This team is dead!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: This team is dead!

I thought the Bruins played great today. I enjoyed the game. Rolston looks good, though out of position, and Zanon is a great pick up. I think the team will come together nicely.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm with you Oates and if you throw in a horrific call by the linesman the Bs would have at least had a point today. If you watch the replay Tuukka reached for his abdominal not his left knee that was scoped last summer. So I'm hopeful until the x-rays comeback.

How many times have we heard "the Bruins are one and done" by the experts ?...here we ago again...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I think Tuukka getting hurt really effected the mood on the bench.  I know as a fan I was instantly depressed by it.  So, I think that had alot to do with the outcome of the game.

I like Rask, dispite mentioning him in trade scenarios, probably because were both metal heads.  But, this shouldn't effect the team moving forward.  They're the best team in the league when healthy.  And Peverley will be back for the playoffs, and possibly Horton.  So I'm not willing to push the panic button yet.

What does worry me, though, is with Tuukka, it's the same lower body area thats plagued him in the past and you have to wonder now, as an organization, is this going to be a chronic condition.  Does he have durability issues.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Just don't play like this in the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: This team is dead!:
    I think Tuukka getting hurt really effected the mood on the bench.  I know as a fan I was instantly depressed by it.  So, I think that had alot to do with the outcome of the game. I like Rask, dispite mentioning him in trade scenarios, probably because were both metal heads.  But, this shouldn't effect the team moving forward.  They're the best team in the league when healthy.  And Peverley will be back for the playoffs, and possibly Horton.  So I'm not willing to push the panic button yet. What does worry me, though, is with Tuukka, it's the same lower body area thats plagued him in the past and you have to wonder now, as an organization, is this going to be a chronic condition.  Does he have durability issues.
    Posted by bim09

If this team is so mentally fragile that they can't overcome one of the worst excuses of an NHL squad because Rask got hurt, that's a sad indictment of a team that was tough enough to get past Horton getting assassinated vs Vancouver.

Rask getting hurt should have increased the urgency given the fact they have a no-chance tomorrow vs the Rangers, plus TT having to go by himself the rest of the way.  Losing to cupcakes like the Islanders and acting like every goalie they face is Terry Sawchuk is a bad, bad sign.  Can't score on anyone and they have an excuse for everything?  Weak.

And "best team in the league when healthy? "  Uh, no.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: This team is dead! : If this team is so mentally fragile that they can't overcome one of the worst excuses of an NHL squad because Rask got hurt, that's a sad indictment of a team that was tough enough to get past Horton getting assassinated vs Vancouver. Rask getting hurt should have increased the urgency given the fact they have a no-chance tomorrow vs the Rangers, plus TT having to go by himself the rest of the way.  Losing to cupcakes like the Islanders and acting like every goalie they face is Terry Sawchuk is a bad, bad sign.  Can't score on anyone and they have an excuse for everything?  Weak. And "best team in the league when healthy? "  Uh, no.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

If by some chance the B's win tommorrow Sox, will this be a fluke or rising above adversity?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

That blown call was absolutely terrible.

I'm with you Oates and if you throw in a horrific call by the linesman the Bs would have at least had a point today. If you watch the replay Tuukka reached for his abdominal not his left knee that was scoped last summer. So I'm hopeful until the x-rays comeback. How many times have we heard "the Bruins are one and done" by the experts ?...here we ago again...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Re: This team is dead! : If this team is so mentally fragile that they can't overcome one of the worst excuses of an NHL squad because Rask got hurt, that's a sad indictment of a team that was tough enough to get past Horton getting assassinated vs Vancouver. Rask getting hurt should have increased the urgency given the fact they have a no-chance tomorrow vs the Rangers, plus TT having to go by himself the rest of the way.  Losing to cupcakes like the Islanders and acting like every goalie they face is Terry Sawchuk is a bad, bad sign.  Can't score on anyone and they have an excuse for everything?  Weak. And "best team in the league when healthy? "  Uh, no.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

The Rangers aren't that good.  I'll take a healthy Bruins team over the Rangers every time. They can't match our offense.

They are the best team in the league when healthy.  The problem is, they haven't been healthy. Take a look at they're goal differential vs the rest of the league.  They're still on top and they've been playing .500 hockey for the past 2 months.  How about goals for.  Rangers aren't even in the top 10.

