Thomas maybe going to the UK?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Thomas maybe going to the UK?

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2013/8/13/4614406/tuesday-morning-skate-tim-thomas-to-join-the-clan

I'll still be surprised if he ends up there, but I guess he's gotta play somewhere & since his agent is now management in Columbus maybe he's his own agent now & this is the best and only offer he's received.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Thomas maybe going to the UK?

I think they're having a little fun with the headline too ("Thomas joins the clan"??)...sheesh.

Can't imagine this is true.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I think they're having a little fun with the headline too ("Thomas joins the clan"??)...sheesh.

Can't imagine this is true.

Yea I noticed that. Pulling a Dave Hodge on this one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

"By the time some of you read this, it may already be too late and Braehead may have signed some other jerk."  Cornelius Hardenbergh's clearly not a fan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I hope all works out great for TT. 

Thanks for the Stanley Cup and many great memories. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

After taking a year off to be with friends and family to then have to go overseas to play would be a reminder what a mistake taking a year off, especially at his age was. After all he went through to get his name on a roster, to have it come to this can't be how he envisioned it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

After taking a year off to be with friends and family to then have to go overseas to play would be a reminder what a mistake taking a year off, especially at his age was. After all he went through to get his name on a roster, to have it come to this can't be how he envisioned it.

For sure, kel.  His rise to the top will always stand as a testament to the human condition of determination.  I think we'd be jammed-up back in June 2011 to find some who saw this current potential situation and that of his sabbatical on the horizon.  Still, happiness is all how the individual defines it.  If he feels settled in his soul that he did what was best for him and his family, alla salute.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If a goalie injury to any NHL team that is expected to contend or where an owner has given his GM an ultimatum, "I want to be in the playoffs this year", I can see Thomas getting a call. Thomas could still be back for a stint  in the NHL or he will quietly coach Vermonts goalies the year after next.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

If a goalie injury to any NHL team that is expected to contend or where an owner has given his GM an ultimatum, "I want to be in the playoffs this year", I can see Thomas getting a call. Thomas could still be back for a stint  in the NHL or he will quietly coach Vermonts goalies the year after next.

At this point San, I think thats exactly what he has to hope for. Can't be sure what his thought process was when this all started but I would think becuase of his Olympic comments he assumed there would be a more significant market for his services.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Assuming" is a bad word all the way around.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Perhaps teams are wary of giving a 35+ contract to a guy that's bailed on one already. If it was based on skill alone I think he'd already have a contract.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And how much money is he looking for?  That might be an issue, too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Funny this french site has him going to Columbus.   http://25stanley.com/tim-thomas-avec-les-blue-jackets-de-columbus.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Make some sense when you consider Kekalainen was TT's GM in Finland and just hired Zito who was TT's agent.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

For sure, kel.  His rise to the top will always stand as a testament to the human condition of determination.

That's a bit much, RHO.  He's a hockey player that kept getting jobs and trying hard.  It's not as if he battled back from injury or personal loss on multiple occasions.  I like Tim Thomas, but let's keep his lore in check, shall we?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jf19told_ya_so. Show jf19told_ya_so's posts

I have it through a good reliable sources that T.T. and his mothers side of the family are going to mine gold from a water source close to his doomsday encampment.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

Funny this french site has him going to Columbus.   http://25stanley.com/tim-thomas-avec-les-blue-jackets-de-columbus.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Make some sense when you consider Kekalainen was TT's GM in Finland and just hired Zito who was TT's agent.

Yea it kind of does actually.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

That's a bit much, RHO.  He's a hockey player that kept getting jobs and trying hard.  It's not as if he battled back from injury or personal loss on multiple occasions.  I like Tim Thomas, but let's keep his lore in check, shall we?

I hear you.  I meant in terms of his determination in not packing it in when things didn't look too promising of him making the NHL.  I agree when he craps potpourri doesn't come out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

For sure, kel.  His rise to the top will always stand as a testament to the human condition of determination.

I'm still wondering if there's a possibility that he was losing his family if he didn't sit out the year. Maybe they got tired of Tim not being around, or that the stardom changed him. Just a thought & it wouldn't be the 1st time a family put pressure on an athlete.

Sections
Shortcuts