This Place Is Starting to Suck

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: This Place Is Starting to Suck

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Here's the best place to add this post.

Sure Bruins won, Rask got a shutout BUT where was the offiense for the last 40mins of the game.  Un-acceptable

Yeah, what's up with that, anyway?  They had the Flyers on the ropes, but failed to really put them away.  If the Flyers had gotten a couple of goals, they would have been right back in it.  It's also important to note that the Flyers blocked more shots and had more hits than the B's.

This level of soft play will come back to hurt them later.  Pay no attention to the 3-0 victory.

The Flyers must be tougher.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Yeah, what's up with that, anyway?  They had the Flyers on the ropes, but failed to really put them away.  If the Flyers had gotten a couple of goals, they would have been right back in it.  It's also important to note that the Flyers blocked more shots and had more hits than the B's.

This level of soft play will come back to hurt them later.  Pay no attention to the 3-0 victory.

The Flyers must be tougher.

[/QUOTE]

Chowda? Isn't the hit stat a little faltered? You can't hit if you have the puck right? Or else the interference rule would kick in. Unless you're able to carry the puck & hit at the sametime. Which there are VERY few in the league that can do that. I seen Hossa do it, but just because it shows one team out hitting the other can be mis-leading. Do you agree?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

posted at 2/24/2013 9:28 AM EST

Not-A-Shot
        First: 12/30/2009
        Last: 3/23/2013

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"But now scoring depth projects a higher line of player than a third- or fourth-line player," he said."

Ahh yes he did

"The B's third line players are second line players elsewhere."

"The horror, the horror..."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This is awesome.  You are 100% proving my point.  You think that you can make something true if you post it enough times.

Liar.

Fraud.

Jared Boll fan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

The last time this place sucked as much as it is sucking now was last year during the NAS/Chowda fued. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Nassy Duinne Feud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

Nassy Duinne Feud

Are we seeing a pattern?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

Nassy Duinne Feud

Are we seeing a pattern?

You sure are.  I don't like when people post lies.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

You sure are.  I don't like when people post lies.

You just need to learn to let things go.  For the record, I agree with you that Peverley would be a top six on some teams.  That doesn't mean I'm going to start a feud with Sandog.

I don't even know how your feud with Dez started, but you need to let that one go too.  Last week you jumped all over him because he said Caron played well positionally.  I agree with him, but that doesn't mean I'm going to start a feud with you.

All this name calling and childish behaviour is making this board unbearable. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Some people get upset by concepts that they can't understand. Nas can't distinguish between good and bad positional hockey so he assumes (wrongly) that no one else can either. The difference is very subtle but it's still there.  It might be as simple as being 1 step  closer to the blue line in the defensive zone to negate the point on the cycle. It might be as simple as keeping your stick on the ice and in a passing lane which forces a puck carrier to look elsewhere for a play. These plays are there for all to see. Whether they see it or not isn't on me. I just happen to notice those things.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Some people get upset by concepts that they can't understand. Nas can't distinguish between good and bad positional hockey so he assumes (wrongly) that no one else can either. The difference is very subtle but it's still there.  It might be as simple as being 1 step  closer to the blue line in the defensive zone to negate the point on the cycle. It might be as simple as keeping your stick on the ice and in a passing lane which forces a puck carrier to look elsewhere for a play. These plays are there for all to see. Whether they see it or not isn't on me. I just happen to notice those things.

And with limited ice time, and limited time even on the TV screen, you have the ability to declare that a guy played perfect positional hockey.

Have you ever even seen Caron play live as a pro?  Have you been at any Providence Bruins games or Boston Bruins games at all in the past couple of years?  If so, then I can understand how you would have the point of view that you are talking about.  It would make sense, because you'd be able to watch him play.  In this year's stint in for the B's so far, he's rarely on the ice, and when he is, he is rarely in the play, so he's rarely even on the screen. 

I fully understand positional hockey, thank you.  I have an idea.  Why don't you post about me not understanding positional hockey a bunch of times.  Maybe it'll come true.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

posted at 2/24/2013 9:28 AM EST

Not-A-Shot
        First: 12/30/2009
        Last: 3/23/2013

"But now scoring depth projects a higher line of player than a third- or fourth-line player," he said."

Ahh yes he did

"The B's third line players are second line players elsewhere."

