This Place Is Starting to Suck

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: This Place Is Starting to Suck

Amen to the message here, and to the amorous posters above.  Apparently sifting through the posts of whining idiots is an aphrodisiac...

Every season will feature some bad losses, a few losing streaks, slumps by certain players, ugly mistakes, etc. etc.  Count on it.

But then you should take a look at the big picture, and in this case, say 'wow, that's outstanding record'.

P.S., Red, I could totally switch you over...;)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonBruin. Show DonBruin's posts

This is my first post. I have been reading this board for about a year.

I must agree with Not-A-Shot. This board has definitely changed. This Bruins team doesn't deserve a vast majority of the petty criticisms posted. This Bruins team is in every game and wins more than their share of games. It can be said that the only time they every lose is when they allow the opposition the time and space to play.

I enjoy watching the Bruins and will continue to watch them with all their flaws, be they real or imagined.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

edit

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to JWensink's comment:

Horton is sucking the life out of the 1st line

Bourque and Pandolfo on the 3rd line , really?

Seguin had moments of don't hit me-itus

Ference continues to throwup on himself

Rask is still unproven, though he may

Chara, Bergeron and Krejci totally suck on the PP

B's sometimes playing not to lose with a lead = losing

All valid concerns - not crying or complaining

Pretty sure that's why a place like this exists - it's a forum, not a cheerleading page

Anybody want Byron Bitz or Joe Corvo back? No??? crybabies

So you want to come here to a forum to voice your concerns and nobody should disagree with them or question you in any way? Yeah, it's everyone else who are crybabies. Get back to me after you find out what irony means. I won't bother waiting for you to get hockey figured out. That's apparently hopeless.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

So you want to come here to a forum to voice your concerns and nobody should disagree with them or question you in any way? Yeah, it's everyone else who are crybabies. Get back to me after you find out what irony means.

Typical Wensink.  Send him back to the kids table, the adults are talking.

...Here comes the tantrum...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I agree w/ this but please is a place for people to voice their opinions, if you don't like them don't read them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

I agree w/ this but please is a place for people to voice their opinions, if you don't like them don't read them.

Exactly

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Horton is sucking the life out of the 1st line

Bourque and Pandolfo on the 3rd line , really?

Seguin had moments of don't hit me-itus

Ference continues to throwup on himself

Rask is still unproven, though he may

Chara, Bergeron and Krejci totally suck on the PP

B's sometimes playing not to lose with a lead = losing

All valid concerns - not crying or complaining

Pretty sure that's why a place like this exists - it's a forum, not a cheerleading page

Anybody want Byron Bitz or Joe Corvo back? No??? crybabies

So you want to come here to a forum to voice your concerns and nobody should disagree with them or question you in any way? Yeah, it's everyone else who are crybabies. Get back to me after you find out what irony means.

Disagreement is fine, it's what a hockey forum is supposed to be. I welcome any questions about anything I've stated as concerns regarding the success of this club, If you disagree - then say so. Calling anyone out for what is perceived to be whining and not supporting the home team isn't disagreeing. Were the opinions about Corvo complaints about a winning team? Were the complaints about Bitz or Blake Wheeler whining about a winning team ? What's "ironic" is that being one sided is now self described as a "good poster" or someone who is more well informed. What's not "ironic" is that you and Fletch the liar ain't smart enough to see the difference, but that won't stop you from attacking anyone who 'disagrees' - pretty sure that works under the "irony" heading. 

Yay, I'm a good B's fan, I don't cry and ruin the forum for everybody. Yay ...please like me 

I suppose my disagreeing will be labeled as a tantrum - more "irony"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to JWensink's comment

Disagreement is fine, it's what a hockey forum is supposed to be. I welcome any questions about anything I've stated as concerns regarding the success of this club, If you disagree - then say so. Calling anyone out for what is perceived to be whining and not supporting the home team isn't disagreeing. Were the opinions about Corvo complaints about a winning team? Were the complaints about Bitz or Blake Wheeler whining about a winning team ? What's "ironic" is that being one sided is now self described as a "good poster" or someone who is more well informed. What's not "ironic" is that you and Fletch the liar ain't smart enough to see the difference, but that won't stop you from attacking anyone who 'disagrees' - pretty sure that works under the "irony" heading. 

