Thomas no-show

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Thomas no-show

"If he's celebrated and Thomas is demonized, what does that say about our real tolerance of free speech? That it's only free when we agree with it?"

The perfect sentence to the perfect truth! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas no-show:
    [QUOTE]Red...Most B's aren't American and couldn't care less about the politics.
    Posted by croc[/QUOTE]

You may be right, but in the coming days there are going to be a lot more reporters looking at the Bruins than usual, and they won't be sports reporters. They'll be political reporters who smell blood in the water, and they can be a pain in the a$$ to deal with - I know, I used to be one of them. ;) Hopefully they deal with effectively.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas no-show:[QUOTE]Please tell me it was an injury or some other pressing matter. Otherwise...bad form. Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletch, Can't wait for Timmah to be seen at a "Tea Party" rally holding up a sign   "DON'T TOUCH MY ESTATE TAX!" LoL! All he had to do is show up and keep his mouth shut but apparently he doesn't want his tax bracket touched well boo hoo.

Now we know how Thomas's contract negotiations will go...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from surfingdjc. Show surfingdjc's posts

I got a lot of respect for what TT said. It is his opinion and his right to not show up and to say what he said. Andrew Ference is very political and said you probally wouldn't like me because I'm far left. I like both of them and can care less about there political beliefs. I don't judge people on there politics just on there Character.  Sadly a lot of people judge people on there politics. red75 is right, political reporters will smell blood in the water now. Let them come and ignore them. I don't think it will be that bad. Tim has only a few years left so maybe the will leave it be after a while.

Bruins fan for life.
    DC !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

God bless you Timmy! you are my favorite Bruin ever! millions of Americans are suffering from the policies of this tyrant in the whitehouse so i cant blame you for not going.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]"If he's celebrated and Thomas is demonized, what does that say about our  real  tolerance of free speech? That it's only free when we agree with it?" The perfect sentence to the perfect truth! 
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Nite, is free speech really about TT's unwillingness to attend a team event or is it about our right to voice an opinion about it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In Response to Thomas no-show:
    [QUOTE]http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=385861 Wonder why?
    Posted by 1punchknockout[/QUOTE]

Your kidding right? sheep!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

[QUOTE]@ lambda13  I get where your coming from, but here's why it bugs me: it's intentionally divisive. It's an atttempt to merge politics and sports, and to hijack an event that's supposed to be a sign of respect from the commander in cheif in order to make a cheap political statement. It's adolescent. It's sad to see Tim Thomas caught up in the political  "us vs them" thinking that is curropting our country's national discourse.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

Please! grow some balls! Obama is actually killing Americans with his sick policies

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

[QUOTE]this is not cool by thomas, he isnt the only one to do this but it doesnt make it right. you should respect the office of the presidency of the U.S.
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

Respect an office that dont respect you? grow a brain fool!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

[QUOTE]This was a poor unpatriotic move by Timmy. Regardless of political position, this is a honor. His party of choice sure has done nothing for this country since he began taking the dollars for playing hockey. No management does not tell the fans everything. Timmy has also moved out of the Boston area, and bought a home in Colorado to avoid paying property taxes. This is why I laugh when people suggest he would rather retire a Bruin then take a contract somewhere else. Lots of people worship him like a God, but the truth is his God is the almighty dollar. I am Timmys uncle, and I found this to be a low class move on Timmys part!!
    Posted by notacryingwino[/QUOTE]
    And Obama is your god fool

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

[QUOTE]time for tuuka
    Posted by RockStarr[/QUOTE]

Wrong! IT'S GINGRICH TIME!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I only care about what these guys do on the ice... so, TT IS A STUD!

(okay, obviously I care if he gets drunk and runs over my dog but you get the point.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

[QUOTE]what a classless move from an otherwise classy guy!
    Posted by mudduck72[/QUOTE]

Classless my azz! This clown is destroying this country. get your head out of your azz.

TIM THOMAS FOR PRESIDENT!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

TT's statement/posting:

"I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People," Thomas' statement read. "This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government."

"Because I believe this," the statement continued, "today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=385861

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

[QUOTE]Turns out it was very much a political statement on Thomas' part and the "T" in Thomas stands for "Tea Party": http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/bruins-mvp-tim-thomas-skips-white-house-event-203636656.html So: might as well get this out the way now: Just as Cam Neely said, I respect Thomas' decision not to go. It's his choice, and if he feels trongly enough about politics that smiling w/Obama would be akin to eating his own vomit, fine...his choice. and since he's allowed to express HIS political opinions, I'll express MINE and say that Thomas is a great goalie but an absolute moron when it comes to politics, and that the very essence of TEAM SPORTS is sticking together and UNITING under a common cause, while all his Tea Bagger compatriots have done is express DIVISION and INTOLERANCE and views of ignorant extremism. (I.e. kick all the immgrants out and allow no exceptions...which is hypocritical in the extreme in Thomas' case since he would not have ever had teh chance to make it back to the NHL had he not been granted the opportunity to keep his career going in a foreign country (Finland) when no one else in the US would give him the time of day. Bottom line for THIS Bruins fan: I hope Thomas stops every puck that comes his way, but Tuukka is now my favorite goalie on the team, despite save percentage, and I wonder whether Thomas has had the chance to sit down with ANDREW FERENCE...who supports liberal causes proudly, and whether Thomas looks down on him for it. I certainly have lost all respect for Thomas as an individual at this point, and now I'm rooting for him solely b/c of the jesey he wears, and nothing more. His views have been made loud and clear, now mine have as well. Here's hoping Tuukka plays beyond Thomas and takes the #1 job so I don't have to root for a guy who roots for a political movement that was willing to run the country off an economic cliff (debt ceiling idiocy) rather than compromise with those they are supposed to be sharing the country with.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

You liberal coward! BOO HOO HOO!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Copied from his FB page

I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.
    This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.
    Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.
    This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The statement makes feel less worried about political reporters and a distraction as he targeted all three branches and both parties. Less controversy for reporters to sink their teeth into.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WMassScrewd. Show WMassScrewd's posts

Trade the FOBL (Friend of Bin Laden).  Timmy is angry "Big Government" Obama ordered the head shot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Who brought this Riptide guy?  The political boards are on another site.  This is a hockey forum.  And judging by your dazzling analysis of politics, you probably don't have much intelligent to say about hockey either....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I heard Dupont on TSN already roasting Timmy for his "Tea Party Politics".I wonder if Dupont will try to run Timmy out of town like Joe Thornton.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : You liberal coward! BOO HOO HOO!
    Posted by riptide757[/QUOTE]
    Jesus man, go find a political forum. I can see by the date you showed up that you only decided to after the Bruins won. You're worse than a band wagon fan because you're not even talking hockey. You might as well beat it if this is all you've got to offer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]I heard Dupont on TSN already roasting Timmy for his "Tea Party Politics".I wonder if Dupont will try to run Timmy out of town like Joe Thornton.
    Posted by john6345[/QUOTE]

That statement's not very TP - it's more libertarian than anything.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

And now playing Right Wing... Tim Thomas!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManBearPig99. Show ManBearPig99's posts

If this is politically motivated it is an uncharacteristically selfish move by Thomas.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He is from Michigan, from what I understand he has numerous friends who have lost their jobs and houses and made a stand for them...I could be wrong, heard this info 3rd hand, but it kind of makes sense no? If that is the case, good for him..

Sections
Shortcuts