Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Thomas

I was a tuukka guy last year, a trade tt guy to clear cap space, Timmy is saving this team.  There is no other reason we are in 1st in the division, this guy has been beyond unreal.  Get this guy some more help infront of him and make a legit cup run!  Get us more offense, TT will continue hiding mistakes or chances taken in the o zone. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Re: Thomas

TT is playing great. But he has to do this in the playoffs also. Bruins defense is amazing in addition to TT's great play, lets not discount the overall team effort here

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

It's not even close if you try to compare the team effort to TT.  Thomas hides so many mistakes, and when the bruins go into their "shell" in close games, he literally saves games for them.  Look at the huge saves he makes in crunch time.  Thomas makes the overall team look alot better, not the other way around as much.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

So your saying the team didn't do half the job TT did tonight. 

They were battling the Carolina players all night long. Blocking point shots, battling on the boards, lifting sticks, fighting people in front of the net , etc.

TT was solid and made a few game saving saves but without the defense , it would have been 5-3 carolina. 

I admit TT has singlehanded won games this year for the team. But in general our defense has been great this season. They are making TT look good on top of TT looking good for himself

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

yaz16, you are on drugs. The Bruins were reeling in the 3rd period watching Samsonov and Stall skate circles around them. Thomas flat out saved the team with 5 absolutely highlight reel saves. Two back-to-back in front, it's a tie at that point. Stall breakaway puts a stick on it....Thomas is the MVP of the league. I'm tired of hearing people downplay Thomas' work. It is one of the greatest seasons in NHL history and we're witnessing a goalie basically will his team into first place while guys like Horton can go 12 games without a goal, Ryder go into his usual fog, and Wheeler score once in a blue moon. The defense has been ok, it's not been great. If it were great, Thomas would not have to face so many bang-bang plays in front. If anything, the B's forwards are the one to blame since they aren't backchecking and wait for the puck to get loose....except for Bergeron.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The B's aren't a .500 team without Thomas...With him, they actually are a Cup contender.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas:
    The B's aren't a .500 team without Thomas...With him, they actually are a Cup contender.
    Posted by dannycater

Good goalies make good saves.  That's sort of their jobs.  It kills me when people say that "Thomas bailed them out tonight", or "Without Thomas, this team isn't very good."

Yeah, that's how it goes.  Good goaltending is helpful.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

TT hides the blatant giveaways in the offensive zone and the defensive zone.  As a whole we have one of the better D's in the league, but the mind farts of drop passes, blind passes, don't clear the zone, pickpocketed because they are day dreaming, cross ice attempts, all of these from both the forwards and the D is what is causing the games to be closer than they should. 

When B controls the puck, forechecks and cycle they are as dominant as anyone, then they decide a fancy pass, a drop pass or shoot it away and skate off.

They are winning, a lot because of TT, some from the O and some from the D.  They will win more and be considered a deep threat when they can compete as full unit, full time, a TEAM!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

They didn't play a bad game against Car. last night but they definitely had a couple of lapses and that's where Thomas saved them. They have Stanley Cup goaltending; I don't think that's in question anymore. They do need help up front.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

timmys been the best in the league all season long and will only get better i see a long stanely cup run for the b's

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas : Good goalies make good saves.  That's sort of their jobs.  It kills me when people say that "Thomas bailed them out tonight", or "Without Thomas, this team isn't very good." Yeah, that's how it goes.  Good goaltending is helpful.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Well said NOT.Thomas is part of a team and last night he did his job.I don't know why people have a fascination with the whole where would we be without TT debate.Where would we be without Chara or Bergeron or Marchand for that matter?The team wouldn't be as good without any of them but who cares?We have all of them.Worrying about "what ifs" is ridiculous.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

but deza, realize this...there's a lot of forgiving for Rask and his woes. Why is it that the team just doesn't win or perform well with Tuuka in goal? Yet, they seem to have spurts of scoring, some stretches of good play, and win with Thomas? and I will give the D-men credit more so than the forwards. The forwards have been the B's problem all season in terms of forcing Thomas to be the hero. Rask was a dominating force last year, but Thomas is transcending what a goalie has to do to save his squad. Marchand, Bergeron and Campbell are three big reasons why the team is doing well. They have stepped up and they all can skate, forecheck, win faceoffs, and even put the puck in the net or make plays that result in goals. Lucic and Recchi have supplied scoring, clutch goals and Thornton is the team's tough guy, who his having his best season.

