Thomas no-show

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Re: Thomas no-show

In Response to Re: Thomas no-show:
    In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : And you coming into a fan forum & thrashing a family member is just as classless as you claim your newphew to be, who up until now I no longer believe you are! And if you are? SHAME ON YOU! To come into a place full of people you don't know & trash a family member like this! You sir are the classless one! And I use sir very loosely! 
    Posted by nitemare-38

I have as much right as anyone to have a opinion. Do you really think I care what you think? I know who I am. I would not stoop to calling you sir. So I guess we are even. The fact is this was classless, and put himself above his team. This is not the Thomas family way.  Maybe in your family, you just shut your mouth despite your beliefs of right or wrong? I believe what he did was unpatriotic and wrong!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from surfingdjc. Show surfingdjc's posts

TryToBearIt:

There you go you judging people on there politics and not there character. So you hate him now because he doesn't think like you. How pathetic and weak and puny minded. Go post your rants on a poitical blog and not on a hockey blog.

Go Bruins,

DC

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : This is not the Thomas family way.  Maybe in your family, you just shut your mouth despite your beliefs of right or wrong? I believe what he did was unpatriotic and wrong!!
    Posted by notacryingwino

Wait. So you think a person should do what they believe is right... but when TT does this, he is wrong?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

He is from Michigan, from what I understand he has numerous friends who have lost their jobs and houses and made a stand for them...I could be wrong, heard this info 3rd hand, but it kind of makes sense no? If that is the case, good for him..
    Posted by kelvana33

This is true. The problem is he does zip to help them. Also, Timmy can say this wasn't a right or left decision, that is a complete lie. If there would of been a republican president he would of been the first one in line. This has everything to do with tax rates more then any other thing. Once again he made himself a sideshow and put himself above his team. This is wrong plain and simple!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm a Canadian and I can never fully understand the what, why and hows of his statement.
    What I dislike of this statement is the situation he's put the Bruins in, The Bruins as an organization does not need this right now.
    Then I'll ask myself and some of you this ;  Sure it was a team event and to show respect towards the President but if he's so against the government would it have been better he be a hypocrite ?
    I say it again, the only thing that bothers me is that it involves my team, the Bruins.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Wait. So you think a person should do what they believe is right... but when TT does this, he is wrong?
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

You miss the entire point. This day was not about Timmy, it was about Boston and thier hockey team. Timmy took a day of honor for his team and selfishly made it about Timmy! I would have had no problem with him stating his differences with Obama. He took the easy way out!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from surfingdjc. Show surfingdjc's posts

Who was the other american no.show...

DC

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : lol, where do u get that from? talk about a wingnut.
    Posted by ricky12684

I am Timmys uncle, and have had many political discussions with him. I am one of the few here that knows what today was all about!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You know, it's funny - I just posted this on my Facebook page:

"I believe goalie equipment has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Scoring Averages, and Career Earnings of the Players.  This is being done at the Head Gear, Chest Protector and Pad level. This is in direct opposition to the NHL Rule Book and the vision of past Vezina winners for future of true goaltending."

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Seems like TT, through his statement, has made clear why he chose not to attend today's event.

Looks like there are passionate points of view both for and against what he did. 

I will simply say this:
    I respect the fact that he stood on HIS principles and did what HE thought was the right thing to do.  Right or wrong, I appreciate when people commit and follow through on their core beliefs.  Don't just talk-the talk, right?  It would have been a heck of alot easier to have just gone and smiled for the cameras.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas no-show :  haha seriously? i guess he is just another dumb athlete. he made a good move by not going, but i guess for the wrong reasons... how disappointing
    Posted by ricky12684

No, Timmy is a very smart man. Much more educated then me. He simply made a bad decision today.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I'm also a Canadian, and this is an annual event, and it's called "a visit to THE WHITE HOUSE" -- not a visit to President Obama.  So, it's a ceremonial event, intended to honour both the winning team, and the OFFICE of the President.  So, it's not intended, in any way, shape or form, to be a political event.  Much like, in Canada, honourees would be invited to Parliament (not 24 Sussex Drive), in audience with all MPs, not just the PM.

In my opinion, Thomas has mixed his political views in with the issue of respect for the Office of the President, and in doing so, has, to some extent, denigrated the image of the Bruins organization.  While there are those who would say that he is free to do so (and he is), sometimes we all do things "for the better good of the organization", and choose to make our personal views known in other ways. 

For example, TT could have attended the event, then posted his objection to the current administration's policies on his FB page.  That would have allowed him to express his views, but would have also shown him to be 'the bigger man' by swallowing his pride and doing something for the good of the team (and, probably make him look good for doing so).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Seems like TT, through his statement, has made clear why he chose not to attend today's event. Looks like there are passionate points of view both for and against what he did.  I will simply say this: I respect the fact that he stood on HIS principles and did what HE thought was the right thing to do.  Right or wrong, I appreciate when people commit and follow through on their core beliefs.  Don't just talk-the talk, right?  It would have been a heck of alot easier to have just gone and smiled for the cameras.
    Posted by Crowls2424
    His, he, me, mine ect., should of stayed home today, while the Bruins goaltender attended a TEAM gathering!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Who brought this Riptide guy?  The political boards are on another site.  This is a hockey forum.  And judging by your dazzling analysis of politics, you probably don't have much intelligent to say about hockey either....
    Posted by Chappy28

Why dont you remind all your pro Obama freinds this is a hockey site? why me?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Whatever Timmy's politics are lets hope they put it rest in the dressing room much like the Ference issue last season.Not everyone has to agree on everything just as long as they play together for the team.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I know it is hard to imagine but the only thing in this world a man can hold onto at the end of the day is his personal beliefs. It is correct to honor the President but like religion no one in a work enviornment and can impose political or religous views on you in this country. We have the right as Americans to vote and hold our own political beliefs sacred. We fought and died for that right. It may or may not been not the right venue but it his perspective and like the Bruins we should support his decision not his beliefs. It is not our place to judge. He goes out every night and gives us a whale of a game. He spills blood for us the fans. If his political views warrant that he should stay home than we can not impose our will upon him to anymore than play hockey. Movie Stars Boycott events all the time. I understand the honor that was bestowed upon him but if he declines it his business and the Bruin's handled it professionally and the way the should have.

Sections
Shortcuts