This team is dead!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

This team is dead!

No pulse- Allowing a 14th place team to beat you at home? No excuse, bad call, no call isn't the issue. You have to win this hockey game. No breaks from here on out till the end of the season & now you're going to have to play a back-up goalie in the AHL, because even the #1 down there is hurt. Rask is done for the season. You can tell that by looking at it. You can't have TT expecting to play every night with only 2 nights off once from now until April. NO TEAM can expect to over come this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: This team is dead!

I thought they actually played good enough to win this one.  Didn't get the breaks though.  Big one tomorrow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I agree, Hang.

I figured that it would take about a week to 10 days after the trade before they started to hit their stride.  Now the Tuukka injury is concerning but we'll have to see how that pans out. 

Hopefully, they can get on a roll soon though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Nite, you would have a better feel for Rask's injury. If he is out for any length of time, it will either be Hutchinson [20 yrs. old] or Peter will have to parlay for one of the better experienced AHL goalies. who do the Red Wings have? or the Blackhawks? or St.Louis

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

The Red Wings are going to waive Conklin, because when Howard got hurt he was terrible (as he's been all year) and McDonald took the backup job away from him.

I see the B's getting him for nothing... which is what he's worth.

PS, "played well?" How far have your standards fallen?  This team is awful.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Forgot the no pulse comment. Starts with mistakes by Chara who then tries to play the entire ice on his own, not the leadership expected, or delivered in the past. What's wrong?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: This team is dead!:
    Nite, you would have a better feel for Rask's injury. If he is out for any length of time, it will either be Hutchinson [20 yrs. old] or Peter will have to parlay for one of the better experienced AHL goalies. who do the Red Wings have? or the Blackhawks? or St.Louis
    Posted by bogie6

Pssst bogie . Trade deadline means no more trades .

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

It's OK, folks.  It's the "White House hangover."  Too bad it appears it will last until an early playoff exit. Tomorrow, the NYR know: 1. They are facing a reeling team, diving headfirst for that 7th seed. 2. They are on national TV. 3. They are playing the "defending Stanley Cup champs."(as in LAST year's team). 4. They are at home. 5. They have the Boston/NY rivalry to fuel them. 6. They can show the world who the new sheriff is. Bs will cave by the end of the 1st.  NYR 4-1 (it will look worse than that) This is why they should have gone all out to beat an equally matched team in the NYI.   Yes, I said "equally."  As in: if the Bs faced the NYI 10 times, they would win 5.  That's who the Bs have been since January.
    Posted by ipot

SAD to agree with you... But I am soo disgusted with the Bruins play of late... I am seriously considering cancelling the NHL network.  Not worth 3 hours of my life to watch a team that is playing so poorly.  They played even-straight-up against the worst of the east.  6 shutouts in February.  This team is spiraling down in a hurry....

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: This team is dead! : What's finally flipped my switch is how they went from that incredible November-December to this.  It's two completely different teams. I freely admit I'm one of those hot-under-the-collar fans, and have had my share of "whining" in the posting here the past 4 seasons.... .....but this 25 or so game stretch is the hands down the WORST hockey I've seen them play since 06-07.   THAT is worrisome, not a bump in the road.
    Posted by ipot

You seriously think that stretch of .500 hockey was the worst you've seen in 5 years? Nowhere to go but up I guess.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: This team is dead! : You seriously think that stretch of .500 hockey was the worst you've seen in 5 years? Nowhere to go but up I guess.
    Posted by dezaruchi

What is your avatar dez?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: This team is dead! : What is your avatar dez?
    Posted by hangnail

Found it online. Khookhoo for Khokhlachev. It's from something pre-draft since the bird is wearing a Ducks jersey.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: This team is dead! : dez this is over 25 games of 500 hockey now.  That's a long stretch.  They had their ugly moments last year and the years before, but not this consistently.   I'm just letting off steam.  I've been pretty good this season up to this point ;). But, April it is....nothing any of us here can control, but just hope they turn it around.  Just want to savor 3 Ws in a row.  Been a while.  Too much to ask?
    Posted by ipot

Not at all and I can't blame you. I'm just personally not that concerned with their recent play. If it's this way next month then I'll start to worry too. Cheers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I wasn't worried until today - Rask out has me a little freaked. Goalies 2 and 3 on the depth chart are out, and the trade deadline has passed. God forbid Thomas goes down too. We're likely a first round bounce if we end up having to start Hutchinson. Nothing against the kid, but he's just that, a kid.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Is it merely a coincidence that all this started with the Canucks game on Jan 7? The B's were 9-1 heading into that game, and have gone 12-12-2 since.  I thought that game was a bigger deal for Vancouver than Boston, but it appears to be the other way around.  Would things be different now if the Bruins had won that game?