The team was horrendous v. LA Kings, absolutely skated for 60 minutes without an effort...except for Thomas...Thomas, night in and night out, just keeps playing phenomenal in goal. Why people keep thinking this is a "team effort" when there's no question he's bailed out his team on so many occasions, is beyond me. I think this year's version of Rask is an example of what happens when you don't have that type of goaltending for this particular team. When he plays, the team is exposed for some reason. I like this team, but by god, there are so many forwards not playing good enough, two-way hockey and it's kind of disturbing--Horton, Ryder, Wheeler,

Cam Ward is an All-Star goalie, and he made some big saves during his game, but he also coughed up a terrible goal on Bergeron's long shot. In a game that is a 1-goal game, it's the goalie that blinks first. Thomas almost never is that guy. And that's why he is both an MVP and a Vezina. I am on that wagon, and I resisted calling him an MVP, but I'm sick of watching B's games that become a wait till Thomas makes 6 or 7 ridiculously great saves to save the team for 2 points.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Agreed. I was one who felt they needed to unload if possible.  I still feel they need a legit, consistent goal scoring winger.  And, they do.

But, Thomas has been incredible. Obviously, he'll win the Vezina but he's clearly making a very strong case for the Hart as well.

It makes me sick to think Josie Theodore actually won an MVP back in 2002. 

If Josie Theodore can win an MVP, then Thomas has to be the frontrunner for that award this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

and yes, Thomas will have to play this type of hockey for the team to have any chance of winning the Cup....unless the lights start coming on with the forwards and they finally help out on the defensive end. The speed skaters in the NHL are skating circles around the B's forwards, and unfortunately, the B's only have a few guys who can skate well. Marchand is an example of speed being a huge asset. He's a terrific forechecker and goes after the puck, but if he was an average skater, he would not be the dynamic player he has become. That should be a goal of the GM, to get more speed guys to replace some of the deadweight "scorers" who really don't score much.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Who says chara, bergy etc arent a huge part of this team?  It's just that TT this year has saved them so many times, even putting the second best save pct goalie on this team, and things are FAR different this season.  There are dozens of forwards in the league that could replace bergy and we would be equal or better, same with Z, there is NO other goalie that can be said about. 

Bruins apologists can't take the argument that TT is mvp of the team, because they feel it's an admission that this team is weaker on D and O than they want to admit.  Bruins lack real talent, plain and simple.  We have Z, we have Bergy and everyone else provides nice depth and filling in on great teams, we need a top winger and a legit #2 dman still. 

This team might be able to get away with missing another winger or dman due to their depth of 2nd and 3rd line guys, and far and away the best goalie in the NHL. 

*** Let's see it in the playoffs now timmy, we dont care about vezina's!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

If you put Thomas on the Caps, Pens, Flyers, Canucks, Stars, Wings or Tampa they are INSTANTLY the undisputed front runners for the cup.  That says a lot right there.  He IS a game breaker/difference maker and I think Boston fans dont appreciate him because of his style and age.  Simple as that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

bigvig, well said

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

and yes, Thomas will have to play this type of hockey for the team to have any chance of winning the Cup....unless the lights start coming on with the forwards and they finally help out on the defensive end. The speed skaters in the NHL are skating circles around the B's forwards, and unfortunately, the B's only have a few guys who can skate well. Marchand is an example of speed being a huge asset. He's a terrific forechecker and goes after the puck, but if he was an average skater, he would not be the dynamic player he has become. That should be a goal of the GM, to get more speed guys to replace some of the deadweight "scorers" who really don't score much.
    Posted by dannycater

