Thomas - Corvo - Macdermid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Thomas - Corvo - Macdermid

I finally had the chance to watch a Bruins game. The B's are slowly getting out of the rut. I notice the goal against Thomas same on the rush over his left shoulder, it seems to be his weakness as of late. Tim seems to have a slow reaction/ hesitant timing with a shot in the that area. Is it just Timmy or is his shoulder bothering him ?

Corvo actually played a hockey gm. nice little pass to Seguin to set up a brk away. I was content with Corvo's performance the other night. Hopefully knowing that he could be the odd man out come playoff time is making Joe redeem to his coach. Should be interesting to see todays gm. if he will show more consistency.

I am enjoying seeing the new kid Macdermid coming up doing well. I will give him 100% credit for taking on Rupp. I will still say the Bruins 4th line is still my personally most interesting line to watch. The Thornton shot without hesitating and Campbell's deflection was awesome. Hopefully more goals from this line will be a bonus.

It obvious that Caron and Seguin is taking the headline news which is great by my standards.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Re: Thomas - Corvo - Macdermid

I am not disecting Thomas just concerned about the weakness as of late. He will always be my top three Bruins goalie of all time. Gilbert and Moog will always be on the list also.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Thomas - Corvo - Macdermid:
    [QUOTE]I finally had the chance to watch a Bruins game. The B's are slowly getting out of the rut. I notice the goal against Thomas same on the rush over his left shoulder, it seems to be his weakness as of late. Tim seems to have a slow reaction/ hesitant timing with a shot in the that area. Is it just Timmy or is his shoulder bothering him ? Corvo actually played a hockey gm. nice little pass to Seguin to set up a brk away. I was content with Corvo's performance the other night. Hopefully knowing that he could be the odd man out come playoff time is making Joe redeem to his coach. Should be interesting to see todays gm. if he will show more consistency . In conclusion I am enjoying seeing the new kid Macdermid coming up doing well. I will give him 100% credit for taking on Rupp. I will still say the Bruins 4th line is still my personally most interesting line to watch. The Thornton shot without hesitating and Campbell's deflection was awesome . Hopefully more goals from this line will be a bonus.
    Posted by orr4neely8[/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure he'll be the odd man out come playoff time. Around this forum it would be a for sure thing. But we don't make the line-ups. I'm guessing he will play the same role he's been in all year round and CJ will live and die with Corvo's defensive zone mistakes ( eg. Kaberle from last year ).

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IMO McDermid is ready to replace Thorny. Not that thorny's not still energetic, but this kid has the energy/toughness, and control's the puck much better. If Corvo doesn't pull any more obvious goofs, he will continue to play with Seids, and Zanon/Mottau will alternate with Ference, or give others a one game rest. IMO Thomas has been so-so for quite a while. He does seem to wake up after giving up one or two goals, and comes back strong, but he is not the Timmy of last year. Which, in itself is a difficult pinnacle to reach. Khudobin has only been Ok in Providence, but they have endured a lengthy learning process all year. IMO Peter and Claude are hoping Tuuka responds sooner, rather than later.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I could see CJ platooning Corvo, Zanon and Motteau, each seeing some playoff action but not necessarily dressing every game..  Their individual play will dicatate the amount of ice they see.  I think CJ has learned he doesn't have to be so stubborn anymore and keep someone in the lineup just because they were with the team at the beginning of October.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't understand why Pominville's perfectly placed beautiful snipe is confusing some on here. Thomas took away the bottom part of the net then dared Jason to beat him high...Jason did. How many forwards in this league can make that shot ?

