Thomas Embarrassed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Thomas Embarrassed

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A stick to the throat can cause damage too! 

[/QUOTE]

With all that goalie armor on? Come on man. Incidental contact is one thing. What happened to TT in the final seconds of last nights game could happen throughout the course of any game(like you or someone else said, it IS hockey remember?!). TT swung his stick at Soderbergs head. Way different. That is something that should never be in the game. You cant excuse that. If that were Price or Luongo doing that people would want their head on a platter.

[/QUOTE]

6-2 and going hard into the goalie ? I would react the same way if Rask did that to Gallagher. Good on Soderberg for playing hard all the way to the final whistle but he better be ready for a reaction.

[/QUOTE]

Thank You Legion! Someone else who gets it! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Nope, someone else who didn't get it either.

skater68, on the other hand, got it right:

In response to skater68's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought what TT did was worse than what ST got 15 games for and I felt for sure he should have gotten ejected. Taking your stick to a players head has never been acceptable in the NHL no matter how angry or frustrated you are. It's good he didn't pull that crap against the Canadians or he'd would have been jailed. Classless is being kind.

[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

A stick to the throat can cause damage too! 

[/QUOTE]

With all that goalie armor on? Come on man. Incidental contact is one thing. What happened to TT in the final seconds of last nights game could happen throughout the course of any game(like you or someone else said, it IS hockey remember?!). TT swung his stick at Soderbergs head. Way different. That is something that should never be in the game. You cant excuse that. If that were Price or Luongo doing that people would want their head on a platter.

[/QUOTE]

6-2 and going hard into the goalie ? I would react the same way if Rask did that to Gallagher. Good on Soderberg for playing hard all the way to the final whistle but he better be ready for a reaction.

[/QUOTE]

Thank You Legion! Someone else who gets it! 

[/QUOTE]

Chop to the head is still a little overexuberant,imo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

Name calling is cute and all but answer the question. Why doesnt the "Its hockey, get over it" mentality apply to Tim Thomas? 

You may wanna read through my posts in this thread, i said i would have no issue with it if he hit him, shoved him, whatever else generally happens during the course of a hockey game. You cant swing your stick at someones head. I have an issue with that. Why does that translate into me being a baby?

[/QUOTE]

Aww Davey don't take that personally...It's how I communicate with all my buddies too. This place is like a sports bar where you get into a disagreement & you call them names. If I didn't respect you as a knowledgable poster I wouldn't be responding, because you'd be on ignore. Whether that means anything to you or not doesn't matter, but it's just the way it is for me. I've stopped trying to reason with the idiots & argue & name call the good posters. So Cheers!

Now I already answered your question in other post on this subject. I don't think either player did anything wrong. I applaude Soderberg playing to the whistle, but I applaude Thomas for his reaction too. Thomas doesn't know how Carl's stick got him in the throat & he doesn't care. Nor, would I. If you're going to play & go hard to the net & hurt a goalie, who's already po'd for numerous & obvious reasons. You should be prepared to take a beating. Soderberg & Thomas both took a beating. There's numerous things that irk the hellouttame, but 2 of them are. Double Standards & hypocrisy. I don't remember one single person on here (ignore list not counting) complaining when Thomas knocked the Sedin Sister down, or when he went after Burrows in the SCF's. And the whack he gave Burrows was a lot harder. Now it so happened he hit Soderberg in the head. Did Thomas mean to hit him in the head. I highly doubt it, but I don't think he cared if he did. And again....I don't either. Soderberg isn't hurt & admitted that he got hit in the side of the helmet, but nobody mentions him falling to the ice holding his face. He's a Bruin, not a Canuck. Don't dive & pretend something hurt that wasn't even touched. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

/QUOTE]

Soderberg got what he deserved! 

[/QUOTE]

Geez Nite, i'd hate to see what would happen to Soderberg if he actually bowled TT over, the guillotine suffice?

[/QUOTE]

Waterboarded sounds about right!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Davey,

nite is one of the most affable members here.  He loads his posts with name calling and jabs, but never in a harmful fashion.

It's like Billy the Kid said in Young Guns II:  I never stole a horse from someone I didn't like.

And nite:  Fawk you!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There you go one of his recipients of butt kissing. 

Kinda guy who  stupidly uses names and then says hey just kidding.  I say you wouldn't want to be around him. He must be a very loud guy  Who never stifles it.

[/QUOTE]

1. He's just about always kidding when he talks like that

2. Thats exactly the kind of guy I like to hang out with, you can say anything,call him anything and he not only wont be offended, he'll give it back to you ten fold. All in good humor, I love people who talk like their in a locker room, if the world was more like that it would be a better place. Where I come from, live and work, we dont make fun of you if we dont like you.

3. That said, he's an old d*ickhead!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

You crazy dingbat goalies...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Shhhh, or I'll Soderberg you in the head!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

There you go one of his recipients of butt kissing. 

Kinda guy who  stupidly uses names and then says hey just kidding.  I say you wouldn't want to be around him. He must be a very loud guy  Who never stifles it.

[/QUOTE]

This type of behaviour from someone is fun for me to hang around with.

Of course, you like the "not a bad bone in his body.....ball-faced liar types" like Stanley.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to lambda13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Shhhh, or I'll Soderberg you in the head!

