This would be a great line for the Buins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: This would be a great line for the Buins

In response to skater68's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Along with his record breaking season and post season play . His performance during the finals is what brought the cup to Boston

"First goaltender to win the Stanley Cup, Vezina, and Conn Smythe trophies in the same season since Bernie Parent for the 1974–75 season"

"Here are some of the stats from his playoff run this year:

He set NHL record for most saves in one playoff year (798)

Set NHL record for most shots faced in one playoff year (849)

Set NHL record for most saves in the Stanley Cup Final (238)

Fourth all-time for most shots faced in the Stanley Cup Final (246)

[/QUOTE]

Hey Spanky,

Check this article that appeared in today's Globe

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/11/thomas_not_the_only_reason_bs_won_cup_julien_says.html

"But Tim Thomas doesn't win the Stanley Cup if our team doesn't play as well as it did in front of him. This is an honest statement." - Claude Julien

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Re: This would be a great line for the Bruins

I did say goaltending brought the cup to Boston

That doesn't necessarily mean TT was on the ice alone but I think holding Vancouver to 8 goals in 7 games is historic goaltending .

And Vancouver had 246 shots over 7 games That rounds out to 35 shots a game

Yeah his team was playing only average at best defensively (another controversial statement I know) Just my take

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

That doesn't necessarily mean TT was on the ice alone but I think holding Vancouver to 8 goals in 7 games is historic goaltending .

Yeah his team was playing only average at best defensively (another controversial statement I know) Just my take

[/QUOTE]

2013 SCF

gm 1 Black Hawks outshoot Bruins 63-54

gm 2 Black Hawks outshoot Bruins 34-28

gm 3 Bruins outshoot Hawks 35-28

gm 4 Black Hawks outshoot Bruins 47-33

gm 5 Black Hawks outshoot Bruins 32-25

gm 6 Black Hawks outshoot Bruins 31-25

235 shots in just 6 games against Rask.  

Bruins scored 23 goals in the 2011 final and only 14 in the 2013 finals.

I could easily argue about the defense in front of TT.

Can you honestly say that 14 goals in 6 games is anything but average at best  goal production?

My point is that excellent goaltending - always necessary to win a cup, also needs to be supported by goals which is what Thomas got and Rask didn't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tuuka last year against the Penguins may have something to say about that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tuuka last year against the Penguins may have something to say about that.

[/QUOTE]

No Kidding! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Awesome post.  Really tired of those 2-way forwards like Bergeron & Krejci too.  I know Seguin won a championship, how many do Thornton and Kessel have?

[/QUOTE]

Bingo ! We have a winner. I will miss Seguin more than Kessel and Jumbo Joe. I just hoping that seguin stays away from the night scene and will do better else where.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

[QUOTE]

Thorton--Seguin---Kessel

Offense all the way

I would pay to watch that

[/QUOTE]

And Looch krejci iggy

march bergy erik .......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't think so

Thorton wasn't traded because of salary

neither were Seguin or Kessel

They were traded because Bruin management had decided they weren't worth keeping

[/QUOTE]

What? Um no. They were all not retained as Bruins partially for salary. If Thornton doesn't leave there's no Chara or Savard.

If Kessel isn't traded because he wants more money than he's worth then there's no Seguin, Hamilton or Knight.

If Seguin isn't traded we don't re-sign Rask because Peverley is still here. We also don't have Eriksson. Probably can't afford Iginla and don't have Smith, Fraser or Morrow.

I'd say they were all victims of the salary cap.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

YES! This would be an awesome scoring line!!! I love the way you think...but at the end of the season that line would also be a minus 70. 

...how do I sum this up??? oh, I know!...

You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68.

I guess us fans will just have to settle for The Cup and another Finals appearance in the last 3 years with a well rounded 2 way lineup. What a shame.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Re: This would be a great line for the Bruins

[/QUOTE] 

...how do I sum this up??? oh, I know!...

You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68.

[/QUOTE]

Aww my feelings are hurt

Self importance out of control. It's just conversation lighten up

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Goaltenting is what brought the cup to Boston

[/QUOTE]

News flash genius, goaltending is the key to EVERY cup.

[/QUOTE]

Along with his record breaking season and post season play . His performance during the finals is what brought the cup to Boston

"First goaltender to win the Stanley Cup, Vezina, and Conn Smythe trophies in the same season since Bernie Parent for the 1974–75 season"

"Here are some of the stats from his playoff run this year:

He set NHL record for most saves in one playoff year (798)

Set NHL record for most shots faced in one playoff year (849)

Set NHL record for most saves in the Stanley Cup Final (238)

Fourth all-time for most shots faced in the Stanley Cup Final (246)

He also finished with an 11-1 record when facing 35 or more shots, led all NHL goaltenders in goals-against average (1.98) and save percentage (.940) and shared lead in shutouts (four) in the 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs, became the first goaltender in NHL history to post a shutout on the road in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final, posted a 1.15 goals-against average in the Stanley Cup Final, the lowest in the modern era among goaltenders with at least five appearances, posted a .967 save percentage in the Stanley Cup Final, third all-time and tops among goaltenders with at least five appearances, became the 13th goaltender since 1927 to post multiple shutouts in the Stanley Cup Final (two), made 52 saves on 54 shots in the Bruins 3-2 win at Philadelphia in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Semifinal, stopped all 24 shots in posting a 1-0 shutout victory over Tampa Bay in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Final, posted the first shutout by a Bruins goaltender in the Stanley Cup Final since May 18, 1978, when Gerry Cheevers made 16 saves to blank Montreal 4-0 in Game 3 at Boston Garden (Game 3)…"

[/QUOTE]

just for the record, in the finals he won games when the bruins scored a lot. he lost the close ones. its great that he shut them out in game 7, he played great, but they did win 4-0. not 1-0. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Just for the record I've never been a huge TT fan although I think he did an outstanding job that year . I also think he played over his head and that was just what the B's needed.

Sections
Shortcuts