This teams coaching is awful

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

This teams coaching is awful

Marchand makes a mistake and gets a penalty--- have not seen him in the 3rd period.  Seguin not playing.  The PP is a joke-- CJ had Kelly, Recchi and Ryder as the Forwards on PP in second period.  It goes on and on-- what a joke! This is the game Rask should have played-- not the one against the Canadiens.

I'm sorry, but I cant see this team ever winning the Cup with Julien--- its not going to happen as long as he is the coach.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Re: This teams coaching is awful

All true, I hope Cam actually will pull the trigger and not go with Chia's thought process and "advice to keep Clod through the remainder of his new contract" as he said on 985.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to This teams coaching is awful:
    [QUOTE]Marchand makes a mistake and gets a penalty--- have not seen him in the 3rd period.  Seguin not playing.  The PP is a joke-- CJ had Kelly, Recchi and Ryder as the Forwards on PP in second period.  It goes on and on-- what a joke! This is the game Rask should have played-- not the one against the Canadiens. I'm sorry, but I cant see this team ever winning the Cup with Julien--- its not going to happen as long as he is the coach.
    Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]

Marchand deserves to sit..took an awful  penalty that gave the Isles life with  late goal in the second.. maybe a short stint up in the press box to regain a little focus..unacceptable.. shows accountability...CJ does not handle the PP.. it is on Ward..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

In Response to This teams coaching is awful:
    [QUOTE]Marchand makes a mistake and gets a penalty--- have not seen him in the 3rd period.  Seguin not playing.  The PP is a joke-- CJ had Kelly, Recchi and Ryder as the Forwards on PP in second period.  It goes on and on-- what a joke! This is the game Rask should have played-- not the one against the Canadiens. I'm sorry, but I cant see this team ever winning the Cup with Julien--- its not going to happen as long as he is the coach.
    Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]

Seriously...Julien benches Marchand for taking a dumb penalty, but keeps giving shifts for Ryder when he shows ZERO heart or grit...I can't take it anymore.  And Kelly on the PP!!!!!  OMG

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

In Response to Re: This teams coaching is awful:
    [QUOTE]In Response to This teams coaching is awful : Marchand deserves to sit..took an awful  penalty that gave the Isles life with  late goal in the second.. maybe a short stint up in the press box to regain a little focus..unacceptable.. shows accountability...CJ does not handle the PP.. it is on Ward..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Couldn't disagree more.  Marchand plays with an edge, and is gonna take some bad penalties some times.  You have to take the good with the bad.  My problem is Julien plays favorites with Ryder.  He is not consistent. Ryder has zero heart and Julien rewards him with more ice time. And can someone tell Ryder, that he can pass.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Some observations:
    Ryder cannot stickhandle to save his life.
    Thornton cannot handle the puck to save his life.
    Paille can skate fast in a straight line, but cannot do anything else.  Apparently that includes stopping.  I do believe I saw him just about take himself out by skating into the end boards.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I lost faith in Julien when Philly cameback last year!  I doubt we wll see a change unless the bs lose 10 in a row.  We will have to live and DIE with CJ this year!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Maybe claude should watch a game from somewhere besdies the bench

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

lucaoo, you're right unfortunately.  We've seen 10 game losing streaks, we've seen blown game 7's 3 years in a row, we've seen blowing 3-0 3-0, how many lives does this guy have???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

They looked hapless tonight and they seem to be dying at the end of games, energy wise

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]I lost faith in Julien when Philly cameback last year!  I doubt we wll see a change unless the bs lose 10 in a row.  We will have to live and DIE with CJ this year!!
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't rule it out....  losing 10 in a row that is....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This teams coaching is awful : Couldn't disagree more.  Marchand plays with an edge, and is gonna take some bad penalties some times.  You have to take the good with the bad.  My problem is Julien plays favorites with Ryder.  He is not consistent. Ryder has zero heart and Julien rewards him with more ice time. And can someone tell Ryder, that he can pass.
    Posted by Jake1977[/QUOTE]

Some? I don't mind if he plays with an edge but play smart, two games in a row that he has taken real dumb penalties that have cost the Bruins ..That's more bad than good and you have to make a point.. I don't have a problem with that.. Ryder's 13 minutes tonite didn't cost the Bruins the game..After this year you won't have to worry about Ryder anymore..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

People cry because he doesn't bench anyone, then he benches players and they cry about that.

