thomas or rask?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

thomas or rask?

what a great problem to have,no? both have played well of late...combined sub-2 gaa last 6 games and 6-0.  i guess there is no wrong choice, but, rask IS coming off a shutout. i would play him as long as he keeps winning, first stumble, put TT back in net. it really is an embarrassment of riches! GO B'S

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: thomas or rask?

This is Thomas's season, its nice that Rask has finally started to be a capable back up at this point in the season.. Stop looking for reason's/excuses to play Rask over thomas.. Thomas has been starting the moe difficult opponents, will probably continue to do so, needs some rest coming down the stretch so he's ready for the play off grind..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

recording 4 road wins, with a shutout most recently is not LOOKING for a reason... it is the reason! and this is not TT's season, it's the B's season- what's best for the team is what matters.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Thomas on Thursday.  Rask on Saturday.  Timmy stays sharp and beats the Bolts.  Tuukka continues to be sharp and beats the Pens.  What a nice choice to have to make.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Lets just hope Clod doesn't mess this up.........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Rask coming off a shutout should start Thursday. It happened earlier in the season against Florida & CJ went back to Thomas. CJ has to be fair & reward Rask just like he rewarded Thomas early in the season after great efforts.

Thomas is the # 1 right now but Rask deserves the start Thursday. He was outstanding last night & appears to be getting more comfortable the more he plays.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

jwb413... how can you mess it up? either guy is a great choice. but, of course, if the B's lose any game this year it will be clode's fault to many posters.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

ABK- Thomas is the bruins starter this season.. Rask has gone 4-0.. though he was not strong in the EDM game.. He also was horrible in the Det game shortly before that, and still has a loosing record.. Your looking for reasons to make excuses as to why he should start over a guy who is undoubtly going to win the vezina unless he craps out to end the season.. Thomas has given up 2 goals in his last 2 starts to the best team in the league, and a team that had gone 14 games with out a regulation loss..

hes 20 games over .500, looking for reasons to start Rask, is looking for reasons to sit Thomas and there not there.. Any logical bruins fan knows by now this is thomas's season, the bruins success this year has been thomas in net 28-8.. not 9-11..

Rask will start half the games or so coming into the playoffs, and thomas will resume the heavy load barring injury or complete collapse, rask gets the chance again next season to try to win the starting job..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Thomas.

He needs to get into the groove at home again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

put me down as this is thomas season. Julian should play him enough to keep him as sharp as possible. i think for every 3 games thomas should play twice to tukkas one and do that til the end of the season. once the playoff start ride thomas as far as he takes the bruins.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

roler.. i can't make any sense of your "looking for reasons to make excuses..." line? to use your words..."any logical bruins fan..." would not sit a goalie coming off a very solid perfomance resulting in a shut out. rask is the ONLY reason they won last nite, his confidence is at an all-time high. i'm sorry your man-crush with TT clouds your judgement. don't you get it...there is NO wrong answer to this question, BOTH guys deserve the start. get it? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

In Response to Re: thomas or rask?:
    jwb413... how can you mess it up? either guy is a great choice. but, of course, if the B's lose any game this year it will be clode's fault to many posters.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

I feel CJ didn't help TR's confidence at key moments this season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

personnally  it seems to me rask is a much better goalie when he plays consecutive games..he looked way sharper last night then in edmonton....and tank well it doesnt seem to matter to him if he sits...actually when he does sit  he seems even sharper when he comes in...boy great problem to have and  i love thomas  but if this team gets tukka playing well also  ....nobody can match that goaltending  pair..... they are in a position where every game isnt life or death

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i think the decision earlier in the season was easier than it is now. TT was definitely the sharper of the two to start the season. i will agree the b's dids not play as well in front of tuukka, but TT was playing at a level never before seen. at THIS point, tuukka seems to have found his footing, and is playing his best hockey. how could any coach have sit TT during the first 4 months of the season? This is no knock on tuukka, but rather riding the hottest goalie in the league. his confidence seems to be fine now 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I dont think he looked fantastic last night, even though he faced a lot of shots and had a shutout against one of the worst teams in the league.  For crying out loud, the "man-crushes" on Rask around here are unreal.

I have ALWAYS been one of Rasks biggest critics on this board.  Ive never liked his style and never thought he accomplished much at any level if you look at his stats.

I will say he did steel a game last night.  Not sure hes done that since last years pre-playoffs.  Its about time!!!!!!!  But again, it was against a HORRIBLE Ottawa team so lets get real.

