Thomas no-show

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Re: Thomas no-show

Well, the Globe has always been pretty left wing anyways.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

*placate millions that have nothing to do with his life*...you make this statement, but you seem to forget, we, the fans, help pay for this guy's salary by paying for the NHL Package, by paying for high-priced seats for the B's on the road or at home. He can believe he's the second coming of Martin Luther King, but not showing up to a celebration, one that is a time-honored tradition.
    "Sorry, boss, can't make it into work today."
    "Why?"
    "Oh, I'm at home writing a Facebook post about my beliefs how the U.S. Govt. is the root of all evil, and I'm not going to that White House ceremony."
    ...Let's see how it works for the Walmart employee with six kids and bills to pay.

"Well, that's great. You're fired."   You just hold on to those beliefs so not to placate millions that have nothing to do with Tim Thomas' life. He's a celebrity. He also works for the Boston Bruins organization. It's called commitment. It's also called respect.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas no-show:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : No North. I'm talking about someone who took on all comer's and stood alone for what he believed was his right! Thomas basically did the samething here. His no show was for others who would never get the opportunity to take such a stand! He's used his fame & fortune to standup for those that can't do it in the same manner & OBVIOUSLY make the same impact! Those of you that can't see that Thomas wasn't being selfish at ALL, but he actually was being very unslefish are being closed minded & are too afraid to take a stand by themselves! I always was in his corner & because he was brave enough to do this? I'm even more in his corner! Attaboi TIMMY! You really are a hero! 
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

We can agree to disagree on this one. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : Funny, the man in your avatar didn't show up to the White House either. And he does donate to charity and other political organizations. TT respects his teammates and employers by doing the best job he can on the ice. I think they're thankful for that more than they are critcal of him for missing a chance to visit the White House.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Pedro Martinez also played for the Mets when the Red Sox went to white house, which is why he said he didn't go, not due to self indulgent politcal grand standing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : nope...TT put his personal beliefs ahead of a photo op with the president. nothing more nothing less. what ever happened to being tolerant of others beliefs? let it be known i am a supporter of the obama adm., but freedom means more to me than who happens to be in office. sorry that like TT, i also see the president as simply an american citizen who is elected to make tough decisions for our country. should we go back to medieval times where you HAD TO bow to the king? i'd prefer not.  it was his choice, he made it, he'll sleep better at night knowing he didn't HAVE TO compromise his beliefs to placate millions of people that have nothing to do with his life.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

No one with half a brain equates this to an issue of "freedom" or "bowing to the king", it is about respecting your teammates, franchise and fans.  For TT, it was clearly only about TT.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]*placate millions that have nothing to do with his life*...you make this statement, but you seem to forget, we, the fans, help pay for this guy's salary by paying for the NHL Package, by paying for high-priced seats for the B's on the road or at home. He can believe he's the second coming of Martin Luther King, but not showing up to a celebration, one that is a time-honored tradition. "Sorry, boss, can't make it into work today." "Why?" "Oh, I'm at home writing a Facebook post about my beliefs how the U.S. Govt. is the root of all evil, and I'm not going to that White House ceremony." ...Let's see how it works for the Walmart employee with six kids and bills to pay. "Well, that's great. You're fired."   You just hold on to those beliefs so not to placate millions that have nothing to do with Tim Thomas' life. He's a celebrity. He also works for the Boston Bruins organization. It's called commitment. It's also called respect.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

maybe seguin should say it's his political belief to sleep in and miss a team breakfast.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : maybe seguin should say it's his political belief to sleep in and miss a team breakfast.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

LMFAO...great post, good

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]*placate millions that have nothing to do with his life*...you make this statement, but you seem to forget, we, the fans, help pay for this guy's salary by paying for the NHL Package, by paying for high-priced seats for the B's on the road or at home. He can believe he's the second coming of Martin Luther King, but not showing up to a celebration, one that is a time-honored tradition. "Sorry, boss, can't make it into work today." "Why?" "Oh, I'm at home writing a Facebook post about my beliefs how the U.S. Govt. is the root of all evil, and I'm not going to that White House ceremony." ...Let's see how it works for the Walmart employee with six kids and bills to pay. "Well, that's great. You're fired."   You just hold on to those beliefs so not to placate millions that have nothing to do with Tim Thomas' life. He's a celebrity. He also works for the Boston Bruins organization. It's called commitment. It's also called respect.
    if you're going to bring up the word RESPECT, why not have just that for TT's beliefs? you can agree or disagree with his beliefs, but you can't force yours on him. this is america jack. yeah we all pay his salary, but it's our own choice to do so. if you are a man of true conviction(like TT),  i hope you boycott anything TT, c'mon stand up for what you believe in!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