Show me the team that wins the cup and (99% of the time)I'll show you a team that had outstanding goaltending.Someone said put TT in TBay,Philly,etc.,and they instantly become cup favourites.I say if he switched teams his numbers would NEVER be as good.Anyone who chooses to argue this point can start by explaining how Boston still was tops in league GAA even when Fernandez or Rask was playing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

but deza, realize this...there's a lot of forgiving for Rask and his woes. Why is it that the team just doesn't win or perform well with Tuuka in goal? Yet, they seem to have spurts of scoring, some stretches of good play, and win with Thomas? and I will give the D-men credit more so than the forwards. The forwards have been the B's problem all season in terms of forcing Thomas to be the hero. Rask was a dominating force last year, but Thomas is transcending what a goalie has to do to save his squad. Marchand, Bergeron and Campbell are three big reasons why the team is doing well. They have stepped up and they all can skate, forecheck, win faceoffs, and even put the puck in the net or make plays that result in goals. Lucic and Recchi have supplied scoring, clutch goals and Thornton is the team's tough guy, who his having his best season. The team was horrendous v. LA Kings, absolutely skated for 60 minutes without an effort...except for Thomas...Thomas, night in and night out, just keeps playing phenomenal in goal. Why people keep thinking this is a "team effort" when there's no question he's bailed out his team on so many occasions, is beyond me. I think this year's version of Rask is an example of what happens when you don't have that type of goaltending for this particular team. When he plays, the team is exposed for some reason. I like this team, but by god, there are so many forwards not playing good enough, two-way hockey and it's kind of disturbing--Horton, Ryder, Wheeler, Cam Ward is an All-Star goalie, and he made some big saves during his game, but he also coughed up a terrible goal on Bergeron's long shot. In a game that is a 1-goal game, it's the goalie that blinks first. Thomas almost never is that guy. And that's why he is both an MVP and a Vezina. I am on that wagon, and I resisted calling him an MVP, but I'm sick of watching B's games that become a wait till Thomas makes 6 or 7 ridiculously great saves to save the team for 2 points.
    Posted by dannycater

I don't know where this Rask forgiveness thing happens.Had Rask started he would've been ripped over both goals TT allowed last night(even though neither were bad goals or TT's fault).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If you put Thomas on the Caps, Pens, Flyers, Canucks, Stars, Wings or Tampa they are INSTANTLY the undisputed front runners for the cup.  That says a lot right there.  He IS a game breaker/difference maker and I think Boston fans dont appreciate him because of his style and age.  Simple as that.
    Posted by bigvig

How are the Caps looking if they have Chara?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by bigvig

So now TT is an immediate upgrade on Luongo?That's slightly over the top isn't it?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Thomas's numbers in the post season don't worry me a bit.

TT is playing great. But he has to do this in the playoffs also. Bruins defense is amazing in addition to TT's great play, lets not discount the overall team effort here
    Posted by yaz16

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

thomas has been the best in the league, he finds a way to stop pucks. that is his job-it's what a goalie gets paid to do. he is part of the team, and the team is doing well. put TT on the isles and his gaa would be a full goal higher, the d deserves some credit, along with the system. goalies steal games every nite in the nhl. that's why they can be game changers. that's why a hot goalie can LEAD a team to the cup, they can't win it on their own. did TT score the game winning goal last nite...no, the team won-go b's  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"Good goalies make good saves.  That's sort of their jobs. "

Agreed, but at the same time that is like saying Sandy Koufax was just doing his job pitching in 1965.

TT is having a historic year and the numbers bear that out, but point is taken...Hockey is a team sport, and like it or not, Julien's system will always give goalies good numbers...but we had no way of knowing TT's numbers would be so ridiculous.

With that said, It's gonna take a lot more than Thomas to carry them to the promised land.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

btw...cam ward played as well as thomas last nite...the b's scored 3 on him...some credit must also go to the forwards. the shots were 11-4 in favor of the b's halfway through the 3rd, then the home team picked it up, as they should have...b's weathered the storm- team effort. thomas wasn't stealing games they were winning big a week or two ago- 7-0, 5-2 -come'on people 

Sections
Shortcuts