This Place Is Starting to Suck

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: This Place Is Starting to Suck

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Isn't this virtually the same team that in the first round to the Caps last year?  I mean, absent the two-time Vezina winning goalie?  That team clocked 102 regular season points, good for a second-seed and still got bounced by the 7th-seed.  Also, remember that team making a 3rd-string goalie look like the 2nd coming of Ken Dryden.

My take is that posters are happy with the fast start from the team, but are trying to translate what they are seeing into playoff success.  Some posters just make zero sense.  But everyone is entitled to their opinion and individual point-of-view.

Creating a thread to complain about the complainers/complaining = complaining.  I'd rather talk about the team rather than other posters.

It's also a team that has 17 players who were here when the B's won the Stanley Cup.  Only Hamilton, Pandolfo and Khudobin weren't here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

You know what really sucks, besides this self absorbed, ego driven, I'm one of the good fans, please like me threads. It's the few on this site who constantly feel the need to pass judgement on other posts.This is a hockey forum, not a fan board. There will always be pros and cons. Passionate fans voice their concerns. Insecure judgemental types, That really makes it Suck. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Even in victory, people are complaining. 

Like Sox and Pats fans, B's fans (here at least) can't live without crying.

We're getting dedicated threads about first line players who have a tough game.  We're getting people who are upset that the real time stats say they didn't play well...despite the scoreboard.  We are watching a top team in the conference and people want to break up the top lines.

And more...

It's just pure stupidity.  I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.

Agreed...........Those who are guilty of that stuff dont know or understand hockey

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

People judge other posters all the time, JW.  NAS just does it with a certain style.  But it's always funny to see 30 posts telling him what a dooosh is he after he points out that people are over-reacting to something, then go to another thread where someone suggests moving Ference to the first D pair or somehting and the same 30 people jump down that guy's throat.  Just, you know, with less flair.  BadHab's taking it on the Soderberg threads in exactly this way, and half the people kicking him around would plotz if NAS was the first to have piled on. 

Complaining about people complaining about other people's complaining - freakin' inception around here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

It's Boston. We're the worst fans in the universe, have been for 100 years. People moan if the Sox don't go 162-0 or if Brady throws for under 300 yards in a rout...or Nathan Horton pulls a Claude Rains in a regular season win. I'm comfortable with it.

What makes this place "start" to suck now? No different than it's ever been in here.

Still the best place to come and get my hockey, regardless if the sky is about to fall or not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Isn't this virtually the same team that in the first round to the Caps last year?  I mean, absent the two-time Vezina winning goalie?  That team clocked 102 regular season points, good for a second-seed and still got bounced by the 7th-seed.  Also, remember that team making a 3rd-string goalie look like the 2nd coming of Ken Dryden.

My take is that posters are happy with the fast start from the team, but are trying to translate what they are seeing into playoff success.  Some posters just make zero sense.  But everyone is entitled to their opinion and individual point-of-view.

Creating a thread to complain about the complainers/complaining = complaining.  I'd rather talk about the team rather than other posters.

Yes!  Well said. 

Everybody knows you are either getting better of worse, there is no standing still.  Getting worse is a slippery slope to being average.  I'd rather they were getting better. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

It's Boston. We're the worst fans in the universe, have been for 100 years. People moan if the Sox don't go 162-0 or if Brady throws for under 300 yards in a rout...or Nathan Horton pulls a Claude Rains in a regular season win. I'm comfortable with it.

What makes this place "start" to suck now? No different than it's ever been in here.

Still the best place to come and get my hockey, regardless if the sky is about to fall or not.

I'd say worst fans title goes to Philly. I'm not sure where Boston fans rank but the Pink Hats that are creeping up in the Bruins fanbase and are fully entrenched in "Red Sox Nation" and  Patriot fan base have brought it down a notch or two.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

You know what really sucks, besides this self absorbed, ego driven, I'm one of the good fans, please like me threads. It's the few on this site who constantly feel the need to pass judgement on other posts.This is a hockey forum, not a fan board. There will always be pros and cons. Passionate fans voice their concerns. Insecure judgemental types, That really makes it Suck. 

BRAVO!  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to red75's comment:

I'm in an open relationship, but not that open.

That's weak.  How about you Shupe?

WOW! LMAO...Thx you 2 that made my morning!!