Timmy is NOT going to ride the bench because Rask is FINALLY putting some wins together.  ITS HIS JOB!!!  Yay, he's finally doing his job.  That doenst mean you replace the best goalie in the world right now, who is having one of the greatest seasons and will win the vezina because the back-up is finally stringing together some wins vs. crap teams.  Get real.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Thomas vs Tampa

Rask vs Pitt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: thomas or rask?:
    roler.. i can't make any sense of your "looking for reasons to make excuses..." line? to use your words..."any logical bruins fan..." would not sit a goalie coming off a very solid perfomance resulting in a shut out. rask is the ONLY reason they won last nite, his confidence is at an all-time high. i'm sorry your man-crush with TT clouds your judgement. don't you get it...there is NO wrong answer to this question, BOTH guys deserve the start. get it? 
    Posted by adkbeesfan

I don't have a man crush on thomas. I have stated several times I have never really been a fan, but I think the Rask fans are out of control.. Rask can't win a single game with out one of the Rask fans running to the board to posts about all of his greatness and why he should start.. Similarly if thomas loses a game its the exact same thing, this is why Rask should start.

On this team, in this season, thomas deserves to start, he is the starter, Rask is the back up.. There is no controversy to that.. And any logical fan knows that.. Rask is playing well, but this is thomas's year.. He is going to win a second vezina, he is posting huge numbers..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

bigvig...your words"i don't think he looked fantastic last nite"...followed by"i will say he did steel? a game last night"- that makes a lot of sense! that horrible ottawa team was 3-1 last 4 games since acquiring anderson(who was great himself)-beating the FLYERS 4-1 in one of those games. i don't care who starts...they both have proven to be tops in the league. your the one crushing on TT- listen to yourself

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I thought Rask looked beatable in the First and gained momentum after that.  I have said before that almost without exception I start the guy coming off of a shutout.  I also noted yesterday that a 6 game win streak makes it less painful if we were to lose one.  At some point before the end of the season I believe it is in our best interest to see Rask against tough teams just for the sake of his own confidence, given the potential of an injury to TT in the playoffs. 

For all of these reasons, the only way I, as a hypothetical coach, would not go with Rask, is if I feel that TT's psyche was in potential danger from all the rest.  From the outside looking in, I feel TT seems to be mentally strong, therefore, I would start Rask.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

And before you try to pull the "you don't make any sense.. Your original comment is Rask should play till he loses.. Thats you being a Rask fan boy, and not being realistic or Fair.. Thomas should be the starter till he proves other wise.. If rask starts the next game on the back of the shut out I wil have no problem with that, but he certainly has not played himself out of the starting job that he solidified 8 games into the season..

To many excuses for Rask overall, the bruins did not play better in front of thomas at the begining of the year, thomas played better behind them.. He played well enough to all the bruins to over come a slow start to a game, and to get a lead, and then to be playing the game from the front.. Rask was unable to do that.. He, like the bruins was starting games off slow, and having to battle back.. This is a much better team with a 1-0 lead, then when trailing 0-2.. Which is the predicament they were finding themselves in in most of Rask early starts..
    The end result was the same, after starting slow the warmed up and played better (best 3rd period team in hockey) playing from a lead they could go on to win, playing from a tie or behind the results weren't great.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

regardless of WHO it is... how does any coach sit a goalie coming off a shutout? that's my point, clode is in a no-win situation here. he starts TT... how do you sit a goalie that's playing so well, he starts tuukka... how do you sit a goalie that's playing so well? get it?  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Throw out your rules, your preferences, whose feelings might be hurt.  This will be a classic "four point" game, that may have significant impact on playoff seedings.  Put the goalie that gives the team the best chance to win in the net.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

ABK-
    I don't agree, start rask next game, thats fine, if he post another shut out play him.. But you dont sit thomas to play rask while he is winning, which is what you were advocating whether you meant to or not.. The starting job was a 50/50 to start the season, thomas won out, this is his season at this point. I have no problem going back to rask after a shut out, but its far to late in the season to go with the "ride him till he falters" which is paraphrasing what you through out there..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

roler... are you high? my original statement was how do you sit a goalie coming off a shutout? followed by your recent comment..."if rask starts the next game on the back of a shutout i wil have no problem with that"--i am ONLY talking about who should play(better not use the word"start") tommorrow nite...not anything more- if the b's rode the hot hand with TT earlier in the season, why has that philosophy changed now that it's tuukka? this is about the teams success-not individual awards at the end of the season

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

shutout means nothing. everyone knows it about keeping both sharp. best goalie tandem in hockey and not enough games to make both happy so u have to try to keep them at top of them games. with influx of tukka getting some games in last couple weeks i think its helped thomas out a great deal. look no further then Vancouver game. 19 games left. thomas 13 games tukka 6 or something close to that with however games are scheduled(ie back to backs and if there are any 3 days off in a row) keep both on this course.

Sections
Shortcuts