This should be an easy first round

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

This should be an easy first round

Not quite sure I see what everyone else apparantly sees in the Capitals team. Imo, they are a perfect matchup for the Bruins.

They really only have on line that is a legitimate threat.. and the Bruins dominate those one-line teams. Chara/Seids vs Ovechkin/Backstrom.

They are a bad team defensively, and have a goaltender who has very little experience in Holtby. There building isn't all that intimidating either because 60% of their fans reside in Russia.

I personally think the Bruins will have no problem with the overrated Capitals, and will very much enjoy watching Ovechkin fail to get anything going against Chara. Bruins in 5.

The second round is definitely going to be difficult, though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Re: This should be an easy first round

The Bruins struggled against the Capitals in the regular season, posting an unimpressive record of 1-2-1. Granted, that wasn't against their third-string goalie. We'll see what happens. This series could easily go either way. I think I would have rather faced the Senators, who the Bruins seem to own this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round:
    [QUOTE]The Bruins struggled against the Capitals in the regular season, posting an unimpressive record of 1-2-1. Granted, that wasn't against their third-string goalie. We'll see what happens. This series could easily go either way. I think I would have rather faced the Senators, who the Bruins seem to own this year.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

I definitely would rather see them pound the Senators, but still can't see the Caps being any more of a threat. Though anything is possible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Wonder if the B's will regret beating Ottawa in meaningless Game 81?

B's always have trouble with Washington.  Not thrilled with this matchup.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Dont think it will be easy but surely a winnable series.  Hope Thomas' glovehand is back in 2011 playoffs form as im sure it will be tested lots by OV.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I would hesitate to call any team in the playoffs, this year in particular "easy".

They got Backstrom back, Ovechkin has a lot to prove, I wouldnt take them lightly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

The return of Backstrom makes them a very different team than the one that was getting beat up quite often without him.  They have also been playing playoff hockey for some time now.  And theres that O guy.

Im pulling for the B's, but this was the last matchup I wanted re: Ottawa, Florida or Wash.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bosoxin09. Show Bosoxin09's posts

Overconfidence can be deadly.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I think the B's may have been overconfident if they faced the Sens.  I don't see them having this attitude against the Caps.  It's good to fear your opponent - it can bring out the best in players.  It will be a hard fought, long series that could go either way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

[QUOTE]Overconfidence can be deadly.
    Posted by Bosoxin09[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. I don't think that there is a team in the East that the Bruins could consider as an easy matchup in the playoffs.

I think that this will be a difficult series but one that the Bruins should win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]Overconfidence can be deadly.
    Posted by Bosoxin09[/QUOTE]

For players? Yes.  For fans?  No.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Boston better bring their pressure game. They need to lean on that hard, relentless, physical game with fast transitions. Lucic, Marchand and Pouliot need to come up big in this series, let their centers make plays and their opposing wings use some speed to open spaces.

It won't be easy. Visions of the TB series last year. WSH must be happy that they don't have to play the Atlantic in RD 1. New matchups mean new life for both teams. I'm happy with this; it will be very entertaining.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsdel1. Show bsdel1's posts

Throw out the regular season. Put this group of forwards plus backstrom against our D minus Boychuk and McQuaid possibly. They beat us 3 out of 4 with those guys. Worst possible first round matchup based on team speed. Remember last years Montreal series, this is the same thing with more top end talent.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

[QUOTE]Boston better bring their pressure game. They need to lean on that hard, relentless, physical game with fast transitions. Lucic, Marchand and Pouliot need to come up big in this series, let their centers make plays and their opposing wings use some speed to open spaces. It won't be easy. Visions of the TB series last year. WSH must be happy that they don't have to play the Atlantic in RD 1. New matchups mean new life for both teams. I'm happy with this; it will be very entertaining.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I think over the series we should be able to wear them down and the Caps have an unproven commodity in nets. Still I'd feel better knowing Boychuk and McQuaid were both going to be in the line up

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

The 1st round is always a trap for good teams !!!!

But on the other hand, ask Philly and Penguins if they would have prefered to face the Caps ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HalifaxBruins. Show HalifaxBruins's posts

Whoever Thinks the Caps are going to be a push over better give there head a shake this team under achived all year long. Backstrom just came back were talking about a 90 point guy everyone is always sayin this team can't win the big one. The Bruins will need to bring there A game to defeat a Caps team looking to make a statement agaist the defending champs. Prediction Bruins in 7 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

This is a bad turn of events for the Bruins. They match up way better against Ottawa as evidenced by the regular season record.

The Caps were all but dead when Buffalo came back to beat Toronto in OT w/Sabres having 2 games left to their 1 and had to feel a burst of optimism after the Sabres then choked it away.

Green is getting back healthy, Ovechkin's got a chip on his shoulder and the B's struggled mightily against the Caps this season.

Would not at all be surprised to see Wash. win this in 6, especially if they get decent to very good goaltending.

bad match-up. I also think there's reason to believe the Rangers tanked last night's game b/c THEY would rather face the Sens. in round 1 as well.

Not liking this at all.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The Bs always seem to have trouble w/ the Caps 2 man forecheck.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : For players? Yes.  For fans?  No.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

Exactly. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Never count your chickens before they hatch. No need for optimism, just a commitment to play Bruins hockey

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I am happy the B's are going to face the Caps.  Boston is a much better team. 

How poor is this Caps team?  Dennis Wideman is third on the team in scoring.  Sure, fear Backstrom.  It'll be him and Ovechkin vs. Chara and Thomas.  I like the B's chances on that one.

Semin and Chimera also reached the 20 goal plateau with Ovechkin.  And no one else.  Yes, Backstrom probably would have.  Remember when Mike Green was a super threat from the point?  Well, I don't know what happened to him, but he hasn't scored since October.  Zanon has more goals in 2012 than Green.

Oh, and the Caps goaltending is a joke.  As a team, they are 20th in goals against and 18th in SV%. 

This will be a walk in the park for the defending Stanley Cup Champions.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round:[QUOTE]  As a team, they are 20th in goals against and 18th in SV%.  This will be a walk in the park for the defending Stanley Cup Champions. Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Erskine and Schultz are really their only bruisers on the blueline but they are not mobile. Wideman, Carlson and Hamrlik just don't put any fear in me. Washington's Dcorp will get walked on as well as having weak goaltending.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]I am happy the B's are going to face the Caps.  Boston is a much better team.  How poor is this Caps team?  Dennis Wideman is third on the team in scoring.  Sure, fear Backstrom.  It'll be him and Ovechkin vs. Chara and Thomas.  I like the B's chances on that one. Semin and Chimera also reached the 20 goal plateau with Ovechkin.  And no one else.  Yes, Backstrom probably would have.  Remember when Mike Green was a super threat from the point?  Well, I don't know what happened to him, but he hasn't scored since October.  Zanon has more goals in 2012 than Green. Oh, and the Caps goaltending is a joke.  As a team, they are 20th in goals against and 18th in SV%.  This will be a walk in the park for the defending Stanley Cup Champions.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I'm not quite as confident as you are, but I sure hope you are right!  On paper, it should be awalk in the park but there are many series in the history of the league that contradict logic.  There probably will be some again this year - I hope none involve the B's!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

There is no such thing as easy rounds in the playoffs. Let's not forget the Caps took 3 out of 4 from the Bruins during the season. They probably like this matchup. The Bruins will have to earn everything they get, the Caps are not just going to lay down for them. To say any playoff series is a " walk in the park '' is just dumb.