Shupe's a Maritimer we're used to helping people that are stuck!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

We're getting dedicated threads about first line players who have a tough game.  We're getting people who are upset that the real time stats say they didn't play well...despite the scoreboard.  We are watching a top team in the conference and people want to break up the top lines.

And more...

Well... There is no denying the Bruins don't put teams away when they have the chance and that leads to things like the games against Washington and Montreal, its tough to win consistently that way, that's my only gripe

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

Well... There is no denying the Bruins don't put teams away when they have the chance and that leads to things like the games against Washington and Montreal, its tough to win consistently that way, that's my only gripe

The score doesn't matter as long as the B's have more goals than the other team.

Winning consistently is difficult in general.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I would rather be a complaining Bruins fan who wants more, than a rose-coloured TO fan who thinks everything is awesome and buys his overpriced Kessel and Optimus Reim jersey and then, come playoff time, wonders why their team is not in the playoffs. Oh well, there's always next season.

By the way, the tears of the crying Bud fans this morning are delicious.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The whole problem with bringing up the Washington loss is that there is no way to insulate yourself against puck luck, cold streaks or the hockey gods.  No team is perfect.  The best option any team has is to build a model for how best to use the talent it has.  You can have all the talent in the world and still lose to a team that has half the talent but all the momentum.  More talent doesn't always mean more success in the playoffs, but it often means more success in the regular season which can help set you up for the playoffs.

Look at Calgary in the 90s.  They finally broke through and won a Cup in '89, Gretzky and Coffey were both gone from the Oilers, and they had a roster led by a slew of Hall of Famers - Gilmour, Nieuwendyk, Mullen, MacInnis - and guys who might have been HoF under slightly different circumstances like Sergei Makarov and Gary Roberts (neck injuries cost him three of his prime years - when he was scoring between 38-51 goals per year - so it's not hard to think he would have cracked 500 goals and 1000 points, and maybe 3000 Pims).  Oh, and three time Cup winning goalie Mike Vernon, though I never thought of him as truly a top notch goalie even if he did win a Conn Smythe.

Calgary didn't win a playoff series for years after their Cup win.  Fleury cracked 50 goals two years after the Cup win, and that still meant a first round exit.  Things started to unravel three years later when they traded Gilmour and then future playoff talisman Matteau, partly because they didn't want to pay Gilmour given that the team was failing in the playoffs.  Five years later, the team was almost completely turned over, with guys like Robert Reichel now in top 6 roles, Fleury as the face of the Franchise, Suter gone to Harford for Zalapski, MacInnis for Housley, and after the work stoppage, Nieuwendyk for Iginla.  A rebuilding move.  You wonder if they could have made a few smaller, smarter moves to support that talented core rather that let Fletcher shuffle the deck trying to make big moves to upgrade the talent when talent wasn't the problem.

So given that no team is perfect, a little realism in balancing what a great team the Bruins are with the places where they're not firing on all cylinders would be nice.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

and to sum up in jm's terms - "wanting more" has its limits.  If, in wanting more, you screw up what you already have, you burn.  Building what the Bruins have is like Jenga - you can say you want to keep building a taller tower, but you have to move peices from the foundation to do it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Book, it is winning  the cup that trumps everything else. I would rather PC and CJ try anything to win it then do nothing and wonder what could have been done.

This is a forum, everyone has the right to express their opinion no matter how bizarre that opinion may be. If you don't like the topic of some of the threads then don't read or post on them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If the players believe in their team then most of what is said in this forum is just blunderbuss! I think the Bs should win each game.  The players believe so too.  As a fan, being critical is natural with those circumstances.  The forum does get a bit over the top though, especially when a 19 year old gets bashed for learning the game.   The extremes are maddening.   "Roses and wine, Thorns and vinegar".   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

and to sum up in jm's terms - "wanting more" has its limits.  If, in wanting more, you screw up what you already have, you burn.  Building what the Bruins have is like Jenga - you can say you want to keep building a taller tower, but you have to move peices from the foundation to do it.

Great point's Book, your first post as well.

What I'm looking for is tweaks, not messing with the core. 

