Thomas no-show

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

Re: Thomas no-show

What stinks the most is the media guys trying to run him out of town.  KPD and Haggs yesterday and today Fluto.  They seem to forget that his job is to stop pucks.  Until he has 2 consecutive months like he just has had then I don't see why we should be trading him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonguy67. Show bostonguy67's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas no-show:
    [QUOTE]What stinks the most is the media guys trying to run him out of town.  KPD and Haggs yesterday and today Fluto.  They seem to forget that his job is to stop pucks.  Until he has 2 consecutive months like he just has had then I don't see why we should be trading him?
    Posted by nix02061[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  The media coverage is ridiculous, whether you agree with Timmy's decision or not.   Why is it suddenly a huge deal when many players/coaches/front office members have skipped WH visits over the years?  Did the Boston media write commentary after commentary on Theo?

I expect it from KPD who has lost a yard and a half off of his fast ball but I thought Fluto was better than his article today.   An anonymous team source taking potshots??  Who?  Chia?  Neely?  Or some the freakin' lockerroom janitor?  Maybe the "source" is so sufficiently bothered that they will give back their Stanley Cup ring which wouldn't have been possible without Thomas' stellar play last Spring. 

The team will be fine because all they care about is if Thomas stops the puck.  The media?  That's a whole other story...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]What stinks the most is the media guys trying to run him out of town.  KPD and Haggs yesterday and today Fluto.  They seem to forget that his job is to stop pucks.  Until he has 2 consecutive months like he just has had then I don't see why we should be trading him?
    Posted by nix02061[/QUOTE]

nix, well said!....

yeah fluto let's run the reigning Conn Smythe winner out of town, for no reason related to his on ice play, just because the B'S can get something good in return.... can see that KPD's groomed you nicely....

and if the Jacobs' are pissed, which they're in their right to be just like Double T was in his to decline the invite, let's hope that cooler heads prevail and that they remember what TT helped the B'S achieve just seven months ago.... relevance again....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas no-show : Exactly.  The media coverage is ridiculous, whether you agree with Timmy's decision or not.   Why is it suddenly a huge deal when many players/coaches/front office members have skipped WH visits over the years?  Did the Boston media write commentary after commentary on Theo? I expect it from KPD who has lost a yard and a half off of his fast ball but I thought Fluto was better than his article today.   An anonymous team source taking potshots??  Who?  Chia?  Neely?  Or some the freakin' lockerroom janitor?  Maybe the "source" is so sufficiently bothered that they will give back their Stanley Cup ring which wouldn't have been possible without Thomas' stellar play last Spring.  The team will be fine because all they care about is if Thomas stops the puck.  The media?  That's a whole other story...
    Posted by bostonguy67[/QUOTE]

bostonguy, even better said than i....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I would have rather seen him go as a teammate.  But he could have kept his distance from the anointed one if he feels that way about him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

MichFan, i see your point but as a teammate the only thing that "should" matter is how Double T performs once he takes to the ice....

that said, i know that's not always the case but here's hoping that the current B'S squad sees it that way....  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenway3. Show fenway3's posts

All season tickets holders who are upset with Thomas please cancel your season tickets so I can trade up and wear my Tim Thomas jersey to each game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

TT has a rite to his political beliefs so do I.

I no longer watch or attend games when TT is in the net

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

So because of TT's beliefs he skips out on a Whitehouse visit.
    Because of yours, you are now skipping out on 60% of all bruins games.

Yeah that makes perfect sense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In Response to Thomas no-show:
    [QUOTE]http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=385861 Wonder why?
    Posted by 1punchknockout[/QUOTE]

TT follows orders from Glen "The Grim Weeper" Beck and not the Bruins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

The fact that 2 out of the last 3 days those guys  on Fox sports gameday at 5:00am on our local station in Vancouver  were talking about Tim Thomas- it’s the first sign of the apocalypse. These guys never talk hockey- and guess what : they still aren’t.  Tail wagging the dog. Fluto did not write a good article . He wrote an article based on speculation and has asked what if? (predicted) the demise of TT in Boston. It’s not enough to get a scoop anymore but these so-called reporters are now predicting thae future. Cause a big enough (expletive) storm and get enough people riled up and the only way  Jacobs can save face after what must have been an incredibly embarrassing moment at the Whitehouse, TT has to go. Get people thinking about and having an opinion about something they would have been happy to forget about after a few days. That’s overstepping the boundaries of the job description. It’s irresponsible but I think these “reporters” get off on this stuff- influencing/creating the story- not reporting it.

It’s garbage.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

[QUOTE]So because of TT's beliefs he skips out on a Whitehouse visit. Because of yours, you are now skipping out on 60% of all bruins games. Yeah that makes perfect sense.
    Posted by misterpaulo[/QUOTE]

What I do doesn't really have to make sense to you now does it

And what you do doesn't have to make sense to me

That's life

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I don't agree with TT's views, or his actions, but I made my comments, he answered some in his media session, and frankly now I think it really is time to move on. He got Worst Person of the Week from Olbermann, so I guess he can always have that to add to his Vezinas, Conn Smythes, etc. awards. Tim is a helluva goalie and I hope he helps the team win the next Cup.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]I don't agree with TT's views, or his actions, but I made my comments, he answered some in his media session, and frankly now I think it really is time to move on. He got Worst Person of the Week from Olbermann, so I guess he can always have that to add to his Vezinas, Conn Smythes, etc. awards. Tim is a helluva goalie and I hope he helps the team win the next Cup.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

danny - Well said.  I just want him to show up and win.

Sections
Shortcuts