This should be an easy first round

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: This should be an easy first round

In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round:
    In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : I'm glad I fufilled your opinion of the stupidest thing ever said. I can now die in peace. Oh yeah, for the record, this series is not only not easy, but predictably close. As for more stupid things, might I suggest that you go read all the fire Julien, healthy scratch Peverly, Kelly, and the B's are done threads from last year's first round of the playoffs.
    Posted by dannycater

I dont know if I would have predicted 2 overtime games with the Bruins scoring 2 goals in 2 games. I definetly wouldnt have predicted it knowing the 3rd stringer would be starting in goal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

kelv, again, it's silly to say something is going to be easy prior to an NHL playoff series. I too didn't expect 2 OT games, but I certainly expected the Caps to be a very tough foe based on the way they outplayed the B's in the regular season matchups, and also the fear of the B's GM about playing them. It was a justifiable fear. As for history, some here should look at it. This is about the fourth or maybe fifth time in the last 40 years, a rookie goalie out of nowhere stonewalls the B's. The worst thing in the world is trying to beat a rookie, who only knows now that he's got the B's spooked. I don't like scenarios like that, and while a few of you still insist this is an easy series, I never bought that from the beginning, still don't. I'd rather face Brodeur, I'd rather face Luongo, I'd rather face Fleury. Holtby is an unknown, well not now. Hopefully he will have a weak game soon or he's due to finally look like a rookie instead of Bernie Parent.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

there's no such thing as an easy round. heck, the toughest series to be a part of right now, could end in 4 games(pitt/phi). figure that one out. i picked the b's in 6, i know we're a long way from that, but i figured the caps would win a couple games. i'l get concerned when it's time to get concerned, not at 1-1 in a 7 game series. excited for tonight's game, hope the boys come hard out of the gate. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

A few points of clarification for me.

One, I have to agree that nothing said here matters.  Several of us have pointed out that, of course, you don't want the players thinking it will be an easy series and you want them taking their opponent very seriously.  But us?  We can say whatever we feel, and the notion of a jinx coming from the opinion of this anonymous middle-aged man in Denver is laughable.  Who cares what I think?  Heck, Stanley guaranteed like 5 straight Cups last year...and they won the Cup.

Two, I think you still have every indication that the Bruins are the better team.  That doesn't mean they can't lose.  But be honest -- where are the Caps better?  It would be a very improbable upset and I like to go with the odds here.  The Bruins are better.  Don't be afraid to say it or afraid to be wrong.  Even after the first two games, I see the Bruins as a sleeping giant and the Caps as an extremely fortunate team that was badly outplayed at times and are getting one of those rookie goalie runs that can crash and burn at any minute.  We'll see.  I won't be apologizing if I'm wrong on this.  Just stating what I see.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

A few points of clarification for me. One, I have to agree that nothing said here matters.  Several of us have pointed out that, of course, you don't want the players thinking it will be an easy series and you want them taking their opponent very seriously.  But us?  We can say whatever we feel, and the notion of a jinx coming from the opinion of this anonymous middle-aged man in Denver is laughable.  Who cares what I think?  Heck, Stanley guaranteed like 5 straight Cups last year...and they won the Cup. Two, I think you still have every indication that the Bruins are the better team.  That doesn't mean they can't lose.  But be honest -- where are the Caps better?  It would be a very improbable upset and I like to go with the odds here.  The Bruins are better.  Don't be afraid to say it or afraid to be wrong.  Even after the first two games, I see the Bruins as a sleeping giant and the Caps as an extremely fortunate team that was badly outplayed at times and are getting one of those rookie goalie runs that can crash and burn at any minute.  We'll see.  I won't be apologizing if I'm wrong on this.  Just stating what I see.
    Posted by Fletcher1

i hope to see that fire glow tonight from wash(holtby). ready for another 2 month bender fletch? i was hung over for a week after the finals(felt like i played all 25 playoff games) . it's all about sacrificing for the team. the things i do for the guys in black n' gold. it aint easy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : i hope to see that fire glow tonight from wash(holtby). ready for another 2 month bender fletch? i was hung over for a week after the finals(felt like i played all 25 playoff games) . it's all about sacrificing for the team. the things i do for the guys in black n' gold. it aint easy
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Oh I hear ya adk, I went to the bar on Saturday to watch.  Having a four hour game didn't help and neither did my 'good luck' car bomb for overtime.  Then I had a hockey game of my own Saturday night.  Felt awful.  Exhausted already...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

kelv, again, it's silly to say something is going to be easy prior to an NHL playoff series. I too didn't expect 2 OT games, but I certainly expected the Caps to be a very tough foe based on the way they outplayed the B's in the regular season matchups, and also the fear of the B's GM about playing them. It was a justifiable fear. As for history, some here should look at it. This is about the fourth or maybe fifth time in the last 40 years, a rookie goalie out of nowhere stonewalls the B's. The worst thing in the world is trying to beat a rookie, who only knows now that he's got the B's spooked. I don't like scenarios like that, and while a few of you still insist this is an easy series, I never bought that from the beginning, still don't. I'd rather face Brodeur, I'd rather face Luongo, I'd rather face Fleury. Holtby is an unknown, well not now. Hopefully he will have a weak game soon or he's due to finally look like a rookie instead of Bernie Parent.
    Posted by dannycater

