THN Projections - No Love for Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

THN Projections - No Love for Bruins

Every year I look forward to reading projections for the upcoming year. I play in a number of hockey pools and am always interested in seeing what the "pros" have to say. I generally buy a number of magazines from THN, McKeens, The Sporting News, etc.. I guess that these companies must have some competition for money as I will normally just buy a couple (usually the first few out).

I picked up my copy of THN yesterday and was excited to see that it was out already. I think that they published prematurely as many FA are yet to be signed and some that are weren't even listed with their new teams. For example, there is no mention of Nolan in Vancouver and he has been signed for a few weeks. Of course, the cover of the magazine has a picture of both Sedin boys - not surprising as they have won the last two Ross trophies.

I thought that the projection for Bruins' players were generally on the low side:

1. Krejci - 60
    2. Lucic - 58
    3. Bergeron - 53
    4. Horton - 50
    5. Seguin - 48
    6. Chara - 48
    7. Pouliot - 40
    8. Marchand - 38
    9. Peverly - 37
    10. Corvo - 35
    11. Savard - 32
    12. Seidenberg - 28
    13 Kelly - 25
    and so on...

Anyways, I'm glad that the time for doing homework on pools is here again. What do you think of the Bruins' predictions??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Re: THN Projections - No Love for Bruins

One little correction: I don't think Nolan signed with VAN. I believe he's been invited to camp on a try-out basis but did not sign.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'm surprised Savard is even on the list.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: THN Projections - No Love for Bruins:
    [QUOTE]I'm surprised Savard is even on the list.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Double that for me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

We'll see who's more right; those of us that made our predictions for the B's or THN!I picked DK to get 92pts this yr.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'd say this is a little low... but not surprising. The Bruins win with solid defense and goaltending and then throwing wave after wave of moderate talent at the other team... other teams can't rely on just one shut-down line, they have to be deep defensively.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

it's fun to read those,great bathroom material, gets me even more excited for the upcoming season but how many "experts" or "pros" picked the bruins to win it all in last years publications?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Pouliot above Peverley is pretty surprising. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The projector uses a formula to come up with his numbers.  The only one who surprises me is Krejci, since he values playoff numbers when calculating the following year.  DK should be closer to 70 or 80.  Personally, I expect Marchand will also score much more than he expects.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

The top of the East are BOS, WASH, PIT, and BUF

From 4 to 8 are the NYR, PHIL, TBAY and MON

CAROLINA will likely finish 9th and hopefully can bump off the Hab-Nots for the 8th spot

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I think Bergeron's numbers are very low.

I'm thinking he makes at least 60 points. Especially if they make a MBS line.

Seguin if he has Bergeron and they click should be a great duo and Marchand already has the chemistry with Bergeron. That line would be lethal if Seguin pans out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

THN, I was a subscriber for 30 years.  Nice publication, needs to be in the 21st century.  The projections as Oates-Cam suggeested is an enigma with some of those totals, yet again the Bs were never ever given proper THN recognition vis a vis Montreal, Toronto, NYR, NYI (before the Wang dynasty of losing) and yes Philly.  Oh well, the Bs won the Cup!  Krejci will be in the 60-70 point mark as number one center imo (Savard was last year a factor in last years point production), Lucic will be per usual 50, Hoton will have a better year than 50, Pouliot may not make the team let alone gain 40 points, Marchand will have "soft more" jinx, and firmly believe Seguin will be on the second line which translate into more points. IMNSHO.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

One of last year's surprises for me was that Lucic out-pointed Horton.  Not so much that I expected less from Lucic, because I was hopeful we'd see a 20+ season, but because I figured of the three players on that line, Krejci would have the highest point total, Horton second, and Lucic third.  Figured DK and NH for the first PP and Lucic on the second - or not if it wasn't working.

So I'm again surprised to see him ahead of NH.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I dont think they are terrible.  The Bruins arent a team with one or two 100 pts guys and I highly doubt DK cracks the 90 pt mark this year.  Thats not a DK thing its more a system that is in place thing. 

We have a handful+ of guys that will crack 20-30 goals and we have a dreadful PP.   I don't see a 40-50 goal guy on this team.

80 pts is my highest prediction for any Bruin.  And the fact every team will be playing their (a) game against us we better be ready from the start.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYASO#7. Show JYASO#7's posts

The only stat I care about is "2 Years in a row".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

THN also says this is the year the Caps win the Cup.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]THN also says this is the year the Caps win the Cup.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    Haven't they picked the Caps 2 or 3 years in a row ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THN Projections - No Love for Bruins : Haven't they picked the Caps 2 or 3 years in a row ?
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

50 - It seems like it but last season's picks were the Canucks.  Two years ago THN chose Philly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

The Bruins will have 5 x 20 goal scorers.  And I'm ok with that.  As long as Rask and Thomas win the Jennings Trophy.