This should be an easy first round

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: This should be an easy first round

In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : Neither goalie had their "A" game tonight. They both made some good saves but they also gave up goals they'd like to have back.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

True, dez.  It wasn't exactly a tight goaltending duel.  Just glad the Bruins took it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : I have no issue with you defending the Caps as a worthy opponent.  I feel it's insane, however, for you to attack posters like me who want to be overly confident...because we might jinx it. The game just started.  I hope you're wearing your lucky shirt and are sitting in your lucky chair.  I'd hate for them to lose because of you.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I wore my Gostkowski lucky shirt, and sat in the exact spot on my bed, and it worked. And all 3 games have been close, and all coming down to a late or OT goal. But it's easy, B's are up 2-1 and it's been one of the easiest things to see the B's rout the Caps.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I'm thinking the Bruins win the next two. Holtby has been good, but the Bruins have made him look great. With two days off to practice, I can see the Bruins getting to Holtby Thursday, then KOing the Caps at home Saturday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : I wore my Gostkowski lucky shirt, and sat in the exact spot on my bed, and it worked. And all 3 games have been close, and all coming down to a late or OT goal. But it's easy, B's are up 2-1 and it's been one of the easiest things to see the B's rout the Caps.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

I ate raisin bran for breakfast and had chili for supper. Usually when I'm gassy and stink the place up the Bruins usually win.

But the rest of the household doesn't appreciate my superstition.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : I ate raisin bran for breakfast and had chili for supper. Usually when I'm gassy and stink the place up the Bruins usually win. But the rest of the household doesn't appreciate my superstition. Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Dude ? Not only do you need to put a flat screen in your library but also put handles on the porcelain. How about just turning your Bs cap inside out to spare the family ?

Picked 6 games, should have picked 5 games what are yah gonna do...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

And it's so easy!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Aren't your buddy's at CBC.ca missing you Turkey.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nuII. Show nuII's posts

Man!  Only one Power Play for Boston in game 4.  Sure wish those refs weren't biased toward Washington.  Its obvious they are.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

I dont know where anyone thought the Bruins would win in 5 games.

G was my pick and Im stil feelin good about it

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

It's pretty clear by now that the debate over this round being "easy" is over, and those who thought it would be have lost.

Every game decided by 1 goal. Every inch of ice contested and Holtby threatening to be D.C's version of Dryden redux. Nothing easy about this series at all, and while the Bruins SHOULD still win, I would not be surprised at all by my original fears of Caps in 6.

Obviously Game 5 is key. Lucic has looked completely lost in this series but can wipe it all away with a game-winner in Game 5. Luckily for the Bruins the 3rd and 4th liners are making up for the sub-par play of the top 2 lines.

Corvo continues to be a turnover machine. I honestly wonder if he's got money on the Caps to win. McQuaid can't come back soon enough.

I'm looking at Game 5 as must-win for Boston.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

If Boston wins the next two games I still think we will look at this as a pretty painless series.  They're 2-2 with no gaols from their top five scorers.  If those guys get going and they win the next two, we'll say the Bruins were slow out of the gate, but as we expected, they are the better team here. 

I have said the Bruins were clearly the better team but still predicted them to win in 6.  I won't admit being wrong at all until they lose one of the next two.

If it goes to 7 or the Bruins lose, I'll admit it wasn't easy.  If the Bruins overcome a flukey start and still win the series 4-2, I won't.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]If Boston wins the next two games I still think we will look at this as a pretty painless series.  They're 2-2 with no gaols from their top five scorers.  If those guys get going and they win the next two, we'll say the Bruins were slow out of the gate, but as we expected, they are the better team here.  I have said the Bruins were clearly the better team but still predicted them to win in 6.  I won't admit being wrong at all until they lose one of the next two. If it goes to 7 or the Bruins lose, I'll admit it wasn't easy.  If the Bruins overcome a flukey start and still win the series 4-2, I won't.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

That's a fair assessment, Fletch, and if it happens...let's say B's win Game 5 4-2 (even if their last goal is an empty netter) and then win game 6 by whatever margin--sure, in retrospect, fairly easy series--tho' not a cakewalk as many predicted. Problem is, I very much doubt we're looking at that scenario. I'm seeing (best case) a game 7 in Boston that goes down to the wire, and worst case--Holtby steals Game 5 in Boston and Game 6 in DC is endgame.

hope your expectations prevail.

