This should be an easy first round

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Re: This should be an easy first round

Boston gave Washington the chance to make Holtby the Dryden of the playoffs.
    Guess what? Washington didn't want it enough. Let's face the fact, B's took it to the Caps and Holtby kept them in the game. IF Boston scores 2 or 3 on him, would we be having this discussion?
    Thomas made the saves when needed. Last time I checked this was a team sport

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round:
    [QUOTE]Boston gave Washington the chance to make Holtby the Dryden of the playoffs. Guess what? Washington didn't want it enough. Let's face the fact, B's took it to the Caps and Holtby kept them in the game. IF Boston scores 2 or 3 on him, would we be having this discussion? Thomas made the saves when needed. Last time I checked this was a team sport
    Posted by LordByron77[/QUOTE]

Who's the serial killer in your avatar? I can't remember the name. I remember the god awful ugly mug though, still haunts my dreams at night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : Who's the serial killer in your avatar? I can't remember the name. I remember the god awful ugly mug though, still haunts my dreams at night.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

lol
    Me after the Bruins winning the Cup last year
    I admit, did go a "little" mental for a couple of days, but didn't get caught

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : lol Me after the Bruins winning the Cup last year I admit, did go a "little" mental for a couple of days, but didn't get caught
    Posted by LordByron77[/QUOTE]

Lol, just messin with ya, handsome!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Ya thanks Kel.
    Wife likes the goatee I usually have. Shave it off and start from scratch upon Bruins entering the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Yeah the Caps don't belong on the ice with B's. Clear as day. Right...idiots.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Pouliot!!!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

This just might be the dumbest post in BDC history !!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE] This just might be the dumbest post in BDC history !!
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

You're so smart with your 20/20 hindsight. Who knew the Caps defense would suddenly become good, and this no-name goalie would be great.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : You're so smart with your 20/20 hindsight. Who knew the Caps defense would suddenly become good, and this no-name goalie would be great.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

My point exactly, we didn't know. This is why no team should be underestimated in the NHL playoffs. As we all know anything can happen. There is no such thing as easy rounds in the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : My point exactly, we didn't know. This is why no team should be underestimated in the NHL playoffs. As we all know anything can happen. There is no such thing as easy rounds in the playoffs.

True. I'll still be shocked if the Caps do win this though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : True. I'll still be shocked if the Caps do win this though.
    Me too. Also I didn't mean to come on as a dick. Just frustrated with the game earlier. Did we really think the Caps were just going to lay down ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : Me too. Also I didn't mean to come on as a dick. Just frustrated with the game earlier. Did we really think the Caps were just going to lay down ?

Definitley frusturating. Holtby's playing great but the Bruins offense isn't really challenging him... not going to go very far at all if the third line is the only line producing.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : My point exactly, we didn't know. This is why no team should be underestimated in the NHL playoffs. As we all know anything can happen. There is no such thing as easy rounds in the playoffs.

That actually could be the dumbest post ever written.

We're are not a team.  We are not playing.  We are fans sitting in front of computers.  We do not affect the outcome of the game.  It's okay for us to think ANYTHING ON EARTH. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Aliens are sapping the Bruins' scoring ability....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : That actually could be the dumbest post ever written. We're are not a team.  We are not playing.  We are fans sitting in front of computers.  We do not affect the outcome of the game.  It's okay for us to think ANYTHING ON EARTH. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

In jpBsSoxFan's defense, I didn't read it that way.  I read it as "we" meaning fans.  Not "we" meaning players.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to This should be an easy first round:
    [QUOTE]Not quite sure I see what everyone else apparantly sees in the Capitals team. Imo, they are a perfect matchup for the Bruins. They really only have on line that is a legitimate threat.. and the Bruins dominate those one-line teams. Chara/Seids vs Ovechkin/Backstrom. They are a bad team defensively, and have a goaltender who has very little experience in Holtby. There building isn't all that intimidating either because 60% of their fans reside in Russia. I personally think the Bruins will have no problem with the overrated Capitals, and will very much enjoy watching Ovechkin fail to get anything going against Chara. Bruins in 5. The second round is definitely going to be difficult, though.
    They have 2 offensive lines and a hot goalie. There's a reason they play the games. Don't count your chickens too soon.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : Definitley frusturating. Holtby's playing great but the Bruins offense isn't really challenging him... not going to go very far at all if the third line is the only line producing.
    Holtby turned away 47 shots. He's being challenged. Did you watch the game?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The bottom line is that when the B's played Carolina this year, it was as if they met an opponent they had no clue how to beat (but everyone else did). With the Caps, they are facing a team that only had 10 less points in the reg. season and another team that gave them problems. It's just continuing in the playoffs, and that's why I said that this was a stupid thread. Saying things like "this is easy" or this will be a cakewalk are the type of stuff that leads to jinxes, leads to bad kharma in my opinion. And yes, while this is just a forum board, I expect all B's fans to behave better than to use overconfidence as an angle. I thought the B's would win games last year in the playoffs, but I never thought once it would be an easy task (the Flyers series was a bit of an anomaly). Easy first round? Not for the B's, that's for damn sure.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from candre99. Show candre99's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins struggled against the Capitals in the regular season, posting an unimpressive record of 1-2-1. Granted, that wasn't against their third-string goalie. We'll see what happens. This series could easily go either way. I think I would have rather faced the Senators, who the Bruins seem to own this year.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

i agree, bruins struggled with caps all year.  if they can not score, will be done in 5 or 6

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Saying things like "this is easy" or this will be a cakewalk are the type of stuff that leads to jinxes, leads to bad kharma in my opinion.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Honestly.  Grow up.

Talk about the stupidest thing ever said.  You are suggesting that things we say here might have an effect on what is happening on the ice.

I truly believe, incluing all things posted by trolls, that this is the dumbest thing I've read here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : Honestly.  Grow up. Talk about the stupidest thing ever said.  You are suggesting that things we say here might have an effect on what is happening on the ice. I truly believe, incluing all things posted by trolls, that this is the dumbest thing I've read here.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I fufilled your opinion of the stupidest thing ever said. I can now die in peace. Oh yeah, for the record, this series is not only not easy, but predictably close. As for more stupid things, might I suggest that you go read all the fire Julien, healthy scratch Peverly, Kelly, and the B's are done threads from last year's first round of the playoffs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : I'm glad I fufilled your opinion of the stupidest thing ever said. I can now die in peace. Oh yeah, for the record, this series is not only not easy, but predictably close. As for more stupid things, might I suggest that you go read all the fire Julien, healthy scratch Peverly, Kelly, and the B's are done threads from last year's first round of the playoffs.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

No.  That might jinx something.

Sections
Shortcuts