again, and forgot to mention two other things I liked.  On the Lucic hit on Keith, someone is yelling - fear in their voice - "he's right behind you!" and I swear the line is now "Rask never sleeps!"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to schlich's comment:

[QUOTE]

yes he's our Dylan... well kind of ...[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Awesome clip!

I love them both.  But Dylan can do no wrong.  And I think his singing is perfect for his songs.  As is Neils.

[/QUOTE]

I agree wholeheartedly. I don't know how anyone could say Dylan can't sing if they've heard "Sweetheart Like You "

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Just watched it again, and forgot to mention two other things I liked.  On the Lucic hit on Keith, someone is yelling - fear in their voice - "he's right behind you!" and I swear the line is now "Rask never sleeps!"

Good observations.  Not sure about 'Rask never sleeps', but I do like the shout at Keith to watch out.  Is is possible that's real audio from Crawford?

The lines "the King is gone but not forgotten" matching up with Orr is cool, but I also like how the mentions of Johnny Rotten actually match up with the punk-looking fans with painted faces.  A whole heck of a lot of thought went into this.  Love it.

Another good cover version of Cortez is by The Insurgency.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

yes he's our Dylan ... well kind of ...
    When I watched it last night and they showed Orr and Schmidt I literally had chills going up and down my spine.  So did BookBoy, never saw him so excited ,  as he was on the GDT last night.

[/QUOTE]

What about Gordon Lightfoot and Robbie Robertson? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Good observations.  Not sure about 'Rask never sleeps', but I do like the shout at Keith to watch out.  Is is possible that's real audio from Crawford?

The lines "the King is gone but not forgotten" matching up with Orr is cool, but I also like how the mentions of Johnny Rotten actually match up with the punk-looking fans with painted faces.  A whole heck of a lot of thought went into this.  Love it.

Another good cover version of Cortez is by The Insurgency.

Fletch, are you familiar with the Mynah Birds? it was a short lived band featuring Neil with Rick James. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crm7gqK0OeY

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Gord's a national treasure, but a little too safe for my taste - always was.  You'd never hear a line like "milk blood to keep from runnin' out" in a Gord song.  Robbie and the rest of The Band I admire but never got the bug.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Fletch, are you familiar with the Mynah Birds? it was a short lived band featuring Neil with Rick James. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crm7gqK0OeY

Not familiar with the music, but recall reading about it in one of Neil's biographies (Shakey?).  Crazy.  They've have unearthed recordings of Neil with some very strange partners in the 60's -- Beach Boys, Charlie Manson, Rick James, etc.

It's funny because I just came across Richey Furay (founder member of Buffalo Springfield) a few weeks ago as he is the Pastor of a Church (you read that right) in the same Denver suburbwhere I work (Broomfield).  Had so many questions.  Asked none of them except "how's it goin?"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Finally broke down and spent the $10 for Buffalo Springfield Again on iTunes the other day.  I haven't had the whole album on anything but vinyl for ... well, let's not go there.

Sections
Shortcuts