this just in...seids out, corvo in

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

this just in...seids out, corvo in

just reported that #44 is treating an infection sustained from a blade cut during saturday's game. listed as day to day. "oh no joe" is in, and we'll see if he learned anything watching from the rafters. d first corvo, let the forwards make pretty passes. stick to the game plan and don't try to do too much. why am i now nervous to watch tonights game? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: this just in...seids out, corvo in

Does anyone else wish that Mattau was going to be playing?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

How bad does Mottau look in practice that Cough it Up Corvo is in????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i'd settle for the new and more "well rounded" ray bourke thank you very much. even though his shifts would be about 12 seconds long, i'm certain he wouldn't serve one up on a platter for the opposing team. sigh, how can mottau be worse than corvo... really? it's clode showing his loyalty to his longer tenured guys. i get it.  probably trying to get him to gain confidence before the playoffs start. corvo's the only player this season i would call a dissapointment. not rising to expectations. now watch the guy lead the d-men in playoff points, you know, like that guy kaberle we all gave such a hard time to last season. that would be a pleasant surprise.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Well, this is likely Corvo's last chance to prove he belongs. Let's hope he makes the best of it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Giesse. Show Giesse's posts

In Response to Re: this just in...seids out, corvo in:
    [QUOTE]Well, this is likely Corvo's last chance to prove he belongs. Let's hope he makes the best of it.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

This it my take, he's playing either way.  Good luck to him, and to the Bruins.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

after further thought... we all do realize that corvo will have a 3 point night tonight, right? this has been the pattern the past couple seasons. a guy struggles real bad, gets brought to the gallows, and then proceeds to do everything we say he couldn't, shutting us up for a couple weeks. here's to corvo continuing this trend.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

One last shot for Corvo to show he can round-out the edges of his square-peg game and get it to fit into the Bruins' round-hole system.

Just before he started getting scratched, I thought he had a few games where he looked a lot more settled in his play (I don't remember any of the glaring plays that characterised too much of his season).  I have hope.  Slim hope.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I have no problem with Corvo. He was just fine with the Bruins were playing at a high level earlier in the year, he should be just fine now. He's not as bad as everyone makes him out to be. It's great to have someone as good as him as spare to fill in for Seidenberg. Makes me feel warm in side to know we have that level of depth.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Why not try out Krug for tonight? I mean, let's see what he's got and how much worse than Corvo can he be? 

What do you guys think?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Well, this is likely Corvo's last chance to prove he belongs. Let's hope he makes the best of it.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

Will do good to see how competition between D works out for Corvo.  It's working upfront.
    Right now Zanon has been good defensively and as for the point on the PP Rolston has done well along with the return of Peverley .  It's no wonder Corvo has been a scratch.  I'm just glad they don't have to go fish someone from Providence that clearly are not NHL ready.  Nice to have this depth.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Why not try out Krug for tonight? I mean, let's see what he's got and how much worse than Corvo can he be?  What do you guys think?
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

The Bruins can clinch a playoff spot tonight and all but lockup second spot. May be a little too much to ask a guy who was playing in the NCAA tournament 5 days ago to step right into that kind of game right out the gate. Clinch it, then maybe give him some time the last five games to spell off any D that may be a bit b*nged up.

(And how the heck are we not allowed to say b*nged on a hockey site?)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Since Krug can't participate in the playoffs, and Corvo held down that spot for months, I'm cool with this. I was screaming for Claude to rotate through the D in the last two weeks of the regular season last year in order to give some rest, and he never did. Shows how much I know. Turned out fine, didn't it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: this just in...seids out, corvo in:[QUOTE] Just before he started getting scratched, I thought he had a few games where he looked a lot more settled in his play (I don't remember any of the glaring plays that characterised too much of his season).  I have hope.  Slim hope. Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

I agree but me thinks Julien had just seen enough and Zanon is more physical so "Uh oh" had to sit. I expect Mottau to get a few spot starts before the end of the season as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Seids gets some rest which may help his game come playoff time.

Corvo gets some playing time and the opportunity to get some confidence back which may help if he is called upon down the road.

Why not dress 7 D-men and reduce Chara's minutes so that he gets some rest and everyone can stay fresh

2 more starts for Turco (or Rask if he's ready). 1 against NYI and last game od the season against BUF

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I don't mind Corvo's game when he's on.  But, those tatoo's gotta go.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I don't think Crafty anyone has put all of it on Corvo's shoulders. Scape goat is pretty heavy description. But I would say that we have all pointed out the mistakes he has made as well deserving as when everyone was riding Timmy a week ago. At least we have a back up feeling of when they played well to warm us back up. I don't think we have enough stellar play from Corvo to warrant him easily getting a second chance with many of us. So if we believe like the pundits he is out by next season that is not blaming him for the poor play but an honest analysis that he does not belong.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I wouldn't mind seeing Corvo play if he was capable of hitting people, hitting the net, hitting the stick on passes, taking a hit, or keeping the puck in the zone.

But he can't do any of that. Was kinda hopping to see what Krugg's got.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

I've got a really bad feeling about this...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Kind of a side note, but Im surprised Krugg signed here.  I think that he would have a better chance to play somewhere else.  If I'm Krugg and my options are : be a 9th defenseman on a good team or a sixth defenseman on a bad one, im choosing the latter.  That way, I can try to play myself into a contract.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I mean, I dont even think that Krugg will be more than a seventh defenseman next year.

Chara, Seids, Boychuck, Hamilton, Ference, McQuaid.

25. This post has been removed.