However, looking ahead a little, there may need to be an adjustment to the core prior to next year, so maybe you can accomplish two things by identifying what the teams needs now and moving a core piece that won't fit next year.  Looking at the third line right now as something that could be moved.  Two and three years of Peverley and Kelly respectively at 3+ Million is hard to justify now, and/or Nathan Horton is not a safe bet to be here next year given the economics.  So, like moving Mark Stuart and Wheeler did, maybe a significant trade can accomplish a present need, and address future concerns. 

Unless, of course, everything is rosy in Bruinland in which case everyone can just sit back and enjoy the ride.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

The whole problem with bringing up the Washington loss is that there is no way to insulate yourself against puck luck, cold streaks or the hockey gods.  No team is perfect.  The best option any team has is to build a model for how best to use the talent it has.  You can have all the talent in the world and still lose to a team that has half the talent but all the momentum.  More talent doesn't always mean more success in the playoffs, but it often means more success in the regular season which can help set you up for the playoffs.

Look at Calgary in the 90s.  They finally broke through and won a Cup in '89, Gretzky and Coffey were both gone from the Oilers, and they had a roster led by a slew of Hall of Famers - Gilmour, Nieuwendyk, Mullen, MacInnis - and guys who might have been HoF under slightly different circumstances like Sergei Makarov and Gary Roberts (neck injuries cost him three of his prime years - when he was scoring between 38-51 goals per year - so it's not hard to think he would have cracked 500 goals and 1000 points, and maybe 3000 Pims).  Oh, and three time Cup winning goalie Mike Vernon, though I never thought of him as truly a top notch goalie even if he did win a Conn Smythe.

Calgary didn't win a playoff series for years after their Cup win.  Fleury cracked 50 goals two years after the Cup win, and that still meant a first round exit.  Things started to unravel three years later when they traded Gilmour and then future playoff talisman Matteau, partly because they didn't want to pay Gilmour given that the team was failing in the playoffs.  Five years later, the team was almost completely turned over, with guys like Robert Reichel now in top 6 roles, Fleury as the face of the Franchise, Suter gone to Harford for Zalapski, MacInnis for Housley, and after the work stoppage, Nieuwendyk for Iginla.  A rebuilding move.  You wonder if they could have made a few smaller, smarter moves to support that talented core rather that let Fletcher shuffle the deck trying to make big moves to upgrade the talent when talent wasn't the problem.

So given that no team is perfect, a little realism in balancing what a great team the Bruins are with the places where they're not firing on all cylinders would be nice.

Great Post Book. Even though I was never a Vernon fan he still made 3 of the biggest O.T saves I've ever seen in 89 against the Canucks. Then McLean returned the favor 5 seasons later. The difference was McLean's was in game 1. Vernon's was in game 7. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Bs are doing awesome and fans are just nitpicking. That's what they do. I don't have any problem with the first 2 lines and Marchand is playing his tuckus off.

I'm usually the homer complaining about the other team, not our own.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Horton is sucking the life out of the 1st line

Bourque and Pandolfo on the 3rd line , really?

Seguin had moments of don't hit me-itus

Ference continues to throwup on himself

Rask is still unproven, though he may

Chara, Bergeron and Krejci totally suck on the PP

B's sometimes playing not to lose with a lead = losing

All valid concerns - not crying or complaining

Pretty sure that's why a place like this exists - it's a forum, not a cheerleading page

Anybody want Byron Bitz or Joe Corvo back? No??? crybabies

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

And more...

And we have this one poster who is never happy!!  Don't you now understand why we don't appreciate it when our posts are critiqued in such a negative manner??

I hope you stick around though, seriously this place is still great even through the annoyances.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

There's a difference in pointing out flaws and making suggestions on what to do about those as a means of having good hockey talk, and just plain whining. Seems like people are lumping it all together.

I love this team. I think they'll go far. I enjoy watching their games. I would like to see what happens if Krejci should center the third line for a few games. None of those opinions are at odds.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Horton is sucking the life out of the 1st line

Bourque and Pandolfo on the 3rd line , really?

Seguin had moments of don't hit me-itus

Ference continues to throwup on himself

Rask is still unproven, though he may

Chara, Bergeron and Krejci totally suck on the PP

B's sometimes playing not to lose with a lead = losing

All valid concerns - not crying or complaining

Pretty sure that's why a place like this exists - it's a forum, not a cheerleading page

Anybody want Byron Bitz or Joe Corvo back? No??? crybabies

Highlighted your best.  Don't-hit-me-itus is an instant classic!