I hear ya, but if you look at my previous post in this thread I stated i wouldnt call any team in the NHL playoffs an easy matchup. That said, I do expect the Bruins to win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I will hope the B's win. I can't say I "expect "it only because they haven't done anything in the playoffs against a team most of you feel they should easily beat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I will hope the B's win. I can't say I "expect "it only because they haven't done anything in the playoffs against a team most of you feel they should easily beat.
    Posted by dannycater

The bottom line for me Danny is that very few people picked Boston to sweep in the prediction thread so that tells me that most knew the Caps were very capable of winning some games. Personally, I still like the matchup over a 7 game series. I expect Boston to win.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : The bottom line for me Danny is that very few people picked Boston to sweep in the prediction thread so that tells me that most knew the Caps were very capable of winning some games. Personally, I still like the matchup over a 7 game series. I expect Boston to win.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I know it bothers people that i'm defending the Caps as a worthy opponent, and you're probably right that most people know this is not easy. But the thread's start was as wrong as it gets. The B's are supposed to win, and they are supposed to be scoring....etc....I will take this one game at a time. If B's win tonight, then they are back in the driver's seat. I don't like the matchup at all, but if the B's are resilient like last year, then they will win the series.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : I know it bothers people that i'm defending the Caps as a worthy opponent, and you're probably right that most people know this is not easy. But the thread's start was as wrong as it gets. The B's are supposed to win, and they are supposed to be scoring....etc....I will take this one game at a time. If B's win tonight, then they are back in the driver's seat. I don't like the matchup at all, but if the B's are resilient like last year, then they will win the series.
    Posted by dannycater

I have no issue with you defending the Caps as a worthy opponent.  I feel it's insane, however, for you to attack posters like me who want to be overly confident...because we might jinx it.

The game just started.  I hope you're wearing your lucky shirt and are sitting in your lucky chair.  I'd hate for them to lose because of you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : I have no issue with you defending the Caps as a worthy opponent.  I feel it's insane, however, for you to attack posters like me who want to be overly confident...because we might jinx it. The game just started.  I hope you're wearing your lucky shirt and are sitting in your lucky chair.  I'd hate for them to lose because of you.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I changed my underear today not realizing what day it was.

4-1 Caps.

Sorry, my fault.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

When your best player through 3 games is Pouliot you know you have problems.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

In response to "Re: This should be an easy first round":
    In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : I have no issue with you defending the Caps as a worthy opponent.  I feel it's insane, however, for you to attack posters like me who want to be overly confident...because we might jinx it. The game just started.  I hope you're wearing your lucky shirt and are sitting in your lucky chair.  I'd hate for them to lose because of you. Posted by Not-A-Shot
    Billions of people believe there is an invisible man in the sky that will save their souls. It shouldn't surprise you that people believe jinxes and lucky charms.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by thefly8

If the problem is that you're up 2-1 in a best-of-7 series, I don't care who's been the best player thus far.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : If the problem is that you're up 2-1 in a best-of-7 series, I don't care who's been the best player thus far.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I figure if you think Pouliot has been the best Bruin through 3 games, then you've got problems.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : I figure if you think Pouliot has been the best Bruin through 3 games, then you've got problems.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Seidenberg has been a beast, Chara has been Chara, Thomas has been great minus a couple of pucks and I honestly think Lucic has been playing above his normal level.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Two games won so far with only one lost.

That's good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Two games won so far with only one lost. That's good.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I took Boston in 5 so they're right on schedule.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Posted by thefly8

Ugh? their best players have been Seidenberg and Bergeron .
    Today Peverley's compete level went up a notch, Krejci also showed snarl and they might juts have opened a can of Lucic.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : Ugh? their best players have been Seidenberg and Bergeron . Today Peverley's compete level went up a notch, Krejci also showed snarl and they might juts have opened a can of Lucic.
    Posted by BsLegion

Those are my picks too Legion.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : I took Boston in 5 so they're right on schedule.
    Posted by dezaruchi

so did I. 
    Bruins take their 1st lead and the allure of the game changed.
    THE TIDE HAS CHANGED BOYS ! No looking back now.
    The Caps now will not continue to play the trap. Their players are too impatient and will lose Thursday by multiple goals.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : so did I.  Bruins take their 1st lead and the allure of the game changed. THE TIDE HAS CHANGED BOYS ! No looking back now. The Caps now will not continue to play the trap. Their players are too impatient and will lose Thursday by multiple goals.
    Posted by BsLegion

Love the way that sounds.  Perhaps now that force field that seemed to be up around Holtby the first couple of games has been kicked in a bit. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: This should be an easy first round : Love the way that sounds.  Perhaps now that force field that seemed to be up around Holtby the first couple of games has been kicked in a bit. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Neither goalie had their "A" game tonight. They both made some good saves but they also gave up goals they'd like to have back.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I haven't read this whole thread but I don't agree with the title at all.

The Caps are a team that I wanted to avoid, they have gotten healthy leading up to the playoffs, are a team that a year ago was the best in the east, and a team that has a couple of legitamate goal scorers.  Goaltending is their big question mark

The first 3 games have all been 1 goal games, I'd say that is a sign of a competitive series.

Sections
Shortcuts