thomas or rask?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: thomas or rask?

only having to score one goal to win means nothing?dumbest thing i've ever heard- yeah shutouts are overrated! it only means your team doesn't have to play well and STILL gets 2 pts-see last nite.... besides that stupid statement, i would  have to agree with you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Adk,
    go re read the post..

your statement  "rask IS coming off a shutout. i would play him as long as he keeps winning, first stumble put thomas back in"

Thats not talking about the next game, if that is what you intended to say, I gave you the lee way to correct it, but your actual statement was rask should start becuase he got a shut out, and should play to he stumbles..
    that is what I have a problem with..

Point the finger at yourself for not being able to follow a conversation if you can't state what you actually mean to.. My arguement this whole time is coherent.. Thomas is the starter, and should start, I never said he had to start the next game, but he certainly shouldnt be on the bench, till "rask stumbles" as you put it..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Adk-
    I would also add after thomas shut carolina out in a 36? save effort, the first post the next day (started by a rask fan) was how much to shots against really matter since thomas had a 36 svs shut out (the bruins were outshot) but they played a better game..

Thats what I mean, by the Rask fans being over the top, if you dont feel your in that group fine, but I would love to see rask win a game with out a post about how he should start, and thomas should sit, or conversly, see thomas lose a game (play poorly) and not see post about how bad he is, how he should be traded.. etc etc..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

No cxhoice, it's time for timmy to play. otherwise you are risking readiness.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

First of all i will say that i have alway been a fan of Rask but i am able to see that TT has been the better goalie this year and deserves to be the clear number one going in the playoffs BUT i would say if the Bs have to face the Habs...i would not go with TT.  His stats lifetime vs the Habs are terrible for some reason.  Against the other teams i don't mind but it is a big no no for me vs the Habs!! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

Didn't everyone say originally play Tuukka on Tuesday so that Thomas would be ready for Thursday? I know that there is a shutout in there any everything but aren't we forgetting why Tuukka played last night over Thomas? Give Thomas a rest get Tuukka an extra game where it fits.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the starter is the goalie that begins each game...you are too hung up on this starter thing. the bruins have 2 top notch goalies- no one is owed anything. you play the hot hand- i have no favorite...unlike yourself. if the b's WIN 5-4 against tb(tuukka in net)...then TT gets the next start(can't let 4 goals in any nite), if the score is a win 3-2 WIN ...then let the discussion begin again----- another shutout against tb(wishful thinking)should get him another start. this is rational thinking, not "TT is the starter,he's the best"-man crush talk 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Adk,
    way to back up nothing that you have said, and try to dodge it all together with name calling.. I havent said thomas should play every game, or that rask shold play less then he is.. You made a statement, and I argued it.. then you tried to change what the point of your statement is, and now I am to hung up on the word starter..

Rask winning a game doesn't make him the hot hand.  Thomas is the Starter, not the guy who is going to start the game, at this point, in this season, he is the starter, Rask is the back up, I think most fans are aware of that.. When we get to the playoffs thomas will be in net (as the starter)..

Most teams in the NHL actually have a "starter" and a back up, the bruins coming into the season were looking at a tandom, and then thomas played incredible, and rask had dissapointing results.. Thomas has emerged as the starter, and clear cut vezina favorite.. Thomas is the starter, he should play at this point aside from giving him needed rest..

Sorry if all my hockey terminology is throwing you off..
    And you can certainly give up 4 in a game and play well by the way..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

hey guys  its one hell of a nice problem to have....hard to argue with any of these posts.....the true bruin fans are the ones that put their feelings aside for one player and ive been crtical of rask all year but i cheer for him big time  ..just beat those damm habs  lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

no it's not your terminology that is throwing me off it's your inability to be reasonable. keep waiving your TT flag- the point is your never discussed anything...your mind was made up before the discussion was even started. "TT is the starter-period" - pretty close minded

