Thomas neck protector?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Thomas neck protector?

Maybe I wasn't looking closely yesterday, but is Thomas wearing a newly-added clear hang-down neck guard today vs Washington? 

Did he get dinged against Pitt?

And I heard he got the call to start very late today?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

Re: Thomas neck protector?

No idea but I will say it looks like he is using a new stick.  Not the usual Reebok one.  His new one looks like a Warrior similar to Tuukka's.  Had it yesterday and has it today.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Kel...Nite... any help here?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

double post?  sorry.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

He's worn it for years

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Hmmm... looked at a couple pics blown up I guess I just missed it.

As Emily LaTella would say, "never mind."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

goalies...

no need to say anything more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

definetly a new throat protector, he did don a new stick. also he has a new glove, pretty sure it's a vaughn but has no logo on it. Noticed it last week.Buddy of mine caught a practice last month said he was wearing all new gloves.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas neck protector?:
    definetly a new throat protector, Posted by kelvana33

aaaahhhh  Laughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

goalies... no need to say anything more.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Kel, help me out here.

Goalies like equipment.  It was true in the 60's and its true today.  Sue us.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Technocrats.  Nothing but technocrats.  It's why it's so satisfying to find holes in the equipment.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

He used to wear one and then it broke during a game last year?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas neck protector? : Kel, help me out here. Goalies like equipment.  It was true in the 60's and its true today.  Sue us.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Amen to that, Sox did you know Brians now replaced it's theif line with Zero G and Vaughn Epic is now strictly Vaughn Vision? I wonder why more goalies dont wear Brians. I have the same glove as Tuuka, a Vaugh Epic. Mine is pro spec and his is totally different made specifcally for him with numerous modifications. Ans he has two of the same glove, sometimes he'll wear them both in the same game. I did not know that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

kel, I was a big fan of the Vaughn stuff, although if you can see in my picture, my CooperGM21 glove, Bourdon pads and Higgins mask were "NHL best" in the day.  Just good enough to get killed in today. 

I had a partner who swore by Brians; i wasn't as big a fan.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I just traded my matching white & black Reeb's blocker, trapper & pads. The brothers who own the sporting goods store up the road from my house called me up . And asked me to come up, because they wanted my input on some gear that came in. I get there & they have a matching pair of Timmy's old Vaughn velocity's. I swore at them & said I have to buy them now. Ended up getting the same color pattern Bauer B & T along with the Bauer Cobra mask. I'll change my profile pic to the one of me wearing my Ree gear.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Btw- Kel & Sox. I keep meaning to ask you. What's your goalie superstitions? Mine is that NOTHING goes into the pocket of my trapper except a puck. I don't even put my own hand into the pocket. I got a lot of unsportsmanlike penalties from me cursing at the ref for trying to put his hand in there to grab the puck. I'll do the Billy Ranford manoeuvre where I toss the puck up & catch it on the side of the trapper.
    I do use this tactic to delay things though. After the puck is in my glove & most of the refs I see know how bad I'll go off on them if they reach their hand in there . So, I'll hang on to it. Skate over and talk to my teammate for a few seconds skate around a bit. And then say. "Oh shoot, sorry ref! I forgot I had the puck. Here you go!" The refs will also know that I'm not happy with their calls, because they'll be waiting for me to toss the puck up in the air to them, or I'll reach my arm out to hand them the puck on the outside of my glove. When they reach for it; I'll turn my hand & let the puck fall on the ice. They usually say. "PO'd are ya nite!" "Yea I am ref & I taught your girlfriend that thing you like!"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Nothing too weird, back in high school my skate lace that i used for one of my toe ties broke right as we were going out so the assistant coach just cut it and I had him do the other one just so it didnt feel wierd, ended up with a 1-0 shutout. Havent worn them since, and to be honest, in todays pads that cover the whole skate, I dont think you need them. That, and I like the inside of my blocker and glove moist  so I spray the inside of them with warm water right before I put them on..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Never, ever, ever touch a puck that's gone in the net.

I've had refs ask me to dig it out for them and I'd skate away.

And always put my left skate on first.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

definetly a new throat protector, he did don a new stick. also he has a new glove, pretty sure it's a vaughn but has no logo on it. Noticed it last week.Buddy of mine caught a practice last month said he was wearing all new gloves.
    Posted by kelvana33

He has been wearing the lacrosse style throat for a while now, unless he changed that up.  The glove he is wearing is from Piku, its a independent equipment maker, not very big, thats why there are no logos, doesnt pay the NHL fee. He also wore a pair of their pads during the pre season. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Never, ever, ever touch a puck that's gone in the net. I've had refs ask me to dig it out for them and I'd skate away. And always put my left skate on first.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Oh that's a given with me. I never dig a puck out of the net. Even in shinny. Some of the guys get ticked because they'll all be waiting at center ice for a puck and then realize I won't grab one out of the net. As far as gear going on? I play out of so many different dressing rooms that I it just depends which side of me has the less room. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFXbruins. Show STFXbruins's posts

Thomas wears a lacrosse goalie neck protector 

Sections
Shortcuts