Yay, I'm a good B's fan, I don't cry and ruin the forum for everybody. Yay ...please like me 

I suppose my disagreeing will be labeled as a tantrum - more "irony"

Stop questioning me! Stop questioning me! Stop questioning me! Stop questioning me! Stop questioning me! Stop questioning me! Stop questioning me! Stop questioning me! Stop questioning me! Stop questioning me! Stop questioning me! Stop questioning me! Stop questioning me! Stop questioning me! Stop questioning me! Stop questioning me! Stop questioning me! Stop questioning me! Stop questioning me! Stop questioning me!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Here's a post from the jag off who wonders why people feel the need to question and criticize other poster opinions...........oh the irony is in the fact he claims to know what irony is.

Re: Julen Haters: What are the facts?

posted at 11/8/2010 4:37 PM EST

• JWensink
    • First: 8/12/2009
    • Last: 3/8/2013

In Response to Re: Julen Haters: What are the facts?:
    "I shouldn't over-state anymore that he doesn't shorten the bench at all." You don't have to becuase with the talent that Chiarelli is assembling Julien will either be his stubborn self not shorten the bench not get a cup with that talent then be fired. PC will have no choice in time especially if Julien loses another game where he is out coached by the likes of Laviolette and Maurice. When I see Julien starts solving the 2 man forecheck that might be a start to a  cahange I'd like to see. Hopefully Neely can chime on if Chiarelli won't.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Well said SanDog...these are comments that knowledgeable and insightful FANs would appreciate. It's a fair and valid assessment of past performance behind the bench...obvious to the unbiased. Only a know nothing, arrogant, clam strip with an inferiority complex and a low hockey IQ could disagree.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Book, it is winning  the cup that trumps everything else. I would rather PC and CJ try anything to win it then do nothing and wonder what could have been done.

This is a forum, everyone has the right to express their opinion no matter how bizarre that opinion may be. If you don't like the topic of some of the threads then don't read or post on them.

It's a common mistake to think that having a right to express your opinion absolves you from criticism in a public forum.  Doesn't the underlined also apply to having an opinion on what other people say?  On the direction of conversations that you think are based on specious logic?  And if not, then why is this kind of comment never directed at the legion of people on this thread where the subject is criticizing other threads?

I look at it like this.  The Bruin team is more than the sum of its parts; that the chemistry between players and the culture they've created is more important than the talent level of individual players; that they have a great regular season record because they have a formula that works, and while you might like the Detroit formula or the Pittsburgh formula better, the only formulas that are getting better results right now is the one in Chicago and Anaheim.  You can criticize what you don't like about the parts until you're blue in the face, but the total package is 15-3-3 with the best goals differential in the Eastern Conference.  You can look at a guy like Bobby Ryan and say "oooo he's soooo much dreamier than Horton..." and yeah, in the abstract, he's a better player.  Does he fit in with the Bruin system?  Do you have to pay him significantly more, making it difficult to keep the same level of player elsewhere in the lineup?  There's a reason PC keeps making moves you didn't see coming like Kelly and Peverley and Seidenberg. He knows what they're looking for in terms of player attributes and what they can afford given their roster planning.  I may not like that he keeps trying to find a smurf with a degree to play on the blueline, but there's a method to his madness and it's not find the best player available and go get him, then deal with the fallout. 

Yeah winning the Cup trumps everything, and the recent cup win that included everyone's favourite trade bait (Ryder), two guys who are taking heat now (Kelly and Peverley) and a guy taking heat now who scored a slew of huge goals in that playoff run (Horton) would, you'd think, convince people to hold off making glue of the guys who are still here because they're having slower starts or off games in a hugely successful first half of the season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I agree with this, but it's not that easy.  We have some really smart fans here and we can all learn from reading and interacting.  It gets difficult when you're cutting through stupid threads because a guy took a game off, or two games off, or a shift off.

It's difficult when a thread that was created to discuss Lucic's play turns into "I want Iginla" and 30 posts follow that discussing irrelevant trade ideas.

It's difficult when the team wins and you want to virtually hang out with your friends/other fans and you have to get past a "Horton Disappeared" thread and posts about how they had no answer for the size of the Leafs.