This is the best Bruins roster since the 70's and I expect them to play for the Cup again this summer.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I'm with you Oates and if you throw in a horrific call by the linesman the Bs would have at least had a point today. If you watch the replay Tuukka reached for his abdominal not his left knee that was scoped last summer. So I'm hopeful until the x-rays comeback. How many times have we heard "the Bruins are one and done" by the experts ?...here we ago again...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

It's not his knee, but it's his groin, or hamstring. Both will take pretty much the season to heal 100%.  This doesn't look like a pull, but a tear or rupture. Both can be lingering. At least he's young & can heal. Unlike mine after 40, which is a bad injury to get at this age.
    It's not the team as a whole I'm concerned about, it's the schedule, the teams they play & the goaltending situation. With Rask being out, the team struggling with consistency & how every team is giving the Bruins more than they can handle on most nights. I think to expect anything more than a 3rd round entry is reaching. Not saying they can't turn it around, but when I say dead I mean as far as winning the cup.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Posted by SoxFanInIL

I don't think this team is mentally fragile. I just think that NO TEAM can over come what's ahead of them between now & June.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The injury bug is bothering the team particularily the injuries to Horton and Peverly. Yet, if Thomas stays healthy with a decent back up(?), the team is still damn good for a playoff run. Rask would not have played much in the playoffs.  Good teams find a way to win. Lidstrom is down and Detriot is very competitive.  Last year at this time exactly the Bs down right stunk.  One last thing, many posters on here were saying the Bs were all done against Montreal in the playoffs.  Cheer up Nite!  Strange things happen to other teams as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: This team is dead! : I don't think this team is mentally fragile. I just think that NO TEAM can over come what's ahead of them between now & June.
    Posted by nitemare-38

nite, the only thing that has changed, other than injuries, with everyone expected back other than Tuukka and maybe Horton is the fact that TT will have to play more games down the stretch. That isn't so horrible that it can't be overcome. If Khodobin or Hutchison can play a few to give TT a rest, great. We all know that the B's are not catching the Rangers and even with the injuries i still see the Bruins staying ahead of Ottawa.So the B's get the second seed, get healthy, and be ready for April. That may be a rose colored glasses outlook, but thats the way i see it anyway.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: This team is dead! : It's not his knee, but it's his groin, or hamstring. Both will take pretty much the season to heal 100%.  This doesn't look like a pull, but a tear or rupture.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Ok Dr. Recchi Lulz!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: This team is dead! : If by some chance the B's win tommorrow Sox, will this be a fluke or rising above adversity? Posted by 50belowzero

Oh no 50, SoxFanIL and IPot will say the Bruins were lucky guaranteed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

This team is fuc.ked. Can't even beat the sorryass Islanders in Boston. A DNQ is not out of the question.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccoul. Show ccoul's posts

My question however, can a goalie from another team be sent down to minors then traded to baby Bruins in Provs to get send up to Boston after?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

I thought they actually played good enough to win this one.  Didn't get the breaks though.  Big one tomorrow.
    Posted by hangnail

dude...will you STOP Kool Aid sipping! They lost, and didn't play well.  It's ok to admit that!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Like it or not, the team's real leadership is in the net (aside from Bergeron and perhaps Lucic).  With Tuukka injured, Thomas will need to stand on his head.

Time will tell.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

My question however, can a goalie from another team be sent down to minors then traded to baby Bruins in Provs to get send up to Boston after?
    Posted by ccoul

Sorry but no. Trades take place between the parent clubs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Is it merely a coincidence that all this started with the Canucks game on Jan 7? The B's were 9-1 heading into that game, and have gone 12-12-2 since.  I thought that game was a bigger deal for Vancouver than Boston, but it appears to be the other way around.  Would things be different now if the Bruins had won that game? And don't go all "49's a troll!!" on me -- I'm merely asking the question.  It's certainly a legitimate topic for discussion.
    Posted by 49-North

Is is a mere coincidence that your favorite team of biting, diving, choking tire pumpers have never won the Stanley Cup?

Go burn your city.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: This team is dead! : Is is a mere coincidence that your favorite team of biting, diving, choking tire pumpers have never won the Stanley Cup? Go burn your city.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Doesn't this violate your anti-troll stance?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: This team is dead! : Doesn't this violate your anti-troll stance?
    Posted by WalkTheLine

I wasn't aware that 49 was labeled a troll by the group.  If he is, I'll gladly join!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: This team is dead! : I wasn't aware that 49 was labeled a troll by the group.  If he is, I'll gladly join!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Like him or not, at least 49 attempts to discuss hockey. The trolls you guys speak of do not.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I guess he's borderline. I consider him a thinly disguised troll so I've opted to not respond to him. I have no problem with it if other do. He's far from the likes of the cactus clan, null, etc.

Sections
Shortcuts