Julien was a defenseman in the NHL and I think he has a bit of a soft spot for his blueliners. I have noticed as well that Claude will keep throwing Corvo back so he doesn't lose confidence. I expect Zanon's minutes to go up as the playoffs get closer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas - Corvo - Macdermid:
    [QUOTE]IMO McDermid is ready to replace Thorny. Not that thorny's not still energetic, but this kid has the energy/toughness, and control's the puck much better. If Corvo doesn't pull any more obvious goofs, he will continue to play with Seids, and Zanon/Mottau will alternate with Ference, or give others a one game rest. IMO Thomas has been so-so for quite a while. He does seem to wake up after giving up one or two goals, and comes back strong, but he is not the Timmy of last year. Which, in itself is a difficult pinnacle to reach. Khudobin has only been Ok in Providence, but they have endured a lengthy learning process all year. IMO Peter and Claude are hoping Tuuka responds sooner, rather than later.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Good to have MacDaddy around for the Rags/ Philthies games even when Paille is back ( hopefully), but I don't think he's ready to replace Thorts just yet... When you look at Thorts' fightcard with heavies, even though he doesn't win em all, he's right there with most of them ( although yes, I get get hasn't gone with Scott yet, but few do ....)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas - Corvo - Macdermid : Good to have MacDaddy around for the Rags/ Philthies games even when Paille is back ( hopefully), but I don't think he's ready to replace Thorts just yet... When you look at Thorts' fightcard with heavies, even though he doesn't win em all, he's right there with most of them ( although yes, I get get hasn't gone with Scott yet, but few do ....)
    Posted by Griswal65[/QUOTE]
    Nobody should bother fighting Scott as he's the league's worst player. Keep him on the ice as much as Torts is willing to put him out there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas - Corvo - Macdermid : Good to have MacDaddy around for the Rags/ Philthies games even when Paille is back ( hopefully), but I don't think he's ready to replace Thorts just yet... When you look at Thorts' fightcard with heavies, even though he doesn't win em all, he's right there with most of them ( although yes, I get get hasn't gone with Scott yet, but few do ....)

Well, he didn't go with Scott because he had stitches in his head.  In a miraculous act of divine amazement, he was healed two days later and good to fight Rosehill.  He probably should have plead stitches in that one also, as he got his head handed to him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas - Corvo - Macdermid : Well, he didn't go with Scott because he had stitches in his head.  In a miraculous act of divine amazement, he was healed two days later and good to fight Rosehill.  He probably should have plead stitches in that one also, as he got his head handed to him.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Haha, I was waiting for this and you did not dissapoint..Well put.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Why are alot of people so high on McDermid?? He fought Rupp on his first shift, good for him, other than that I'd say there is too small a sample for anyone to get excited about anything.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Why are alot of people so high on McDermid?? He fought Rupp on his first shift, good for him, other than that I'd say there is too small a sample for anyone to get excited about anything.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

He's a ghost on the ice.  Now, that means he isn't making glaring mistakes, but isn't the B's fourth line the best in the NHL?  No ghosts on that line when they won the Cup.

He did okay in one fight, nothing else, and he's replacing Thornton or Paille and is a future third liner on the Cup champs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas - Corvo - Macdermid : He's a ghost on the ice.  Now, that means he isn't making glaring mistakes, but isn't the B's fourth line the best in the NHL?  No ghosts on that line when they won the Cup. He did okay in one fight, nothing else, and he's replacing Thornton or Paille and is a future third liner on the Cup champs.
    The "ghost" drew 2 penalties by keeping his feet moving today.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas - Corvo - Macdermid : The "ghost" drew 2 penalties by keeping his feet moving today.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I don't give much credit to this recent cool stat.  Jack couldn't stop mentioning it at the beginning of the season. Yahoo posts it in the box scores.  I don't get it.

Sure, when a pest stirs it up and the other guy gets the retaliatory penalty, that makes sense.  Just because a guy gets tripped, that makes his value rise?

