Thomas and Chara

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Thomas and Chara

On the Bruins side you are talking about their top D and and on the Washington side you're talking about their 3rd string pair. If you don't know the names of Washington's top pairing, it's not worth discussing this with you. Chara likely has many years left of high-end play. Without him, the B's are in trouble. He has a no-trade clause. This whole discussion is pointless. I can't believe I wasted 2 minutes of my life typing this...

In Response to Re: Thomas and Chara:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas and Chara : Name me a defensman on Wahington that played 25 quality minutes. This team held the Bruins to 1 goal in 3 of their 4 homes games with Hamirlik and Wideman on the back end. Come playoff time everyone tightens up, speaking of Nashville 9 goals against with 2 studs.
    Posted by mitchco98[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

NO !!!  Don't trade TT.....NO !!! Don't trade Chara.....Unless of coarse you work for the Montreal Canadians and feel like Boston wouldn't win another Cup because of that perceived bone head trade.....Just my opinion though

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

mitchco - Just some friendly advice. All of us have posted things that could have been better thought through and one of the strength of this board is the many knowledgeable posters who will then weigh in and dissect and analyze the OP. Then what happens when the post is proven to be, let us say, off the mark, the now less ignorant poster then usually acknowledges that, yeah, I was off base on this one guys. Good points by all. You however, have decided to cling to your feeble and idiotic original premise leaving me no choice but to assume you are a moron who hasn't really watched Chara play or have no clue how the game is played. If you're going to continue to post on this board I suggest you be more open to what others say, learn from them and improve your hockey acumen. There are enough idiots on here already. We don't need another one. 
    Cheers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Mitchco is offically the dumbest poster ever. Trade the overrated Chara. Wow. Go back to your job working in the donut shop.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I opened this thread and saw I already had this poster on ignore...after seeing his comments in reply boxes, it became clear why he was on ignore.

By all means we should get rid of the best defender this team has had since Ray Bourque (and best athlete this team has EVER had) because you deem him overrated. Sure. let's go with that.
    Don't quit your day job.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I opened this thread and saw I already had this poster on ignore...after seeing his comments in reply boxes, it became clear why he was on ignore. By all means we should get rid of the best defender this team has had since Ray Bourque (and best athlete this team has EVER had) because you deem him overrated. Sure. let's go with that. Don't quit your day job.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]
    But OB, Montreal needs a GM. He'd be perfect.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Dez, they do not. Just hired Bergevin from Chicago.
    Mitchco missed it by that much

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas and Chara : But OB, Montreal needs a GM. He'd be perfect.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

He would be perfect. Unfortunately the scabs just hired Marc Bergevin. He speaks french so all's good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Sweet Elvis in a smoking birch bark canoe... we have a new candidate for dumbest thread in BDC history.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, they do not. Just hired Bergevin from Chicago. Mitchco missed it by that much
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]
    Sooooooo close.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

While we are on the Chara subject, how many guys would have gotten their nose broken, two black eyes and not worn a cage the next few games. And i wouldnt have questioned his toughness at all if he did, it's just that more amazing he didnt. If that isnt a sign of toughness and leading by example I don't know what is.

He is simply an amazing athlete, other teams hit him every chance they get and I'd be willing to bet they are the ones who come out worse for the wear. I know he's the captain, and they lost in the first round to a much lower seed but I thought him and Seidenberg were absolutley dominant, don't think they could have played any better.

Instead of writing stupid blogs about how he is overrated, and if anything it's totally the opposite, try enjoy watching him play, we may never see soemeone like him again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: . Big Z is had very little to do with Boston winning the cup last year, Posted by mitchco98[/QUOTE]

It's hard to find words to sum up the stupidity of this statement. You can't be this foolish therefore you must have made this statement for fun. Troll

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Tim Thomas--Vezina, allowed 16 goals in a 7-game series, held a tie after regulation in 4 games, a win in regulation after 1.
    Zdeno Chara--Norris, carried team's defensive load with Dennis Seidenberg, produced some offense, and mostly held in check sniper Ovechkin.

Clearly these two need to be moved. It's easy, just trade them or replace them. Easy as that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Chara will be mentoring Dougie for a few years...hopefully some nasty rubs off to go with the offensive skill -scary, and maybe some more Norris trophies.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Let us not forget the game winner from game 3....

Chara relies on his smarts, strength and size. Smarts and size won't diminish for an other 30 years, and his strength for an other 10-15. If there's any player in the NHL that will be able to play past the age of 45, it's this guy.

Thomas? Who knows. I'm part of the group that doesn't want to sacrifice the future by sticking with Thomas for however long he can last and risk losing Tuukka, but not THAT far. Granted, he'd have to go for the right price, but I think it would be silly for the Bruins to refuse offers as some on here suggest.

