THN rumor roundup McCabe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

THN rumor roundup McCabe

I have just read that there has been speculation that the B's might trade for Bryan McCabe at the trade deadline.  I think he would be a great asset for the B's and that it would be ideal if they did trade for him that they either extend him or sign him at the end of the season as he is an upcoming ufa.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Re: THN rumor roundup McCabe

Well he can really shoot the puck and had 20 goals in one season.
    Terrible in his own end.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Tucker,

He wants to remain in Florida for starters. He went on the record to state same.  I think he will be in the mix.  His PP and leadership levels would be nice.  In his own end he can be very bad.  Not a bad option if we need someone in the end.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Florida will ask for at least 2 high picks and a prospect.  Worth it? 

I'm guessing Zach Hamill or Scott Arniel.  + Boston 1st 2011, and maybe Boston 2nd 2011 or 2012

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

No thanks.  He was ditched to Florida for a reason.  Ugh.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

You think LA would trade Doughty? WHich pick?  Toronto's or Boston's?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

NOOOOOOOOOOO  the guy is 36 and has a broken jaw...he is probably at the end of his carrer ...he is slower his production has gone down ...that would be a BAD TRADE ....we would have 2 healthy scratchs every game from now on ...too many D's ...

PLEASE PC DONT DO THIS TRADE.......

WE NEED A FORWARD .......................

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In Response to Re: THN rumor roundup McCabe:
    [QUOTE]This makes me think the Florida GM is Chiarelli's only friend.  I want Doughty for the first round pick.  If not then Richards will be just fine. Wheeler     Richards     Seguin   (Make it a first line Brad, or you suck) Lucic          Krejci       Horton Marchand   Bergeron    Recchi Paille/Caron Campbell  Thornton
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

why in the world would L.A. trade Doughty???? are you nuts??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

he would be a huge mistake and NOT worth a first round pick by a longshot..........he is a defensive liability 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Go after seabrook if anything if possible.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

If you're going to give up the Tor. #1 pick (and if you're PC, you HAVE TO in order to get back any kind of imapct player that would REALLY improve the B's, please not McCabe. Don't we already have enough slow D-men in our own end who cough up the puck and get picked clean by aggressive forechecking teams?

McCabe does nothing to change any of that. Seabrook would be a far better fit, but I agree I don't think the Hawks would do it even for the #1 pick PC has.

Go after Yandle. Make a serious play at Richards (I doubt JJ would be willing, but they SHOULD.) Do SOMETHING to upgrade this team b/c they are exactly the same level as what their sweater says: "B"....and that aint good enuff to win the Cup.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]NOOOOOOOOOOO  the guy is 36 and has a broken jaw...he is probably at the end of his carrer ...he is slower his production has gone down ...that would be a BAD TRADE ....we would have 2 healthy scratchs every game from now on ...too many D's ... PLEASE PC DONT DO THIS TRADE....... WE NEED A FORWARD ....................... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

We need a D. But we agree about McCabe thats for sure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He is over the hill and was always overrated. NO THANKS

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Interesting, but I hope everyone realizes that there's more to the NHL in February than just the trade deadline.

If I were to believe all the rumors being floated around here, TO's first pick would be dealt five times over, Krejci would be long gone, and Rask would be sent out for who knows what ...

I'm not trolling here but I can't wait until March 1 so we can start talking about the playoffs and the overall states of the team and league again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

McCabe has stated he wants to remain in FLA. His family resides there 12 months a year and..... He has a NO TRADE CLAUSE!!! If he wants to stay + a NTC = He ain't coming to Boston!

We can all move on to another "rumor" now.

Geez! The 28th can't come soon enough.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THN rumor roundup McCabe : This is the last year of his deal.  They will have to give him a big raise next year, as will we if we acquire him.  The Kings have a lot of needs.  Would they rather pay Doughty big money, or take their chances with two first round picks. Our defensemen other than Chara would also be available.  It might be closer than you think.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

Not a chance Matt.  The Kings regard Doughty as the closest thing to Ray Bourque they're ever going to find.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I think I would agree with that assement of Drew Doughty.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Kaberle is a better option than McCabe

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Drew Doughty is going nowhere, you might as well be asking for Kopitar also.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raa5150. Show raa5150's posts

get Hemsky from Edmonton for Kampfer and Hamill
    get Richards for Wheeler, Stuart or Ference and our 1st pick.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

they would have been better off keeping wideman, also a liability in his own zone but can put the puck in the net and has the nice first pass out of the defensive zone....why would they want mccabe, knowing this about Wideman's game?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Why not just get Souray for nothing. He's as good as McCabe, and better defensively. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

He is an upgrade offensively over Mark Stuart, but by what margin?  Not sure if it's enough to be worth a 2nd rd pick?  3rd rounder yes, 1st rounder is out of the question for me. 

Sections
Shortcuts