"I believe that eggs and bacon are the root of all that is wrong with our country. I'm sorry but I can't bring myself to sit with my teammates. I will instead order room service and eat a bowl of oatmeal. Thank you, Tyler."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Who would've thought that a simple trip to the White House would lead to our most active thread since the Toronto Record Tracker?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

What about the respect Thomas is showing for the ones he's standing up for? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

adk, how did I force my beliefs on Tim? Did I put my militia rifle to his head and tell him "no, Tim, don't receive kind words from the President's Office, it might make you throw up because, god forbid, you join your teammates in a celebration of winning the Cup."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I haven't seen a good Tea Throw in the Harbor in a long time. Maybe it's time. Tim has inspired me with his Facebook post. Down with tyranny!!!! And Hartnell!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]Who would've thought that a simple trip to the White House would lead to our most active thread since the Toronto Record Tracker?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

that thread lasted almost 2 years.  this one isn't even 24 hrs old. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : What about the respect Thomas is showing for the ones he's standing up for? 
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

The only people "he's standing up for" are those who wish to increase divisiveness in America by politcizing every and anything to a pathetic extent.

So thank you Tim Thomas, for standing up for all the myopic, head in the sand, counter productive citizens of this country. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : No one with half a brain equates this to an issue of "freedom" or "bowing to the king", it is about respecting your teammates, franchise and fans.  For TT, it was clearly only about TT.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOT
    you are correct, i'm using my whole brain. one half respects the beliefs of others, regardless of whether i agree with them or not. the other half realizes this media frenzy has been propogated by nothing but political bias.  if there were a rep in office, the arguments would flip-flop. how dumb   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : that thread lasted almost 2 years.  this one isn't even 24 hrs old. 
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

Scary, ain't it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I'll post my 2 cents and be on my way from this god-awful thread.

1. Hockey forum; those who come here for the political stuff only (either team) ...please, please leave and take the hot air with you back to the political "I hate you" threads you all seem so adept at squawking on.

2. Red has it right, the only real bummer here is that this issue creates a circus atmosphere which can be nothing but a distraction to the team. Full blame for that falls on TT's shoulders exclusively.

3. I could not care any less about Tim Thomas' (or Curt Schilling's, Tom Brady's, Andrew Ference's, or any athlete or celebrity's) political beliefs. To me, he stops pucks for a living for my favorite hockey team...and that is where it ends.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]Who would've thought that a simple trip to the White House would lead to our most active thread since the Toronto Record Tracker?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I do miss that thread, why couldn't we work out a trade with the Habs where we'd get their first rounder for a French coach that we have in our system.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : The only people "he's standing up for" are those who wish to increase divisiveness in America by politcizing every and anything to a pathetic extent. So thank you Tim Thomas, for standing up for all the myopic, head in the sand, counter productive citizens of this country. 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

So you like the way this country is run and want all the people who don't agree with it to shut up and get with it. Ok got it, forgot that this country was founded on protest and free speech.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : Are you serious? the useful idiots turned this into a firestorm not me. how come it wasn't a firestorm when Theo did the same thing? care to explain?
    Posted by riptide757[/QUOTE]

hey genius: show me where Theo "did the same thing" by posting on Facebook that he was intentionally not attending  a Bush WH invite b/c he is angry about the "federal government intruding on peoples' lives blah blah whine whine"....show me that Theo post and I'll admit he did the "same thing."

TT made a calculated political statement. Theo did no such thing, whether you are man enough to admit it or not.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Okay, please let this thread die, if you want to talk politcs, or how this country is run there are numerous options for you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I drink a lot of tea. I'm not throwing mine in the water.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : So you like the way this country is run and want all the people who don't agree with it to shut up and get with it. Ok got it, forgot that this country was founded on protest and free speech.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Yes, TT was very Constitutional in his tweet.  The oppression and tyranny of the tradition of championship teams going to the White House is a fine cause.  I'm sure historians will long wax poetic about the courage of the goalie who changed the course of the country by not joining his team in being honored by the president.

I'm sure TT will tell his grand children about the time he showed who was the bigger man by refusing to interact with a President with whom he disagreed. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

The invite is a celebration of the team. To inject politics into the occasion is distracting and divisive. Nobody has said he doesn't have a right to be a jerk and a no-show, but to grab the spotlight when it should be on your team is selfish and classless.

Sections
Shortcuts