All Day long!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Same post.  Still untrue.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You got wooped up on all last night and all day today and just don't know it cause your doopid!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You got wooped up on all last night and all day today and just don't know it cause your doopid!

I really don't know what this means.  Someone posts a bunch of lies about me and I got "wooped up on"?

The truth is out.  You're a liar.  Everyone can see it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

And with limited ice time, and limited time even on the TV screen, you have the ability to declare that a guy played perfect positional hockey.

Have you ever even seen Caron play live as a pro?  Have you been at any Providence Bruins games or Boston Bruins games at all in the past couple of years?  If so, then I can understand how you would have the point of view that you are talking about.  It would make sense, because you'd be able to watch him play.  In this year's stint in for the B's so far, he's rarely on the ice, and when he is, he is rarely in the play, so he's rarely even on the screen. 

I fully understand positional hockey, thank you.  I have an idea.  Why don't you post about me not understanding positional hockey a bunch of times.  Maybe it'll come true.

If you could  actually "fully understand"good positioning then you wouldn't have continued to try to pump Chris Bourque's tires for as long as you did. Again,your inability to recognize good or bad positioning on Tv has nothing  To do with my ability to do so. One of us knows a great deal about the game of hockey. The other one is you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If you could  actually "fully understand"good positioning then you wouldn't have continued to try to pump Chris Bourque's tires for as long as you did. Again,your inability to recognize good or bad positioning on Tv has nothing  To do with my ability to do so. One of us knows a great deal about the game of hockey. The other one is you.

Do you have a special TV?  The one I watch is of average size, 50" or maybe 51" I don't remember.  I think we probably get the same feed.  On my TV, Caron was barely on the screen most nights because he was barely on the ice and when he was on the ice, he was barely in the play. 

With these statements known to be true, how were you able to determine that he never made any mistakes and that he was always positioned perfectly?  We know you weren't at any of the games.  I'm going to guess that you have never seen him play professionally in person.  (If I'm wrong on that, I apologize.)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Even in victory, people are complaining. 

Like Sox and Pats fans, B's fans (here at least) can't live without crying.

We're getting dedicated threads about first line players who have a tough game.  We're getting people who are upset that the real time stats say they didn't play well...despite the scoreboard.  We are watching a top team in the conference and people want to break up the top lines.

And more...

It's just pure stupidity.  I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.

I'm very happy with the team and organization. Only minor needs needed

. Boston people just like to complain 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Well Caron is plus 1 in games he played and Bourque was what -7 i think,so  I would tend to agree with you

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Well Caron is plus 1 in games he played and Bourque was what -7 i think,so  I would tend to agree with you

How did Caron do last night?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Do you have a special TV?  The one I watch is of average size, 50" or maybe 51" I don't remember.  I think we probably get the same feed.  On my TV, Caron was barely on the screen most nights because he was barely on the ice and when he was on the ice, he was barely in the play. 

With these statements known to be true, how were you able to determine that he never made any mistakes and that he was always positioned perfectly?  We know you weren't at any of the games.  I'm going to guess that you have never seen him play professionally in person.  (If I'm wrong on that, I apologize.)

Again,the tv means nothing. It's the person who's watching it that matters. I know much more about hockey than you. Feel free to ask around if you think that isn't true

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

So, if you aren't at the game, and Caron is barely on the TV, how do you know he plays perfect positional hockey?

Enlighten me.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

This place does go berserk when the B's don't play well. I think we're all frustrated in our own way. When the B's were winning, some of us thought it was great, while some of us thought that the PP needed to contribute & it's more important in a game for some of us then others. Then it was the whole 3rd line kiefing the bed & who's fault it was. Chris Kelly's, or Chris Bourque's. Then it was Rask's fault, because he had some rough goals. Then we have others ripping the whole defense apart saying their too old & can't play anymore. Now it's the whole team that's a mess. They can't score more than 2 goals a game, the 4th line is playing better than the 1st line & only have one game where they've won by more than 2 goals. Even the Flordia Panthers & Blue Jackets have won a blow out this season. This team is going no where & I think we as fans know this & it's hard to admit so we're taking it out on each other, because we're all disappointed. On paper they're contenders, but in all honesty they're pretenders right now. 

Sections
Shortcuts