This team ain't good enough.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: This team ain't good enough.

Blah blah blah

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The guy doesn't even know how to spell the name of Bobby Orr's hometown. Why does anyone respond to him?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: This team ain't good enough.:
    The guy doesn't even know how to spell the name of Bobby Orr's hometown. Why does anyone respond to him? Posted by red75

I've been saying this for quite some time now and how could anyone expect that there won't be any grind out games during a long season ? Not me a win is a win is a win I'll take ugly wins anytime all season long.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfbruins. Show mfbruins's posts

8 of 10 points on the road... sums it up

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cintai. Show Cintai's posts

8 of 10 points on road trip 0 loses in regulation or OT.   Last time I checked playoff games arent decided by shootouts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Leafs have beaten the Caps, Pens, Stars, Wings and Habs this season.

Are those teams not good enough either?

Well, who will win the Cup?

Florida?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Was at the game tonight. I can tell you the Bruins played in second gear all night. They never tested the rookie goalie Reimer. They could have scored all night long if they had.

The Leafs were in 4th and 5th gear for most of the game.

The match had an "international friendly" feel to it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

2 points on the road is 2 points on the road.  Come down off the ledge...or jump.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Just jump already. Enough whining; eight out of ten possible points on a road trip is pretty damn good. I've criticized the B's and their management plenty but you have to recognize when they have done well and this recent road trip and tonight's victory is pretty darn good.  Great game Tuukka!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

//They never tested the rookie goalie Reimer//  I was also at the game and yes, I agree the Bruins did have a measure of difficulty in solving the rookie Reimer especially during the first. 

They did, however, test him enough to get 2 past him while Rask allowed only one for the victory.  There are no points for style in the NHL, only wins, OTs and SOs.  A solid Bruin win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

//They never tested the rookie goalie Reimer//  I was also at the game and yes, I agree the Bruins did have a measure of difficulty in solving the rookie Reimer especially during the first.  They did, however, test him enough to get 2 past him while Rask allowed only one for the victory.  There are no points for style in the NHL, only wins, OTs and SOs.  A solid Bruin win.
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario

Precisely.  Eight points out of ten on a five game road trip is ridiculously successful.  Yes, there are things they need to work on but credit is due where due.

They need to keep going like this.

The upcoming homestand will be extremely telling and fairly predictive of how the playoffs might look.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Good enough tonite for me.. that's all that counts.. anytime you can win one of your games in hand its all good... 2pts in the bank..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

How many pts for style did the New Jersey Devils get when they were winning their 3 Cups ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Great to see Tuukka play great. Great that Claude let him start. Great to finish a 5-game roadie w/out a single regulation-time loss and grab 8 pts. in the process.

Great to see Horton get off his recent Schnide and to see Savard pot one as he continues to make remarkable progress back from Neverland. (Looch is due once they get back home).

I'm always one to see the flaws in this team (and they're still there), but please...for the love of Orr...how can you possibly complain about this win and the road trip in general?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In Response to This team ain't good enough.:
    Period. They barely bet the Leafs.  They should clearly out play them, and they couldn't.  Changes are needed.
    Posted by perrysound

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

what's going on here. everybody's agreeing the b's had a good road trip. where are all the "b's win, but let's fire cj anyway" threads.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Actually I still think they should fire CJ.
    However I cant complain about 8 out of 10 points on the road...ANY team would take that, including the Pens, Caps, etc. 
    I do still see weaknesses on this team though.  I still think its the offensive philosophy that is hindering this team.  When do you honestly get to see Seguin fly down the ice like he was built to do?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Actually I still think they should fire CJ. However I cant complain about 8 out of 10 points on the road...ANY team would take that, including the Pens, Caps, etc.  I do still see weaknesses on this team though.  I still think its the offensive philosophy that is hindering this team.  When do you honestly get to see Seguin fly down the ice like he was built to do?
    Posted by slicksteve38

I have to agree about Claude...he is going to coach this team the only way he knows how..and that is with a strict defensive style. It's like the 2nd period of last nights game......they put the hammer down, score their 2 goals to take over the lead....then let off the gas, and sit on it the rest of the way. It's great that they got the win, but sorry, I don't have that warm fuzzy feeling that some people have over this team....not right now anyways. Some people will bash me for this....and that's okay, but I have taken off my black and gold glasses and put away my pompoms long enough to see that this style of coaching may be a little too rigid for the players we currently have. I honestly believe  the players to a man feel they do to. Bottom line......they have the goaltending that could enable them to play a little more uptempo style. After watching Canada vs the US in last nights tilt....Canada put their foot on the throat of US.....and never let off........now that was a hockey game!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from airbus01. Show airbus01's posts

In Response to This team ain't good enough.:
    Period. They barely bet the Leafs.  They should clearly out play them, and they couldn't.  Changes are needed.
    Posted by perrysound

How much did they bet the leafs?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to This team ain't good enough. : How much did they bet the leafs?
    Posted by airbus01

lol, a 1st rounder.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

bruins formula for success... more imposing play at home.PERIOD. they have team d, they have goaltending, they have road toughness.   be better at home- that easy

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from airbus01. Show airbus01's posts

In Response to Re: This team ain't good enough. : lol, a 1st rounder.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

I'll see their first rounder and I'll raise them a Seguin!  Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

To grind out a win on the road will always be a success in my book...

Especially after giving up the first goal...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

To grind out a win on the road will always be a success in my book... Especially after giving up the first goal...
    Posted by BruinsGM24

I agree they need a better effort  at home Thursday though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

All the efforts at home so far this year could have been kicked up a notch.  I hope they realized in the Atlanta game (their previous home game) that they must play hard in order to be tough to play against.

Sections
Shortcuts