To THIS POINT, however...it is un-arguable that this has NOT been an easy series for Boston.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I truly beleive if Nuevirth or Vokoun were playing we would be up 3-1 or the series would be over. While Holtby has played well, I think it's the adjustments their defense has made because Holtby is playing that is giving the Bruins fits right now. Their defense is playing very well right now and forcing the Bruins to take the majority of their shots from the perimeter or the point, and I dont care who is net, any NHL goalie is going to stop those. Not trying to take anything away from Holtby, he's played better than anyone in that organization can hope, but the Bruins need to make adjustments to the way the Caps are playing defensivley.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]I truly beleive if Nuevirth or Vokoun were playing we would be up 3-1 or the series would be over. While Holtby has played well, I think it's the adjustments their defense has made because Holtby is playing that is giving the Bruins fits right now. Their defense is playing very well right now and forcing the Bruins to take the majority of their shots from the perimeter or the point, and I dont care who is net, any NHL goalie is going to stop those. Not trying to take anything away from Holtby, he's played better than anyone in that organization can hope, but the Bruins need to make adjustments to the way the Caps are playing defensivley.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I hate to say it, but they've had 4 games to figure it out, and not much success thus far. Bruins simply have to get to the loose pucks first on those rebounds.....and crash the net.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : That's a fair assessment, Fletch, and if it happens...let's say B's win Game 5 4-2 (even if their last goal is an empty netter) and then win game 6 by whatever margin--sure, in retrospect, fairly easy series--tho' not a cakewalk as many predicted. Problem is, I very much doubt we're looking at that scenario. I'm seeing (best case) a game 7 in Boston that goes down to the wire, and worst case--Holtby steals Game 5 in Boston and Game 6 in DC is endgame. hope your expectations prevail. To THIS POINT, however...it is un-arguable that this has NOT been an easy series for Boston.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Well, there's no denying that the games so far have not been easy. But I have seen nothing to change my mind that the Bruins are the better team, and would expect any NHL team to be capable of winning 2 out of 6 if they get some breaks and catch the Bruins playing poorly.  Over a 7 game series the truth is usually exposed and I believe that the truth is this Caps team ain't that good.  The Bruins are better. 

Of course I may be totally naive about the whole thing.  But I think they beat the Caps and expose them over the next two games.

I'll come here and admit I was wrong if it goes the other way.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : Well, there's no denying that the games so far have not been easy. But I have seen nothing to change my mind that the Bruins are the better team, and would expect any NHL team to be capable of winning 2 out of 6 if they get some breaks and catch the Bruins playing poorly.  Over a 7 game series the truth is usually exposed and I believe that the truth is this Caps team ain't that good.  The Bruins are better.  Of course I may be totally naive about the whole thing.  But I think they beat the Caps and expose them over the next two games. I'll come here and admit I was wrong if it goes the other way.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    This is how i see it as well,c'mon B's score some goals !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Each time the Caps win a game people come on here to laugh and rub it in. Grow up, really. Like 12 year olds on the playground. This was created when the Caps were a team struggling to get into the playoffs, with no defense, an unproven rookie goalie, and a bipolar offense.

Who knew their team would be so much better and trouble the Bruins prior to the start of the series. Their defense looks like the Rangers all of a sudden, Boston has no answer for it.

Congrats, hindsight tells you the series isn't easy. Want a cookie?

Bruins in 7.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Each time the Caps win a game people come on here to laugh and rub it in. Grow up, really. Like 12 year olds on the playground. This was created when the Caps were a team struggling to get into the playoffs, with no defense, an unproven rookie goalie, and a bipolar offense. Who knew their team would be so much better and trouble the Bruins prior to the start of the series. Their defense looks like the Rangers all of a sudden, Boston has no answer for it. Congrats, hindsight tells you the series isn't easy. Want a cookie? Bruins in 7.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

It's not a difficult one.  The B's just haven't taken the right approach in the offensive zone.  Defense and goaltending have been just fine. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

Goooooooooooo Capsssssssssss screw them..........!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Wow, this was a bad thread to start.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

"This should be an easy first round"...This is the dumbest post I have EVER read on this board. There are no EASY games in the playoffs!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]"This should be an easy first round"...This is the dumbest post I have EVER read on this board. There are no EASY games in the playoffs!
    Posted by MrVmax[/QUOTE]
    he's obviously young and dumb.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : he's obviously young and dumb.
    Posted by GEAUX-TIGRES[/QUOTE]

First part is right, I'm 19. I'm not sure about the dumb part, but if so I'd rather be young and dumb than and older person who comes on the internet to talk about people like that. Maybe you should grow up.