It's difficult when you're happy about a victory, but people bring you down anyway.

That's what I want to see stop. 

Listen, I go to a lot of Panthers games.  That team is full of complaints.  This Bruins team is awesome.  Let's enjoy it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I agree with this, but it's not that easy.  We have some really smart fans here and we can all learn from reading and interacting.  It gets difficult when you're cutting through stupid threads because a guy took a game off, or two games off, or a shift off.

It's difficult when a thread that was created to discuss Lucic's play turns into "I want Iginla" and 30 posts follow that discussing irrelevant trade ideas.

It's difficult when the team wins and you want to virtually hang out with your friends/other fans and you have to get past a "Horton Disappeared" thread and posts about how they had no answer for the size of the Leafs.

It's difficult when you're happy about a victory, but people bring you down anyway.

That's what I want to see stop. threads started

Listen, I go to a lot of Panthers games.  That team is full of complaints.  This Bruins team is awesome.  Let's enjoy it!

NAS I agree but you should never let anything written here dampen a victory. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Book, it is winning  the cup that trumps everything else. I would rather PC and CJ try anything to win it then do nothing and wonder what could have been done.

This is a forum, everyone has the right to express their opinion no matter how bizarre that opinion may be. If you don't like the topic of some of the threads then don't read or post on them.

It's a common mistake to think that having a right to express your opinion absolves you from criticism in a public forum.  Doesn't the underlined also apply to having an opinion on what other people say?  On the direction of conversations that you think are based on specious logic?  And if not, then why is this kind of comment never directed at the legion of people on this thread where the subject is criticizing other threads?

I have no problem with tough debate and I even encourage it. I also have no problem with anyone posting anything relevent to hockey on these boards no matter how ridiculous I may personally find it. On public forums you take the bad with the good and no one forces anyone to read or comment on them. This thread is an excellent example......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

if this place sucks, then I have some nice webspace for you at the NY Post....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

That's what I want to see stop. 

Haha...toughen up buttercup. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

We will survive.

BlueChip99

In response to Bluechip's comment:

you've always kind of made this place suck a little bit more

bostonfan191646

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Here! An anonymous friend.

It smells NAS.  loll

BlueChip99

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Virtual boys , it's virtual .  Who cares !  Before the Bruins won the cup, before the Bruins were that no1 seed, you should have seen this forum then.   Now those were hard times on this forum.  Even NAS was created at the brink of another failed season hence Not-A-Shot.

Let's move on , the ignore feature is back,  my personal ignore key works on bad posters and on posts / threads I don't want to read.

NAS, this place has been and will always be like this, maybe you're taking it more personal than you've had in the past.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dougie_Spamilton. Show Dougie_Spamilton's posts

Even in victory, people are complaining. 

Like Sox and Pats fans, B's fans (here at least) can't live without crying.

We're getting dedicated threads about first line players who have a tough game.  We're getting people who are upset that the real time stats say they didn't play well...despite the scoreboard.  We are watching a top team in the conference and people want to break up the top lines.

And more...

It's just pure stupidity.  I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.

It's the Felger effect.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

We *do* get spoiled around here. I just saw a highlight that started with the phrase "Vinny Prospal and the Blue Jackets looking to win 2 in a row..."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

We *do* get spoiled around here. I just saw a highlight that started with the phrase "Vinny Prospal and the Blue Jackets looking to win 2 in a row..."

That is funny.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Here's the best place to add this post.

Sure Bruins won, Rask got a shutout BUT where was the offiense for the last 40mins of the game.  Un-acceptable

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Here's the best place to add this post.

Sure Bruins won, Rask got a shutout BUT where was the offiense for the last 40mins of the game.  Un-acceptable

Yeah, what's up with that, anyway?  They had the Flyers on the ropes, but failed to really put them away.  If the Flyers had gotten a couple of goals, they would have been right back in it.  It's also important to note that the Flyers blocked more shots and had more hits than the B's.

This level of soft play will come back to hurt them later.  Pay no attention to the 3-0 victory.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

They needed to score 4 in the second and 5 in the third because everyone knows if you're not going forward, you're going backward!

Sections
Shortcuts