As for your direct statement, Dez, please help me understand why MacDermid gets extra credit for playing the puck.  He kept his feet moving?  Do you even recall the penalties?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas - Corvo - Macdermid : I don't give much credit to this recent cool stat.  Jack couldn't stop mentioning it at the beginning of the season. Yahoo posts it in the box scores.  I don't get it. Sure, when a pest stirs it up and the other guy gets the retaliatory penalty, that makes sense.  Just because a guy gets tripped, that makes his value rise? As for your direct statement, Dez, please help me understand why MacDermid gets extra credit for playing the puck.  He kept his feet moving?  Do you even recall the penalties?
    I was unaware of this "stat". I only know from watching that he was tripped on 2 shifts in a row. I'm surprised your unfamiliar with the concept of outworking a guy and forcing him to take a penalty.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas - Corvo - Macdermid : I was unaware of this "stat". I only know from watching that he was tripped on 2 shifts in a row. I'm surprised your unfamiliar with the concept of outworking a guy and forcing him to take a penalty.

If Player A is playing the puck along the boards in a scrum and Player B trips him, I don't give any extra credit to Player A.   (See: MacDermid's for "penalty drew")

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas - Corvo - Macdermid : If Player A is playing the puck along the boards in a scrum and Player B trips him, I don't give any extra credit to Player A.   (See: MacDermid's for "penalty drew")
    Bottom line is nobody trips a ghost.......twice.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

NAS, it's obvious since your "vacation" that you are drinking a different cool-aid these days. Mc Dermid controls the puck better than both Thornton and Pouliot. He is also a decent skater and has the Bruins type of toughness in his game. Doesn't mean he is ready to replace anyone yet, just that he has potential, and is only 22. This obviously gives Peter an alternative if he needs it. Thomas, as stated elsewhere appears to have more problems than expected in the past two months. It could be a natural aging of his athletic skills; It could be mental distractions from his "facebook/Twitter posts; It could be ineffective defensemen not clearing his rebounds or taking their man out of the play[ particularly apt with Corvo].

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas - Corvo - Macdermid : Bottom line is nobody trips a ghost.......twice.

Ghosts do trip people, however.  See:  Pouliot, Benoit

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas - Corvo - Macdermid : Ghosts do trip people, however.  See:  Pouliot, Benoit
    No kidding. I wondered what was causing it.LOL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas - Corvo - Macdermid : Well, he didn't go with Scott because he had stitches in his head.  In a miraculous act of divine amazement, he was healed two days later and good to fight Rosehill.  He probably should have plead stitches in that one also, as he got his head handed to him.

Why the Fk would he have gone with Scott in that game ? If he'd run amok, ya, he would've showed up, but otherwise no reason to.... You ever play contact hockey ? Without a faceshield ?? He fought back for a split dec'n with Rosehill. Rosehill's no slouch. Nothing to be ashamed of there. I guess if you really dislike ( abhor in your case ) a player, you'll always see mostly (only) the punches they take.... He was remiss today, though; I will agree with you there. Maybe MacD should've stepped up too...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas - Corvo - Macdermid : Haha, I was waiting for this and you did not dissapoint..Well put.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Nice, pile on Thorts !!

Shouldn't you be fighting your own battle with Bass for basically calling you a vag, "Kevi ?" Strength in numbers is only for cowards, meow ....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas - Corvo - Macdermid : Why the Fk would he have gone with Scott in that game ? If he'd run amok, ya, he would've showed up, but otherwise no reason to.... You ever play contact hockey ? Without a faceshield ?? He fought back for a split dec'n with Rosehill. Rosehill's no slouch. Nothing to be ashamed of there. I guess if you really dislike ( abhor in your case ) a player, you'll always see mostly (only) the punches they take.... He was remiss today, though; I will agree with you there. Maybe MacD should've stepped up too...  

He would for three reasons.

1.  The Rangers picked up Scott to add toughness.  No better way to squash their swagger than to go with and at least draw even with him.  You can't decide to fight some of the goons when you are a goon.  You have to fight them all.

2.  Many other fights were breaking out, but the goon keeps his gloves on?

3.  It's his job.  He isn't on the team for any other reason.  His job is to entertain the crowd by staging fights against the other team's skating clowns. 

As for Scott running amok, well, he was certainly giving Chara some grief.  Do you want to see the best player in the city tangling with John Scott, or would you prefer the simple to replace goon to do it?

You tell me, Drewski:  Why wouldn't he go?