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

Thomas of couse. C'mon now. I still love Rask, i just think the bruins should play him little more to get him ready for play off cuase you never know. But TT is our Starter, no doubt about it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: thomas or rask?:
    Adk- I would also add after thomas shut carolina out in a 36? save effort, the first post the next day (started by a rask fan) was how much to shots against really matter since thomas had a 36 svs shut out (the bruins were outshot) but they played a better game.. Thats what I mean, by the Rask fans being over the top, if you dont feel your in that group fine, but I would love to see rask win a game with out a post about how he should start, and thomas should sit, or conversly, see thomas lose a game (play poorly) and not see post about how bad he is, how he should be traded.. etc etc..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

So would I! Although I do hope CJ rewards the kid. TT isn't worried, knows he doesn't have to worry & we shouldn't either. The Rask lovers are over the top to say the least.
    The other thing is with Khudobin now in the system this could possibly make Rask feel a little more pressure therefore making him feel a little more urgency to pick up his game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

no it's not your terminology that is throwing me off it's your inability to be reasonable. keep waiving your TT flag- the point is your never discussed anything...your mind was made up before the discussion was even started. "TT is the starter-period" - pretty close minded
    Posted by adkbeesfan

You sound really smart that instead of coming up with anything analytical, or logical you just keep telling me to wave my TT flag when everything I have said is what most bruins fans already recognize..

your right I am just a rediculous thomas fan because I think the bruins should continue to play their vezina winning starter, and play rask as needed at this point in the season..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: thomas or rask? : You sound really smart that instead of coming up with anything analytical, or logical you just keep telling me to wave my TT flag when everything I have said is what most bruins fans already recognize.. your right I am just a rediculous thomas fan because I think the bruins should continue to play their vezina winning starter, and play rask as needed at this point in the season..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

This is why the guy made my ignore list a long time ago Roller.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

NM-
    I know.. I am just a thomas pom pom waiver, cause 65 games into the season I dont see the bruins have a goal tending controversy, i see them having a defined starter.. hm... 28-8 or 9-11..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

only having to score one goal to win means nothing?dumbest thing i've ever heard- yeah shutouts are overrated! it only means your team doesn't have to play well and STILL gets 2 pts-see last nite.... besides that stupid statement, i would  have to agree with you.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

the means nothing as who is going to play the next game. thats the jist of the whole post adk. i think rask and his shutout are number reason they one last night but julian is not going to stop playing thomas even if tukka had 2 shutouts in a row.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Didn't everyone say originally play Tuukka on Tuesday so that Thomas would be ready for Thursday? I know that there is a shutout in there any everything but aren't we forgetting why Tuukka played last night over Thomas? Give Thomas a rest get Tuukka an extra game where it fits.
    Posted by nix02061

correct the majority of post i read immediately after Edmonton was to come back with tukka again  so thomas would play at home against Tampa.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

The majority of you have man crushes on several players two of them being Rask and Seguin.....Get over it already. Rask has played well, but nothing he can do will de-throne TT from being the #1 goalie....

Quoted earlier.....CJ has to be fair & reward Rask just like he rewarded Thomas early in the season after great efforts.

Ahhh NO he doesnt....TT is the #1 and Rask should just be happy he is getting to play. TT needs the rest, but there is no question he'll play the next two games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

timmy thomas is the number one guy this year and for the next 3 years to so gets used to it but overall its nice to have this debate unlike the icemantz board run by bitter timmy haters and data entry clerks and ye old winesocks lol.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

I can guarantee that TT plays TB AND the Pitt game.  That is the only reason Rask got the nod two games in a row.  I'm glad TR is playing better and finally winning games but a closer look at his numbers over his last few wins.  3 goals vs Isles? 2 goals vs Oil on something like 17 shots???  I'll always take a win, but even when he wins, TR is not making a case to supplant TT.

Regardless-hope TR keeps the wins coming!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

WHen I saw the title of this thread I thought it must be a joke.  There is no doubt that you go back to Thomas, just like you would have gone back to Rask in the same situation last year.  I know, I know Rask has had some good wins lately with the latest being a shuout, and thats great, but you need Thomas in net agains TB.  This will be a playoff type game with second place in the conference at stake so we should be using our playoff goalie. Thomas is rested and lets not forget that he is coming off a 1 goal performance against the top team in the league that personally I thought was a better showing than Rasks so game yesterday.  You then go back to a rested Rask against a Crosby/Malkinless pens team.

Sections
Shortcuts