Thomas # retired?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Thomas # retired?

In Response to Re: Thomas # retired?:
    They will probably retire Thomas and Cheevers' number together.
    Posted by OatesCam

I wouldn't have a problem with that. Or retire Cheevers' mask. Laughing

About your other post, I don't have a problem with retiring numbers a bit loosely, but if you want to tighten it up, that's fine. However, to your list, I'd defenitely include Esposito -- he and Orr did define hockey for a generation. And I'd include Johnny Bucyk. He had longevity but he also was a top left winger in his prime. Had he been on better teams early in his career, his numbers might have been even better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

No question that Espo was real good. I just don't like retiring numbers. Bucyk for me was a bit of a stretch. He didn't define a generation like the other guys. Same with Terry O'Reily.

In Response to Re: Thomas # retired?:
    In Response to Re: Thomas # retired? : I wouldn't have a problem with that. Or retire Cheevers' mask. About your other post, I don't have a problem with retiring numbers a bit loosely, but if you want to tighten it up, that's fine. However, to your list, I'd defenitely include Esposito -- he and Orr did define hockey for a generation. And I'd include Johnny Bucyk. He had longevity but he also was a top left winger in his prime. Had he been on better teams early in his career, his numbers might have been even better.
    Posted by royf19

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Orr
    Bourque
    Thomas
    ......Dean Chynoweth

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

#30 should have been hung in the rafters when Cheevers retired.  

Sections
Shortcuts