This Time Last Year....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

This Time Last Year....

Some interesting facts:  On this date last year.

Bruins lost to the Islanders 4-2, after losing to Buffalo the day before.  This was the Bruins 4th strait loss.

The Bruins went on to finish .500 for the month of March.  Most every bruins fan was calling for CJ to be fired (myself included).  

The Bruins went into the playoffs to face a team that they had only beat 1x in the regular season...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: This Time Last Year....

As Yogi said, its deja vu all over again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Hope lightning strikes twice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The key is to finish 1st in their division.  That's all I ask that they hang to it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: This Time Last Year....:
    The key is to finish 1st in their division.  That's all I ask that they hang to it.
    Posted by BsLegion

Who would have thought the B's would be battling it out with the Senators for first in the division with less than a month to go in the season. Not me, thats for sure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Good post !  I too was among the group that thought it was a good thing to jetison CJ. Ha ! ...As long as we have our goalies back and the team is healthy going into the playoffs, we still could go all the way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Well, I was defending CJ, and always have. He put a system in place, he didn't waiver, and when the team bought in, they have a Cup to show for it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: This Time Last Year.... : Who would have thought the B's would be battling it out with the Senators for first in the division with less than a month to go in the season. Not me, thats for sure.
    Posted by 50belowzero

50 - You'd be hard-pressed to find folks who thought the Sens would not be at or near the bottom of the league overall.  I was one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

What was the injury situation like this time last year???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

What was the injury situation like this time last year???
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

Remember what this board looked like until the end of game 3 in the first round.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: This Time Last Year.... : Remember what this board looked like until the end of game 3 in the first round.
    Posted by kelvana33

Yeah Kel, it takes very little for people to sign onto "the Buins are done" threads but it takes a little more to have some faith. Especially after last year, I have faith in this team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: This Time Last Year.... :  "the Buins are done" threads but it takes a little more to have some faith. Especially after last year, I have faith in this team. Posted by dezaruchi

The winter and early spring of 2010 was brutal but I hung and was rewarded with a great Bruins comeback against Buffalo. Down 2-0 in the 2nd period game 2, already down a game in the series so...ditto I'm going to hang in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Re: This Time Last Year.... : Yeah Kel, it takes very lttle for people to sign onto "the Buins are done" threads but it takes a little more to have some faith. Especially after last year, I have faith in this team.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Dez...agreed.  Last year I was up and down with the team, and was even guilty of posting reason why the Bruins would not go far in the playoffs. 

Even this year, when the Bs were tearing it up in December, I knew that they would not keep up that pace and warned that the Bruins would slump.  Teams cannot keep up that level of intensity the whole year.  The fact is, the season is too long and there are too many ups and downs to judge how your team will fare in the playoffs.  Regular season hockey is not playoff hockey and lets face it, you don't want your team to burn out and start slumping come April. 

I beleive that part of a good coaches job is to hold the team back in the regular season, so that it starts to peak at just the right time.  The fact is, this team is positioned to make the playoffs, so why not conserve your energy and let other teams pour it on right about now.  Let them burn out come April.  Just look at NYR, who is starting to show some weekness.

I predict that you will start to see more consistancy come their west coast swing at the end of the month and a strong finish to the season.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

People do not learn from the past. It's our flaw.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I wouldn't mind swapping playoff spots with OTT. Matchups don't really bother me...you have to win 16 either way.

This team could use a chip on their shoulder and perhaps going on the road in the playoffs will shake those entitlement issues as defending champs. A bruised ego wouldn't hurt.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

A 7 seed has never won the Cup.  I don't see that happening any time soon either.  I'd rather stay at 2.

Sections
Shortcuts