Chara though? Come on, dude.
    Strongest/Best conditioned/Best lockdown/One of the smartest defenders in the world. If Lidstrom, who is strictly an offensive guy, can win a Norris at age 39, there's no reason Chara can't.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Let us not forget the game winner from game 3.... Chara relies on his smarts, strength and size. Smarts and size won't diminish for an other 30 years, and his strength for an other 10-15. If there's any player in the NHL that will be able to play past the age of 45, it's this guy. Thomas? Who knows. I'm part of the group that doesn't want to sacrifice the future by sticking with Thomas for however long he can last and risk losing Tuukka, but not THAT far. Granted, he'd have to go for the right price, but I think it would be silly for the Bruins to refuse offers as some on here suggest. Chara though? Come on, dude. Strongest/Best conditioned/Best lockdown/One of the smartest defenders in the world. If Lidstrom, who is strictly an offensive guy, can win a Norris at age 39, there's no reason Chara can't.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]

Lidstrom strictly offensive? He might not be the player he was five years ago but he isnt or ever was strictly an offensive guy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

*He won the Norris for his offensive skill.

He's no Wideman/Kaberle in his own end, but he's not in Chara's league defensively, IMO.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

This has been a really disturbing discussion initiated bya fairly new troll. there are untouchables in any sport or team, and Chara, at this point is untouchable.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]*He won the Norris for his offensive skill. He's no Wideman/Kaberle in his own end, but he's not in Chara's league defensively, IMO.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]

I don't think he's ever won the Norris striclty on his offensive output, the guys about one of the best overall defenseman to ever play the game, some will say he is the best, either way he is in the top 5 to ever play if not higher, I dont see how anyone can make an argument otherwise.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Lidstrom is a career +450. While it is true stats are not everything, this does represent a major accomplishment for a guy who had played 24-25 minutes a night in all situtations since 1991. So yes, his defence has been on par with his offensive ability over the course of his Hall of Fame career.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Ok. First things first. Chara doesn't get traded by the B's. As for Thomas. Well, if a team comes calling and makes a very decent offer. I say TT is as good as gone. We need to resign Rask and make him the #1. After that this team needs to resign C. Kelly. After that the B's need to make a huge push to get Z. Parise from the Devils and maybe Selanne (if he dont retire) Parise would be a great fit in a B's uniform. Defense I would let Corvo go and bring in Hamilton and let him play with either Chara or Seidenberg. All in all. The B's do need to trade TT and get 1 or 2 solid scoring forwards in here. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas and Chara : If you can't be factual be funny......oh wait, you missed out there too.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Im thinking if he's not bright enough to know the difference bewteen "roll" and "role" the whole "Chara is a Norris finalist" and was clearly the B's MVP concept is just a little too complicated for him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Thomas and Chara : Your an idiot. Seriously, an idiot.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

So what your saying is that Lurch is untouchable and not open for discussion. So many premier players have been traded. If someone told you that Richards and Carter would be traded last summer you would have tought that person was an idiot.
    That happened and Philly is doing just fine not to mention the young talent they received in Schenn, Simmonds and Couturier.

So I would say you are the idiot.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas and Chara : So what your saying is that Lurch is untouchable and not open for discussion. So many premier players have been traded. If someone told you that Richards and Carter would be traded last summer you would have tought that person was an idiot. That happened and Philly is doing just fine not to mention the young talent they received in Schenn, Simmonds and Couturier. So I would say you are the idiot.....

mitch - No one is disputing star players being traded.  You mention Carter and Richards as examples.  Wasn't the word from GM Holmgren that the Flyers needed a culture change within their team plus the idea of freeing up cap room to sign Bryzkolov? 

Chara is about as dignified a captain as a club can have.  Your take doesn't seem to have anything to do with capitalizing on his peak value.  Your use of the name Lurch says you're just not a fan of this guy.  No big deal.  He's got plenty in this forum.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas and Chara : So what your saying is that Lurch is untouchable and not open for discussion. So many premier players have been traded. If someone told you that Richards and Carter would be traded last summer you would have tought that person was an idiot. That happened and Philly is doing just fine not to mention the young talent they received in Schenn, Simmonds and Couturier. So I would say you are the idiot.....

I'll educate you. First, Carter, lets say had some issues in the locker room to put it vaguely, second, they both refused to sign a no-alcohol sheet put forth by the coach during the previous playoffs. They pretty much wrote their own tickets out of town. Chara just signed a new deal, is the face of the franchise. Could he be traded? After seeing Gretzky dealt I'd never say never, but what makes you the idiot is saying he is overrated. So yes, you are the idiot.