Thomas Embarrassed

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Thomas Embarrassed

I hate when people who don't watch the game come in and comment on it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Agree Kel.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

agreed, DeadAhead...Thomas grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory...gave hockey one of the most historic title runs ever, then became the class clown...idiot

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

Makes a fool of himself in net after holding the franchise hostage signing his deal and "retiring" to make it about him and being obsessed with politics, only to become unglued when he wanted it to be about him tonight.

Justice served.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Rusty Trombone doesn't know Tom Gilbert from Gilbert Grape.

His opinions here are worthless.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Rusty, the moment you said that Orr was traded you gave open reason for every poster on the Bruins site to call into question your veracity as a hockey fan, in perpuity. Don't be so surprised when people here immediately dismiss what you say since you have poven you know extraoridinarily little about the Bruins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

For me, Thomas ( up to this point ) will always be the best goalie I've seen to have worn a Bruin's sweater. 

Back then, I respected his personal decision to leave the game. That hasn't changed. He had other things in life that were important to him more then hockey.

Regarding the "Thomas embarrassed" comment by the OP ? Yes, as a team the Panthers stink. Being part of that must be embarrassing for him. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I hate when people who don't watch the game come in and comment on it.

What? I watched it. He got lit.   He was out of position all night and looks slow as hell, then whined postgame and blamed others.

He also claimed he didn't hear the classy cheers from the fans pre-game:

"I didn't really hear it too much," Thomas said. "There were really not a lot of feelings."

Unfortunately, Thomas is Ray Allen and destroyed his legacy. Sometimes it's not about the ego. Many players made that mistake here.  

He was speaking about the taunting "Thomas, Thomas" in the third.  Not the applause when they announced him as the starter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

I'm more 'interested' in his (Thomas') chop to the neck/head area of Soderberg with seconds remaining. Reviewable, I think. He could have really injured Soderberg.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

My nightmare is that TT goes to Tampa or Pitt at the trade deadline

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

He was speaking about the taunting "Thomas, Thomas" in the third.  Not the applause when they announced him as the starter.

This isn't surprising.  The Rusty Trombone lies all day long on the Pats side.  And I mean all day long.  How else could you post over 100 times a day and not do it all day long?

I've come across some weird dudes in sports chat sections of the web, but nothing like this.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Makes a fool of himself in net after holding the franchise hostage signing his deal and "retiring" to make it about him and being obsessed with politics, only to become unglued when he wanted it to be about him tonight.

Justice served.

I don't recall Thomas "holding the franchise hostage".  He took a year off and Rask took the reigns, leading the team to Game 6 of the Cup finals.  If that team was held hostage, please, sign more Iranians.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Justice served.

Great another crazy vindictive US liberal. People here in Montreal recognize his greatness at least.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

how about talking about mothereffing hockey?

TT at the trade deadline to someone?

Boyes is up for grabs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Justice served.

I don't recall Thomas "holding the franchise hostage".  He took a year off and Rask took the reigns, leading the team to Game 6 of the Cup finals.  If that team was held hostage, please, sign more Iranians.

Notashot....Thomas' salary counted against us in the salary cap despite that the kook took the year off...he signed a contract and did not fulfill its terms, handicapping the Bruins by not playing and by hurting us on the salary cap...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

You are all Jacobs and Bettman lovers and fanboys.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

You are all Jacobs and Bettman lovers and fanboys.

Oh yeah right Davey.  You've got a Bettman blowup doll in your closet.

We know.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

"After Carl Soderberg ran into him, Thomas responded by hitting the center in the head with his stick — a move that could get him a call from the league. Soderberg flew to the ice and the Garden exploded with a mix of boos and more derisive chants.

“Soderberg, the play before that, he did a pretty hard jab,” Thomas said. “Then all a sudden the puck’s up in the air, you’re catching it and his stick is in my throat. With less than a minute left in the game and they’re up by four goals, 6-2, I took exception to that.”

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruins_nhl/boston_bruins/2014/01/tim_thomas_hears_it_all_from_garden_faithful

He's blaming Soderberg?

Glad he's gone.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:

"After Carl Soderberg ran into him, Thomas responded by hitting the center in the head with his stick — a move that could get him a call from the league. Soderberg flew to the ice and the Garden exploded with a mix of boos and more derisive chants.

“Soderberg, the play before that, he did a pretty hard jab,” Thomas said. “Then all a sudden the puck’s up in the air, you’re catching it and his stick is in my throat. With less than a minute left in the game and they’re up by four goals, 6-2, I took exception to that.”

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruins_nhl/boston_bruins/2014/01/tim_thomas_hears_it_all_from_garden_faithful

He's blaming Soderberg?

Glad he's gone.

I don't like TT, but I can't fault him for defending himself against opposing forwards in or around his crease if his defenseman aren't there doing the job.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Kind of a harsh way of putting it , hostage ?  no but he did hinder PC's cap management a little . Luckily ot was a s_hort season and it all worked out in the end.

Tim Thomas has nothing to be embarrassed about.

I'm with BadHab, I could see maybe the Pens going after Thomas at the trade deadline. Somethng like Tampa did in 2011 and got Dwayne Roloson

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Kind of a harsh way of putting it , hostage ?  no but he did hinder PC's cap management a little . Luckily ot was a s_hort season and it all worked out in the end.

Tim Thomas has nothing to be embarrassed about.

I'm with BadHab, I could see maybe the Pens going after Thomas at the trade deadline. Somethng like Tampa did in 2011 and got Dwayne Roloson

Then again, a couple of those goals were TT's fault last night - he looked bad on the Krecji goal, it didn't even look like he tried to get it.  Hopefully he keeps that form if he's moved at the trade deadline.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

thomas has treated this organization horribly. i don't care what you're political beliefs are, you don't blow off the white house. then spouting off his idiocy on facebook and beating his chest while yelling at reporters. and then yes, taking the year off was a really scummy move. how often does that happen? i can't wait until this guy is out of hockey, sitting in his bunker getting fat off bud and beef jerky. 

Sections
Shortcuts