[/QUOTE]

I rest my case, dingbat. lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MrHulot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nope, someone else who didn't get it either.

skater68, on the other hand, got it right:

In response to skater68's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought what TT did was worse than what ST got 15 games for and I felt for sure he should have gotten ejected. Taking your stick to a players head has never been acceptable in the NHL no matter how angry or frustrated you are. It's good he didn't pull that crap against the Canadians or he'd would have been jailed. Classless is being kind.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if that was berg instead of soderberg who did that and tt would have hurt him. Wonder if they'd be talking the same way. What u think mr hurlot?

[/QUOTE]

I wish that we could turn back the clock to about two and a half years ago, before Tim Thomas lost his marbles and published his political agenda (or whatever you might call it). Because back then we would judge him solely for his skills as a goalie. Now some people - those who lean to the right - think he can do no wrong, even if he nearly chops off some Bruins forward's head. Not fair. And then there are those who lean to the left and will condemn everything he does simply because he's a right-winger - not fair either.

I think the Bruins could have won the cup in 2012 as well - come on, the Devils made it to the finals, don't tell me the B's couldn't have handled them! And they could have handled the Kings as well - unfortunately, Mr. Superselfish chose to reveal his true identity and ruined it. I think someone must have told him that he should use his superstar status to make a splash (the White House snub) and support their cause (tea party bs). And I am absolutely sure that one day we will read about the messed-up team chemistry in 2012, probably when PC, CJ, Bergie, Fat or Cedfano (or Ference) publish their memoirs.
    I also think it should not make a difference to any Bruins fan if Thomas went after Söderberg or Bergie. That was simply a despicable thing to do, period. Thomas should be suspended for that. (Oh yes, in 2011 he went after Burrows' knees, and he checked one of the Sedins - AND I LIKED IT! But that was different, not just because he was a Bruin back then.)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to MrHulot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wish that we could turn back the clock to about two and a half years ago, before Tim Thomas lost his marbles and published his political agenda (or whatever you might call it). Because back then we would judge him solely for his skills as a goalie. Now some people - those who lean to the right - think he can do no wrong, even if he nearly chops off some Bruins forward's head. Not fair. And then there are those who lean to the left and will condemn everything he does simply because he's a right-winger - not fair either.

I think the Bruins could have won the cup in 2012 as well - come on, the Devils made it to the finals, don't tell me the B's couldn't have handled them! And they could have handled the Kings as well - unfortunately, Mr. Superselfish chose to reveal his true identity and ruined it. I think someone must have told him that he should use his superstar status to make a splash (the White House snub) and support their cause (tea party bs). And I am absolutely sure that one day we will read about the messed-up team chemistry in 2012, probably when PC, CJ, Bergie, Fat or Cedfano (or Ference) publish their memoirs.
    I also think it should not make a difference to any Bruins fan if Thomas went after Söderberg or Bergie. That was simply a despicable thing to do, period. Thomas should be suspended for that. (Oh yes, in 2011 he went after Burrows' knees, and he checked one of the Sedins - AND I LIKED IT! But that was different, not just because he was a Bruin back then.)

[/QUOTE]

Well said Mr Hulot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

thomas has treated this organization horribly. i don't care what you're political beliefs are, you don't blow off the white house. then spouting off his idiocy on facebook and beating his chest while yelling at reporters. and then yes, taking the year off was a really scummy move. how often does that happen? i can't wait until this guy is out of hockey, sitting in his bunker getting fat off bud and beef jerky. 

[/QUOTE]

The guy takes a year off from hockey to tend to his family.  Rask steps in and the team doesn't miss a beat.

Plenty of players blow off the White House.  It's not uncommon at all. 

You want scummy?  Take a look at Mike Danton's history.  You want scummy?  Kevin Stevens in a hotel room with a call girl and crack.

[/QUOTE]

That is more right wingy and awkward poseur and pathetic rhetoric. You actually believe he signed a new deal, only to retire the next year, get paid, just to be Daddy of the Year for that 1 year?

My god, are naive and really dumb, Handy.  

Players might blow off the White House but they don't announce it or make it such a big deal that it becomes this massive news story, then the player retires for a year knowing he's saddling the team with the cap hit.

Now he's mentioning politics AGAIN on the night of a blowout loss when he shows WHY 38 year old goalie's don't take a year off and come back to be successful, on the night of the State of the Union?

Name me another player that has blown off the WHite House visit and made it such a front page news story like Tim Thomas.

Name the player:

[/QUOTE]

Rasheed Wallace.  

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Umm, Rasheed Wallace took a year off after signing a big deal and then was yapping about his political agenda, years later?

No.

Try again, toolchest.

You asked for a player who blew off the white house and made it a bigger deal then the team.  I was wrong.  He attended but made it a bigger issue then the team.   TT didnt ask for the media attention.  To me TT is a legend and the best goalie to ever where the B.   Toolchests are handy things.  I appreciate the comp.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Umm, Rasheed Wallace took a year off after signing a big deal and then was yapping about his political agenda, years later?

No.

Try again, toolchest.

[/QUOTE]

You asked for a player who blew off the white house and made it a bigger deal then the team.  I was wrong.  He attended but made it a bigger issue then the team.   TT didnt ask for the media attention.  To me TT is a legend and the best goalie to ever where the B.   Toolchests are handy things.  I appreciate the comp.  

[/QUOTE]

He didnt realize Wallace went either, he just tied mixing his own words so they favor him.He does it everytime then he follows with insults.

Then he gets banned. He wonders why, and he starts over again. Theres a reason he has no repsonse to NAS and myself. He gets proven wrong all the time.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I just want to go on record.

I hate this thread.

25. This post has been removed.