Thomas being used....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Thomas being used....

I live in Abbotsford BC, and saw this add on the side of a bus stop advertising Abbotsford's AHL team the Heat.  Thought it was kind of funny they were using a picture of Thomas in their add to sell tickets, especially since this is Canucks territory.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Thomas being used....

Who is the Heat keeper in that pic?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

It is Leland Irving, Abbotsford's current goaltender.  To their credit, beside Thomas in small letter is says "Tim Thomas - 2006 AHL Alumni".  I dont know how long this add has been up but it is at least a week.  I'm just shocked that a Canucks fan hasn't defaced Thomas yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I know what you mean - I still don't wear my Bruins gear out and about. I've only worn a jersey in public once since the riot

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Now why the heck wouldn't they put their own alum on there, or ANYONE other than Thomas? I know the Heat haven't had a team for long, but a 2 second search tells us the roots of the team run through Quad City, Omaha, Saint John, Utica and Maine. Off the top of my head, I remember Brodeur playing in Utica and of course Pete Peters and Pelle Lindbergh for the hometown Mariners.

This is the silliest marketing blunder I've seen in a long time. There HAS to be a Bruins fan in the Heat organization. I blame her:

http://icehockey.wikia.com/wiki/Terri_Breker

Thanks for finding this. Classic!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

lol

Terri is an aquaintance of mine. I don't know her well (maybe one or two chats)but I found her to be a  nice woman, with a solid blocker. Gotta go glove side or five-hole. (never played her personally, but I watched some of the marathon game)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Side note: I love how Canadian teams (outside of NHL) are always stacked by players like Terri. Go up and down front offices of the AHL or juniors and they all play...right down to the 2nd assistant in charge of in-game promotions and concession pretzels. In the States, that same position is filled by some upstart PR or Marketing person who gives a rat's patootie about hockey.

Totally random. Sorry.

That marathon game deal is pretty neat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I think its great.  He's literally the "poster child" for hard work, determination and following your dream to the promise land.  Why NOT use his image is what I want to know?????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

May as well use the best !    PS: i spent a wonderful week in Vancouver this early Sept., and wore my Bruins cap every day. Had lot's of fun kibitzing with Canucklehead fans and ALL of them pointed out how bad they felt about the riot thing. Good natured conversations.  All in all a very good time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

I am always wearing my Bruins gear around and for the most part it is not too bad aside from a little heckling now and then.  I will admit though, the heckling gets a lot worse when I am wearing my Marchand jersey than when I wear Savard.  I still dont think the fans around here are above defacing Thomas and am willing to bet it will happen in the next few days.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from diz420. Show diz420's posts

I think it's a riot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Nobody likes the Canucks.  They are such an arrogant bunch of a-ses.  Never want to see them win anything.