Marchand needs a trip to the press box.  He's trying to be Steve Ott 2.0.  Bartkowski is an AHL defenseman.  He needs a trip to Providence.

Neither deserved an extra second of ice time tonight.  Good coaching from my view.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]People cry because he doesn't bench anyone, then he benches players and they cry about that. Marchand needs a trip to the press box.  He's trying to be Steve Ott 2.0.  Bartkowski is an AHL defenseman.  He needs a trip to Providence. Neither deserved an extra second of ice time tonight.  Good coaching from my view.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Can't argue with you there.. Ference and Hnidy  could not come back any faster..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]People cry because he doesn't bench anyone, then he benches players and they cry about that. Marchand needs a trip to the press box.  He's trying to be Steve Ott 2.0.  Bartkowski is an AHL defenseman.  He needs a trip to Providence. Neither deserved an extra second of ice time tonight.  Good coaching from my view.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. I think the biggest coaching mistakes were from the very start. Rask should have been in and Seguin back and let Thornton sit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This teams coaching is awful : Completely agree. I think the biggest coaching mistakes were from the very start. Rask should have been in and Seguin back and let Thornton sit.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

All true.  Fine, marchand sits for taking dumb penalties, that type of story is old as time and deserved.  So many other coaching problems

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This teams coaching is awful : Some? I don't mind if he plays with an edge but play smart, two games in a row that he has taken real dumb penalties that have cost the Bruins ..That's more bad than good and you have to make a point.. I don't have a problem with that.. Ryder's 13 minutes tonite didn't cost the Bruins the game..After this year you won't have to worry about Ryder anymore..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Cheers to not having to worry about Ryder after this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

It is one thing to be objective and another to lose all objectivity.

The best move CJ has made all year was to bench Marchand tonight.  For the 2nd straight night, Marchand took a unbelievably stupid penalty that was the turning point in the game.  He should sit out the next game too.  I give CJ credit for that move.  I love the energy of and play of Marchand but you cannot allow these types of things on a consistent basiss, especially during pivotal moments in the game.

If you want to bash CJ, i'd point to:
    a-his handling of the goaltenders
    b-playing Recchi in key situations(PK,PP, 4on4) is killing the team
    c- inability to improve the PP with all that talent on the team
    d- keeping Shawn Thornton in the lineup way too much when he contributes next to nothing(unless he's fighting)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Forget about Claude, I think Geoff Ward must go and go soon. We have players who can score but no PP. Ward must go.

Go B's

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

What made Marchand a key player this year was his tenacity and his skating. He has played a lot more minutes then anyone (including himself) thought he would play. The kid hit the wall! Sitting will do him some good. I agree with sitting Thornton we really don't need an enforcer anymore, especially when you have so many players on the team that can take a swing for the team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This teams coaching is awful : i wouldn't rule it out....  losing 10 in a row that is....
    Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE]
    hope they do it now instead of in the playoffs like last year or even the year before that. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

The team was gassed in the 3rd period and to make matters worse, CJ shortens his bench.  Call me crazy but that makes as much sense as not playing Seguin after sitting last night and playing Thornton every game.  Julien needs to read Coaching for Dummies.  He can find it at Barnes and Noble next to Managing for Dummies.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

This team is god awful, what does Chiarelli do at the deadline? He picks up grinding players. This team will never be a true contender until they change the way they build the team, we need a skilled puck possession team and not a lunch pale physical, defensive team that cannot hold leads. Sorry, can you really say that this is a cup contender? Remember the 2 games they got blasted by Detroit.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Marchand's dumb penalty was a hustle / mistake / stupid play but Horton's was just plain stupid. He had a decent game again overall, but his penalty was the worse of the two.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

JYaso, I was wrong and you were right.  Earlier in the year, I defended Claude Julien when you criticized him.  Well, it's obvious that coaching is this team's number one problem.  And it's not just Julien, Ward has been in charge of the powerplay, and we all know how well that has been going.  For whatever reason, CJ can't motivate these guys.  Some nights they're on their game, other nights they look completely uninterested.  Way too inconsistent.  It's time for a coaching change before the regular season is up.

Sections
Shortcuts