And don't go all "49's a troll!!" on me -- I'm merely asking the question.  It's certainly a legitimate topic for discussion.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Is it merely a coincidence that all this started with the Canucks game on Jan 7? The B's were 9-1 heading into that game, and have gone 12-12-2 since.  I thought that game was a bigger deal for Vancouver than Boston, but it appears to be the other way around.  Would things be different now if the Bruins had won that game? And don't go all "49's a troll!!" on me -- I'm merely asking the question.  It's certainly a legitimate topic for discussion.
    Posted by 49-North

Actually, no it's not a coincidence. After giving up all those PP goals in that game, the theme became 5 on5 hockey.  Been getting beat physically all over the ice on a regular basis ever since. It was an over reaction that has taken the edge off this team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It has nothing to do with the Vancouver game, just a coincidence and timing.
    That's when the suspensions and then injuries begun.
    Bruins are not like the Pens that one player can carry a team on his back , at least for the regular season.
    Bruins system works by committee , when some important piece(s) started getting suspended , then hurt  and with the replacements being inept ,  we're are seeing the results then and now.
    The season is like a marathon, very long ,  soon the final sprint will come.
    I see the Bruins excelling , they're built for playoff hockey.
    It's 3-4 years now we see the Bruins struggle through February. Im' not worried.
    They might not win again the Cup but they'll leave their mark.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Is it merely a coincidence that all this started with the Canucks game on Jan 7? The B's were 9-1 heading into that game, and have gone 12-12-2 since.  I thought that game was a bigger deal for Vancouver than Boston, but it appears to be the other way around.  Would things be different now if the Bruins had won that game? And don't go all "49's a troll!!" on me -- I'm merely asking the question.  It's certainly a legitimate topic for discussion.
    Posted by 49-North

They also won 3 out of 4 after the Canucks game so I would say no. Their January record after the Canuck game was 6-3-1. They are a team that has spiralled downward because of poor play in February and has carried over till now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Well they played 3 aweful months and 2 great months.  I am concerned.  Seems like they can't all aspects of their game to synch.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: This team is dead! : They also won 3 out of 4 after the Canucks game so I would say no. Their January record after the Canuck game was 6-3-1. They are a team that has spiralled downward because of poor play in February and has carried over till now.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Chowdah, let's take it a step further and point out the Bruins went 6-3-1 in the 10 games following the loss to the Nucks. Saying that loss was the key to the malaise is just a cop out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Posted by 49-North

I would call that Canucks game a symptom, but not the disease.

And speaking of avatars, what the heck is yours?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I wasn't worried until today - Rask out has me a little freaked. Goalies 2 and 3 on the depth chart are out, and the trade deadline has passed. God forbid Thomas goes down too. We're likely a first round bounce if we end up having to start Hutchinson. Nothing against the kid, but he's just that, a kid.
    Posted by red75

I feel the same way, Red.  Tuukka being injured REALLY STINKS!  Having TT healthy and fresh for the playoffs is critical to this teams' playoff run.  That may not be the case now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: This team is dead! : I would call that Canucks game a symptom, but not the disease. And speaking of avatars, what the heck is yours?
    Posted by BadHabitude

It's one of the most amazing places on the planet.  Five years ago, our family vacation was to the Grand Canyon, and enroute, we stopped at a place called Antelope Canyon.  A dry slot canyon, the light comes into a narrow, twisting gorge about 50 feet high, and reflects off the red sandstone into yellows, oranges, reds and browns, depending on the angle and strength of the sun.  Do a Google Images search on Antelope Canyon, and you'll see photos much better than mine.  It's definitely worth a trip!

Sections
Shortcuts