This team needs to add deadline toughness!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

This team needs to add deadline toughness!

From Louise Eriksson and Patricia Bergeron to Carla Soderberg and Christine Kelly this team is way too soft. Dougie Hamilton seems to have chronic yeast infection and Matt Bartkowski likely has a bottle of Midol in his locker.

Seriously, this team is not close to the scrapping '11 cup winning team. A old and unwilling Thornton, a game, but easily beaten-to-a-pulp Campbell, another oldster in Chara and a (supposedly) too valuable to sit for 5 Lucic make this team soft.

All the talk is getting a Sieds replacement which is much more expensive than adding a couple willing battlers.--- It's not simply fighting. We need guys who will give a shove here and there instead of staring down at the ice to avoid a confrontation. (Reilly Smith *always* does this). Iginla finally shoved back last night and it changed the complection of the whole game. A simple shove!

We need more snarl people and to add a wash-up like Chris Phillips is not addressing the real problem.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: This team needs to add deadline toughness!

In response to Uncle-Salty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

From Louise Eriksson and Patricia Bergeron to Carla Soderberg and Christine Kelly this team is way too soft. Dougie Hamilton seems to have chronic yeast infection and Matt Bartkowski likely has a bottle of Midol in his locker.

Seriously, this team is not close to the scrapping '11 cup winning team. A old and unwilling Thornton, a game, but easily beaten-to-a-pulp Campbell, another oldster in Chara and a (supposedly) too valuable to sit for 5 Lucic make this team soft.

All the talk is getting a Sieds replacement which is much more expensive than adding a couple willing battlers.--- It's not simply fighting. We need guys who will give a shove here and there instead of staring down at the ice to avoid a confrontation. (Reilly Smith *always* does this). Iginla finally shoved back last night and it changed the complection of the whole game. A simple shove!

We need more snarl people and to add a wash-up like Chris Phillips is not addressing the real problem.

[/QUOTE]

Calling bergie soft is the most comical thing i have EVER read on here.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Uncle-Salty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Grow up, dude.  You've had some reasonable posts, enough to warrant responses anyway.  This level of childish ipot sets you back to zero.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Hey go easy - he may have picked a few poor examples, but his over all point is valid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey go easy - he may have picked a few poor examples, but his over all point is valid.

[/QUOTE]

Hes calling one of the toughest teams(that most try to copy) soft.  I dont see us as soft.  This team isnt that different that was 2 games away from the cup.   Hes blasting heart guys like campy and yes ST.   Hes ripping chara and lucic.   The absolute over the line tipper is calling bergie soft.   

This team has plenty of sand paper.   The paille line is a 4th line.  Im happy with it but obviously want 22 replaced.   How do you change or make the top 2 lines better?   Soder Kelly Loui is better then what we had last year.   Up front i dont see a need for added thuggery.  I want some more skill for the 3rd line then maybe bump kelly to the 4th.  Ryder Peverly Horton.  No exactly smash n crash.  Iggy easily replaces Horton for those that wanna challenge that.  

On the back end we need something.  Ive been saying for a while that losing andrew f and seidz is hard to do.  Ive been saying for yrs that we need someone to help chara.  Well im very happy with hamiltons progression and krug has been really good.  But i would hardly call mcq, miller, chara and boychuk soft.  Hamilton isnt a mean player and krug definitely doesnt shy away from the corners.   Kaberle Ference and Seidz are missing.  Replaced by krug, hamilton bart.   In a perfect world we add a number 2 dman with term left on his contract.  i believe we likely add a good top 4 who is air tight in his own end.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, can't agree with you here. This is still the core group that was in the finals last year. As in, less than a calendar year. True there is some aging, and very possibly it will show up sooner than we hope, but until that time comes, they should get the benefit of the doubt. 

The Bruins have turned over some of the team, either because of injury, or guys leaving, but they have kept bringing in new guys that are big (Soderberg) and tough enough. I can't think of a game recently where they were pushed around. Most teams don't want to wake the Bear.

The Bruins don't have anything to prove. They just do it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

rediculous post.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Wow that's cool u changed the guys names into women's names. How did u do it? Amazing uncle stupid. What's even worse then that is your understanding of what this team needs. Toughest doesnt even register. If anything the last 3 games should tell the front office( which I'm sure they know already) that this team needs an upgrade on defense and last thing it need is more sandpaper guys. The bruins are one of the heaviest And toughest teams in this league uncle open your eyes!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Wow, a new level of childishness for this board.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Patrice Bergeron soft?
    This is the same Patrice that played in the SCF with a seperated shoulder, broken rib, broken nose and punctured lung, right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Patrice Bergeron soft?
    This is the same Patrice that played in the SCF with a seperated shoulder, broken rib, broken nose and punctured lung, right?

[/QUOTE]

Campy the cult hero who killed a penalty on a broken leg.   Chara and Lucic two of the most feared players in the league.   Yup those softy lumps.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]

Patrice Bergeron soft?

[/QUOTE]

You missed torn cartilage.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Patrice Bergeron soft?

[/QUOTE]

Campy the cult hero who killed a penalty on a broken leg.   Chara and Lucic two of the most feared players in the league.   Yup those softy lumps.  

[/QUOTE]

Enough said right there Shupe .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Patrice Bergeron soft?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who needs those guys?! BUNCHA PUSHOVERS!

Dump them all and bring in John Scott, Colton Orr, Brian McGrattan and Tom Sestito! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Patrice Bergeron soft?

[/QUOTE]

You missed torn cartilage.

[/QUOTE]

AND TORN CARTILAGE!!! WHAT A SOFTIE!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Patrice Bergeron soft?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dump them all and bring in John Scott, Colton Orr, Brian McGrattan and Tom Sestito! 

[/QUOTE]

NAS just had a stroke.  Way to go.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I was on the fence regarding this teams toughness. But when he started calling them Louise,Patricia and Christine he had me convinced.

Lets face it, he's right. This team is going nowhere with them.

My solution:

Bergeron to Edmonton for Gazdic

Eriksson to Ottawa for Neil.

Kelly to NHL Network for Kelly Chase

Problem solved.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I was on the fence regarding this teams toughness. But when he started calling them Louise,Patricia and Christine he had me convinced.

My solution:

Problem solved.

Id take the Neil trade.   PS.  Gazdic is the new heavy weight champ?   Pounding and hurting guys.   Bet the oilers sign him quickly.    

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Patrice Bergeron soft?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NAS just had a stroke.  Way to go.  

[/QUOTE]

Rusty just sent me a gift basket.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My solution:

Problem solved.

[/QUOTE]

Id take the Neil trade.   

[/QUOTE]

I would love Neil in a Bruins uniform.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My solution:

Problem solved.

Id take the Neil trade.   

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

McLaren placed on waivers.  Lets drop Marchand for him.  

Neil is one of my favorites in the league.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My solution:

Problem solved.

[/QUOTE]

Id take the Neil trade.   

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Make it so.

Then trade Reilly Smith for Cam Janssen. 

How could the team you and i just put together NOT win a cup with all that toughness?!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My solution:

Problem solved.

[/QUOTE]

Id take the Neil trade.   

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Make it so.

Then trade Reilly Smith for Cam Janssen. 

How could the team you and i just put together NOT win a cup with all that toughness?!

[/QUOTE]

Grapes for coach.  Gotta fire CJ.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My point *is* valid. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. This team has gotten softer over the last three seasons.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

rediculous post.

[/QUOTE]

My post is "rediculous"? What's even more "rediculous" is that you spell it that way. Use spell check or at least go back to the third grade and pay attention.

Sections
Shortcuts